• Yes indeed because

I think its okay for a kid to have an athlete for a role model. Atletes represent a both physically and mentally healthy lifestyle. It is nice for kids to have a role model, But at the other end athletes can easily spread the wrong message to a wide audience of kids and teenagers. Who might try to imitate that. For example when football player Christiano ronaldo drove recklessly just to overtake one of his team mates. It got a huge amount of attention of the media.

• They very much should be.

I say this because a kid has to have someone to believe in. A kid has to have a dream. When they see a famous runningback in a football game score a TD, they get hope. I know this because I have experience of this happening. I hope athletes are always role models.

• Yes of course

I think athletes should be role models, because they give you confidence to reach your big goal!!!!! The majority of the athletes are not abusing their fans and doing drugs... And i think, when you have a role model you look up to their way of chasing their dream, and how they behave on the pitch. I think athletes are perfect role models for young guys and girls!
    CONCLUSION: YES OF COURSE!

• Yes they should because

Some professional athletes speak a positive message through their fame by demonstrating constructive ideas such as teamwork and commitment while they are on the field. Even off of the playing field some athletes set a good example by visiting children in schools, going to hospitals, or even setting up foundations and organizations to help the ill and less fortunate people.

• Kids may or may not want to pick a athlete to be their role model or the person they want to be like.

Kids may or may not want to pick an athlete to be their role model or the person they want to be like. Kids should be able to make the disusing in their life of who they would like to admire and be like one day. Some kids may not want to pick a role model but they should still have the choice to.

• They Should be considered Role Models

Kids look up to them and expressing good traits should mean that they are considered role models. However, if a certain athlete shows bad traits on and/or off the field, they shouldn't be considered role models. So, really, it depends on the athlete you want to judge. So yeeeeahhhhhh :)

• They Should be considered Role Models

• Yes, kids have dreams

Kids need a person to look up to to do good things in life. They look up at their role model and say, "I want to be just like him/her!" They then look up to them to do good in life. Kids need role models to look up to. Derp

• Yes, kids have dreams

• Yes, kids have dreams

• No athlete should feel compelled to be a role model

Athleticism like any other practice is a profession and each profession is progressive of positive messages that are interpretive to pro mental/physical/educational etc. I think by becoming a role model in the sporting world you become too easily affiliated in endorsement. Through this you are forced to fine-tune your character as a falling out can cause significant career consequences and personal issues. And physical proficiency isn't a real benefit for any child, you're considerably healthy without exercise. The item of athletes helping young people achieve their goals i think is applicable if the persons goal is to also be an athlete. I haven't heard of someone who loves IT wake up each morning and compare his/her goals to soccer star Messi. It's just another expectation we put on others for our own comfort and to ease our own, and the responsibilities of our young onto other known people in the public realm. Lastly i want to point out that too often we consider role models as influences on children, they should be if anything influential as advocates on a social platform to society and community on current issues.

• Athletes are not good Role Models

I would say, that it very much depends on which athlete you see as your Role Model. If your rolemodel fx. Isn't who he/she says they are, you could very easily get fooled and try and live up to very pessimistic and fake goals. You could easily try and exercise and lift weights to be just as big and muscular as your Role Model, when he/she in reality is taking drugs to live up to the high expectations - so really, you are destroying two humans bodies, just to have the expected image and look.
    But on the other hand, it is still good to have someone to look up to, and have as inspiration and motivation to reach those goals. But i wouldn't say that athletes are the best Role Models, also because they in a big perspective, dont do anything to improve the world we live in. Most of their careers are about entertainment and fun.

• What the fuck?

I don't think that they have to be good role models. The job you have dosen't matter, the way you behave and the person you are matters if you want to be a good role model. Then it dosen't matter if you're a doctor, a musician or even a dog.

• Damaging the kids!!!

I think that kids nowadays looks more up to their role model than they should and that might damage them. If a kid looks up to a star, who does something stupid, then the kid might go down with a depression or something like that. Also if kids want to emulate their role model, they might get disappointed if they dont, because its not possible for all kids to reach the same thing as their role model did. Some kids only watch their role models on the pitch, so if they find out that their role model does something stupid off the pitch, they might get very disappointed.

• Damaging the kids!!!

• Damaging the kids!!!

• Damaging the kids!!!

• Damaging the kids!!!

• Damaging the kids!!!

• Damaging the kids!!!

Anonymous says2013-03-12T15:06:53.127
athletes are someone that i would definetely look up to. P.S. i know lionel messi he is my cousin
Chrissaay says2016-08-29T11:41:19.457
I believe that it’s important for children to have a role model and to have a dream. Many kids love sports, and probably have a few athletes that they want to live up to, and achieve their goals. Quite a lot of athletes donate a lot of their money to charity, and when they do that kids will also get the feeling, that help is needed around the world. Athletes work extremely hard to achieve what they have achieved. That could also motivate the children to also work hard, the achieve their own goals.
lmfaothissolit says2017-01-19T11:13:14.190
Fuckers in school telling me, always in the barber shop Chief Keef ain’t bout this, Chief Keef ain’t bout that My boy a BD on fucking Lamron and them He, he they say that nigga don’t be putting in no work SHUT THE FUCK UP! Y'all niggas ain’t know shit All ya motherfuckers talk about Chief Keef ain’t no hitta Chief Keef ain’t this Chief Keef a fake SHUT THE FUCK UP Y'all don’t live with that nigga Y'all know that nigga got caught with a ratchet Shootin' at the police and shit Nigga been on probation since fuckin, I don’t know when! Motherfuckers stop fuckin' playin' him like that Them niggas savages out there If I catch another motherfucker talking sweet about Chief Keef I’m fucking beating they ass! I’m not fucking playing no more You know those niggas role with Lil' Reese and them