Should beastiality be made legal, seeing as we are allowed to perform tests on animals and kill them without their consent?

Asked by: DavidKaizer
  • No blanket ban on bestiality, but same animal protection laws.

If the animal suffers from a human action, the action ought in general to be illegal if there is not some very great benefit at stake. Thus bestiality may be illegal if it causes suffering, but not otherwise. Of course, holding animals for food production tends to be quite unpleasant to the animals and should also be banned. If this is not done then one would have to allow a similar amount of suffering to be inflicted for sexual reasons. Both eating and having sex with animals are totally unnecessary and neither is more or less justified than the other if it does inflict suffering. They are both permissible to the extent they can be made to cause no suffering, or less suffering than pleasure, however.

• I will say it a million times: LOVE IS LOVE.

Am I saying that I have a lover that is not human? No. I am however saying that humans are not the only emotional animals. And yes, humans are indeed animals: We are not plants, fungi, bacterium, nor protists. Even if you are using the term 'animal' loosely to categorize any animal that is a savage and not civilized, many humans fall under that category. Jokes aside, beastiality should be legal on the premise that love is not cruel and sex is meant to be an act of love. If professional veterinarians wish to inspect the health of the animal in question to ensure that the animal is not harmed nor opposed to the acts, this would ensure that the animal is not being abused.

• It depends on the situation

If a person has sexual contact with an animal, yet does not cause physical or emotional harm to that animal; loves (bonds with and gives attention to) and provides proper care for that animal; and the animal still loves the person by means of showing trust and affection rather than fear and aggression, in my opinion it is tolerable.

Consent is morally debatable but legally illogical. It is not a crime to do something to an animal without that animal's consent, as long as abuse does not occur. While the individual may consider it rape to engage an animal for sex with partial or no consent, the law as a body has no more right to than it has to regard the killing of an animal for food as murder.

It is possible to make a reliable guess of consent from familiarity with behavior and body language. This could only be a guess because humans communicate consent within their own species verbally, while animals communicate consent within their own species by body language and to a small extent vocally, i.E. Growling.

The accuracy of this guess may be studied by comparison with other fields. Many people risk their lives on their ability to correctly read what a dog is trying to tell them, in fields such as search and rescue, seeing eye dogs, bomb-sniffing dogs, and dogs trained for police and military work. Logically, this same capacity for a human to observe and understand the behavior of a dog may extend to a bedroom situation.

If I had an interest in approaching my pet dog for the purpose of sleeping with her, I would (1) adopt a large breed dog, around a hundred pounds or more, (2) spend several years in chastity with her, to bond with her and earn her trust and affection, (3) allow her to show interest if she is of age (dogs reach sexual maturity at 2 years old) in the manner that dogs do, by licking, sniffing, rubbing, and nipping (4), approach her the first time very slowly, carefully, and in a way she could understand, the same way that a male dog would, (5), be willing to leave her to her peace if she growls, pulls away, runs away, whips around, has any tension in her muscles, fidgets, is not relaxed, or if I had any other doubt, however vague, that she was entirely comfortable, (6) set aside time to spend with her afterwards to observe her behavior towards me, whether she kept her distance and showed fear when I drew close to her, or if she was willing to curl up next to me on the couch and come without hesitation when I call her, (7) speak with her veterinarian, regardless of personal risk because of the legal situation, to ensure that no physical harm occurred to her, (8) arrange for a trusted friend to provide care for her in the event that her veterinarian decides it is best to have me incarcerated.

• No. They are the same as a child psychologically for one reason.

For one, I do not believe in performing tests on animals and tormenting them. Secondly killing them for food is completely optional in today's society since we can survive without eating them.
    I believe Humans are the care takers of the earth and animals, and I believe in stick to our species for partners. Humans should not be take advantage of animals because they seem to give some "kind" of consent. To justify this, is to say the same with a child -if the child gives consent then we should make it legal. Scientists have determined that an animal's emotions and minds are equivalent to a child. They are innocent. I also feel allowing bestiality to be legal will lead to more abuse and misuse to animals than what we already have! MOST animals do not even show signs of interesting in mating with a human unless a human at one point made them interact with them sexually.
    It is immoral unethical and not justified and unnecessary.
    I stand against Bestiality.

• Not at all

I can think of multiple reasons why killing an animal would be genuinely beneficial to humans. I can think of even more reasons why testing on animals would be beneficial to humans. I can not think of any reasons why beastiality would be beneficial to humans. That is, besides the obvious. Obviously animal do have rights. And I do believe in those rights. Hunting for sport i do not support an anyway. Hunting for necessity I do. I do not support testing on animals for cosmetic reasons, but for medical yes. And if we have to pay more to make sure the animals are as comfy as can be, so be it. Beastiality is perverse and will not improve the life of any species on this planet. It only helps that individual bust a nut. And busting a nut is not worth humanities dignity or humanity for that matter.