Should being able to vote in languages other than English be permitted?

• Yes, it should

The United States, does not and should not have an official language. Some of the is country was actually settled by Spain, and while that majority of it speaks English, not everyone does. Everyone has the right to vote, regardless of what language they speak or read best, and they deserve to vote.

• Yes, I think so.

Advocates of non-citizen voting advance many arguments for their initiatives. They point out that non-citizen voting was, at one time, allowed in a number of early American states and territories and that it is currently allowed in other Western democracies. They argue that it is only fair to allow non-citizens to vote since they shoulder many of the responsibilities of citizens, like paying taxes, but are not formally represented. And, they say, allowing non-citizens to vote will have civic value as a training ground for the responsibilities of citizenship.

• Yes, the United States has no official language.

Since the United States has no official language, its citizens should be able to vote in their language of preference. The only issue is that it requires many different types of ballots in different languages, which might be hard to manage. However, if the U.S. switched to online voting, the language issue would be easier to handle.

• I do not think voting in other languages should be permitted.

When voting in a country, you should be able to understand the language of the country. To gain citizenship you must have a good handle on the language so this requirement should not be a burden on any legal citizens of the United States. Only those who can't meet the citizenship standards can't meet this requirement which makes sense.

• What about adapting to the country?

It seems these days immigrant instead of adapting to the country want the country to adapt to them, well that's not how it should work, if I move to spain I shouldn't expect people to get used to my way of living, no I should get used to THEIR way of living