• I think that Barbie should definitely be an icon.

I think that Barbie should definitely be an icon. Nicki Minaj was onto something. Maybe she’s a little smarter than she
    looks. We need Barbie to teach the young
    girls how important it is to be a beautiful doll with large breasts and a thin
    figure. Also, Barbie dolls should cook
    and clean.

• No she should not.

Barbie should not be an icon. I get that it is just a doll, but it was made super skinny and tall, barbie is the representative for a typical "pretty" person and that might make children think they have to be tall and super skinny to get liked and look pretty as well.

• Barbie should not be an icon

Barbie should not be an icon because she could never be a real woman, its almost impossible. If barbie were an average looking woman then it would be easier for her to be an icon but she isn't, barbie is the type of toy that makes girls feel as if they aren't beautiful enough.
    Http://www.Peacelovelunges.Com/blog/ask-sam/what-if-barbie-were-a-real-woman/