• Yes indeed because

I think its okay for a kid to have an athlete for a role model. Atletes represent a both physically and mentally healthy lifestyle. It is nice for kids to have a role model, But at the other end athletes can easily spread the wrong message to a wide audience of kids and teenagers. Who might try to imitate that. For example when football player Christiano ronaldo drove recklessly just to overtake one of his team mates. It got a huge amount of attention of the media.

• They very much should be.

I say this because a kid has to have someone to believe in. A kid has to have a dream. When they see a famous runningback in a football game score a TD, they get hope. I know this because I have experience of this happening. I hope athletes are always role models.

• Definitely

Whether they want to be or not, they are role models, and rightly so. They are in the public eye constantly and are an example of following their dream to do something they love and are good at and succeeding at that dream. It is something everyone aspires to and they are a prime example of living the dream.

• Indeed.

Athletes are in the public eye all the time. They're rich, famous, and kids are always striving to emulate them. That pretty much sums up what a role model is, no? Some of them have character flaws, just like any other occupation. But for every T.O. and Chad Ochocinco you have someone like Todd Herremens who is outgoing in his community and striving to help.

• Athletes role models are good!

I’m partly positive about athletes being role models

Here are 3 reason to why I find it to be a good and a bad thing

1.They show a healthy style of living with being so sporty. A healthy style of living is an important part of how we function as humans, it keeps us healthy and fills us with energy which is important even for a job at a desk.

2.They maybe set the standard too high for some people and they may lose confidence. Confidence is really important for achieving goals in life and looking at someone really fit and good at the sport you may start thinking that you will never be able to achieve that goal.

3.It gives you a goal to reach for if you want to become a professional athlete in a particular sport. It sets a standard for you to reach which may inspire you to make it

• Yes they should because

I love bananas, i love bananas, i love bananas, i love bananas, i love bananas, i love bananas, i love bananas, i love bananas, i love bananas, i love bananas, i love bananas, i love bananas, i love bananas, i love bananas, i love bananas, i love bananas, i love bananas, i love bananas, i love bananas, i love bananas, i love bananas, i love bananas, i love bananas, i love bananas, i love bananas

• It wasnt me

It wasnt me who wrote yes yes bevares

cause you shall not pass

noah (:
    noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:noah (:

• Watch This Shit! :)

They should be a role model, but still doesn’t do stupid things.
    Let me tell you a thing “no one gives a shit, about that crap”.
    Everybody gives a shit about Donald Trump.
    Forest Gump is an athlete, and he is cool an everybody loves him.
    Forest run like shitty fast, faster than Usain Bolt.
    You know what also are fast Sharknados, They hit you without you even notice.
    Finn is fast and he is like Bullseye.
    Finn is the best at shooting he always hit like Deadshot.
    Finn won OL gold medal.
    The real Deadshot is Will Smith.
    You know Daryl Dixon??? He is a big idol, same with Rick Grimes and Glenn.
    They kill walkers all the time, no problemo.

• Yes they should

Athletes should be role models, because children looks up to them, and they will be at their level, so they will be active and train more. A a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a aa a

• Yes they should

• I'm torn-Read This

Some athletes are known for abusing people they love. They take the violence of the game off the field. But there are some athletes who have a clear record and can go out and inspire fans all around the world. Some actions are greater than others.

-Arden K. - Thank you Debate.Org!

• No no no

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no n o n o n o n o n o n o n o n o n o n o n o no!

• No no no

• No no no

• No no no

• No they shouldn't

I don't think Athletes should be role models, they are just entertainers who are doing their jobs. Yes, I see that it can be inspiring to see how hard they worked, to go to where they are. The chance of getting to their level is just so small, so it can easily be an impossible goal to reach.
    If your role model is for example a professional football player, and you just want to be like him. Then it might kill your confidence if you see that you can’t make it to his level.

• No !!!!!! !!!

Athletes are just entertainers, or not just but they are. I Know they have trained hard to reach that level. But what about the doctors who saves lifes everyday, and what about the policemen who keeps ou streets safe are they also heroes? A A A A A A A

• I hate him

This guy is just the worse in this world he should be dead right now we all hate him and we just wonna kill him...... . .. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . .. . . . . ..V.V...V.V . .

• I don’t want my friends to be damage.

Athletes can give you joy but they can also give you unreachable goals. A person with an unreachable goal can easily get depressed. I have seen it on my uncle witch ended up in the mental ill hospital (He is all right now). I know I’m going on a limb hear but a depression person can I some extreme chases lead to suicide. I don’t want my friends to be depressed if they can’t reach their goals. CONCLUSION: Having an athlete as a role model can lead to depressions.

• Drugs in the sports

Fx the pro bodybuilders inspirer many people to train, and that’s a good thing, but if you want to win gold medals in bodybuilding, you have to dope yourselves, there is no way you can win mr. Olympia without taking any kinds of drugs .
    I think that if people know there role model is on drugs and it’s gives the role models a better result, then many people who look up to their role model will also jump on drugs

Anonymous says2013-03-12T15:06:53.127
athletes are someone that i would definetely look up to. P.S. i know lionel messi he is my cousin
Chrissaay says2016-08-29T11:41:19.457
I believe that it’s important for children to have a role model and to have a dream. Many kids love sports, and probably have a few athletes that they want to live up to, and achieve their goals. Quite a lot of athletes donate a lot of their money to charity, and when they do that kids will also get the feeling, that help is needed around the world. Athletes work extremely hard to achieve what they have achieved. That could also motivate the children to also work hard, the achieve their own goals.