• Yes its hurting the children long term.

Beauty contests need to be banned for children 15 years and younger. Parents are making their children go on diets to lose baby fat just in order to look like a Barbie doll. When children are being entered into these pageants at a young age they’re developing a poor self-image of themselves. Also it causes a low self-esteem which can have long term effects. For children, the idea that everything they are doing is being judged can be too much to handle, it causes them to question their true beauty. This can become difficult for children to decipher the competition from reality. About 2.5 million children are competing in theses contests in the U.S. alone and 72% of parents hire pageant coaches. A single competition can cost up to $5,000. Some contests require multiple outfits that can raise the price even higher.

• Life is not a beauty contest

Girls think you need to be pretty and perfect and flawless beauty contests just support that. People are NOT perfect and they are NOT flawless. Beauty pageants are superficial. They make me sick! Girls shouldn't be pressured to be skinny, beautiful, or perfect. Beauty contests should be banned for the sake of girls everywhere

• Of course they should

Beauty contests sexualize young children at such a young age. It'll be the last thing i'd ever consider doing to my child! I cant imagine my 5 year old walking around in a stripper costume, hair extensions and fake lashes. Young children don't need to be exposed to such materialism!

• Of course they should

• Humans spend all day measuring their self's around others.

Girls measure up against others. Don't do that! People should learn to be their selfs, all the time. A beauty contest is all about measuring up against other girls to try to get the given prize. Yes. Beauty contests and pageants should be banned.People need to learn to be our own person.

• They should definitely be banned!

Child beauty pageants focus on external beauty and winning. The contests demands competitors to spend great amounts of money in artificial beautification. This is a poor focus for impressionable girls and devalues them at a young age. Children should not be permitted to be in beauty pageants because of their demoralizing, harmful effects on self-confidence and budding character.

• They should definitely be banned!

• They Are Shallow

I do not believe that women -or anyone- should be judged by how they look like , it's nothing we can control ! You go in a beauty contest to prove your beauty that wasn't even your own choice and you're desirable and everyone's cool with it , you join a school activity or a scientific club and you're a nerd. Seriously society ?
    It causes depression for many girls starting with those who join and never win !
    Is it really worthy ? Do you really need a plastic crown and flowers to know you're beautiful ? Is it worth starving yourself and living like a Barbie ?
    Beauty standards differ , and we're all beautiful in our own special way.
    Don't become a Barbie to prove something that you didn't create , you can't create your beauty , but you can create your intelligence.
    Think before you starve yourself and dip your face in makeup.

• No. Just no.

Toddler and tiaras is about pageants and crazy moms. Dance moms is about dance competitions and crazy moms. Both cases involve girls of all ages strutting around a stage with makeup. For dance its whatever the teacher puts you in, you wear. In pageants the parent choses what their kid wears. Yet you would ban beauty pageants and not dance competitions? Whats the difference??

• Let vain people enjoy their vanity

If you don't like beauty contests, I'm with you, but I don't think they should be banned or made illegal. It's people's choice. If someone wants to do it, let them try. Perhaps they will think differently afterward; perhaps not. In either case, it's their life and their choice. I wouldn't do it or watch it, but I wouldn't make it illegal for other people.

• Why ban them?

Even though I think beauty contests tend to bring out the selfish side of certain women, but it can also bring out the best in them. Beauty contests have been around for many, years, and alto of people tend to take them very seriously. I just don't see the point in banning them.

• No, beauty contests should not be banned.

It's likely not possible to completely ban beauty contests from being held, since there's nothing illegal about them. As a society, however, we could definitely change whether or not they're held, since advertisers will not sponsor them if they're not watched. People who don't agree with televised beauty contests simply should not watch them. If enough people avoided them, then they would eventually stop being broadcast, and perhaps even stop being held. But there's really no reasonable explanation to support banning them.

• It should not be banned but increase the age limit for the kids pageants

Beauty pageants are a platform for many young girls out there to showcase their talents and will become a spark for them to compete in the international stage .Thus making not only them proud but also their country .If their country actually wins it becomes self tourism publicity to the winning country showing the whole world that they create smart , beautiful and confident women who can showcase a whole country by themselves on the international stage

• We have the right to be in them

Beauty pageants are fun! Use Girls get to have are dreams of being a princess come true. It's not something that everyone can do, so why try and take that dream away from them? Most people don't get their dreams turned into a reality, but the ones who do, people shouldn't try and take that away from them.

• Absolutely Not Right Now

Children and parents have a choice of participating in child beauty pageants or contests. If we ban it, they won't have a choice at all. Most kids who do beauty pageants enjoy them and accept pageants as hobby's or jobs. Kids also learn valuable and important lessons in beauty pageants/contests like to always take pride in their appearances and losing isn't the end of the world. They can also win a lot of money or scholarships which can help during important stages like college and grad school.

• I don’t think that beauty contests should ever be banned.

I don’t think that beauty contests should ever be
    banned. Beauty contests and pageants
    make the world a much better place.
    There are many women that would have absolutely no purpose in life if
    they couldn’t enter beauty contests.
    Beauty contests can also make a lot of money for television stations and
    advertisers.

• No. I do not believe that beauty contests should be banned.

No. I do not believe that beauty contests should be banned, because there is no reason to ban them. Beauty contest are a hobby. There is nothing wrong with people taking care of themselves , and competing with others. There are too many things in our society to be concerned with. Beauty pageants are not one.of Them.

• No they can be fun

Beauty contests do not need to be banned. If done correctly they can be fun and up lifting. I think if they are for kids and too competitive they should be banned. For adults though it is a personal choice and you can be healthy and in a beauty contest.