• Barbie screwed up my life!

Okay, when I was five, my mom bought me a Barbie doll. You know,, blonde hair, blue eyes, skinny as a twig, sparkly pink dress. Well, now I'm obsessed with looking like that. I dyed my hair blonde, got blue eye contacts, I'm on twelve diets, 13 weight loss pills, and work out nine times a day. So yeah, ban them. Barbie messed me up! Oh, and by the way, thanks a lot, MOM!

• Yes barbie dolls should be banned

Barbie dolls should be banned because they show girls a false image of perfection and make children at a young age start to doubt their body image and want to change it. The overall image of a barbie is very disproportional for the height and skinniness and body shape of the plastic figurine.

• What's the issue?

I'm pretty sure that children focus more on dressing them up, styling their hair and imagining their fantasy world rather than what the dolls body looks like - it seems that the dolls bodies are the only big factor as to why people want them banned, which isn't a very strong argument.

• Barbie dolls have been around for decades

No, I do not believe that Barbie Dolls should banned. Barbie Dolls have evolved with times and have basically grew up with various generation of girls. She has shown them that girls can be any thing they want, it include, but limited to doctors, princesses, lawyers, vets and more. Why should this icon be banned?

• No, people need to lighten up

Why should Barbies be banned? Because it gives kids body image issues? Because it shows a lack of reality? Girls play with Barbies to escape into a fantasy world. Insecure adults that have self confidence issues are the ones who seem to have the problem. Let kids be kids and stop projecting your own insecurities on them.

• Don't like the doll, don't buy the doll

Another pet peeve of mine is how when people do not agree with something, then everything should be banned. Do Barbie Dolls have to be controversial to? Most people I know who do not like a product, do not buy that product. That is the easiest way to stop the production of something. Obviously, many people still like Barbie Dolls because they have been in business for a long time. People need to get over it and find something else to do with their life.

• No, I don't think Barbie Dolls should be banned.

I think that Barbie is a stable toy for American girls and there is nothing wrong with in general, the majority of parents are fine with Barbie and the majority of girls get many hours of entertainment out of playing with their Barbie dolls, I don't think there is anything offensive or ban worthy about Barbie.

• No, Barbie Dolls should not be banned.

I do not believe that Barbie Dolls should be banned. I think that a lot of them are still great toys for children regardless of how outdated some people may think they are. I think that a lot of the opposition of Barbie Dolls are from politically correct groups that have a chip on their shoulders.