Should both parents assume equal responsibility in raising a child?

• Yea it is necessary

A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

• Yea it is necessary

• Yea it is necessary

• Yes it is necessary

• Yes it is necessary

• I am a Bastard Child

I know what it's like to not have a Father. I believe it is necessary for both parents to be at LEAST present in a child's development. Not knowing my father until I was 11 was difficult. Not only was it emotionally Hard to not have a steady Male Figure in My Life, but I even got ridicule. Some kids think it's Funny that a kid's parents aren't married. It's No Laughing Matter. I believe having both parents in a kid's life is a Must. I've only known My Father for Four Years Now, and It's Changed My Life.

• YES, absolutely! Why not????

Yes, they should share the responsibilities of parenting. It's the only thing that makes sense! It takes two people to have a baby, and the role of parenting doesn't stop as soon as the child is born. It is beneficial for a child to have both parents helping raise them.

• Both Parents should Be involved

I agree to this because most kids who grow up in the home with a single parent usually quits school, have kids young, go to jail, rape someone, and the list can go on, Not saying kids who grew up with both parents wouldn't do the same , but they're just less likely.

• Yes, in my opinion both parents must assume equal responsibility.

If a child doesn't have both parents their life would be miserable because they would believe that the parent that does not take responsibility for them does not care for them. Also, a child may also believe that the parent that doesn't take responsibility for them doesn't love him as much as the parent that does take responsibility.

• A child needs both parents

Its hard only having one parent. The child blames their selves for the parent not being around. I am 15 and my mom left us a long tome ago and she wont support us but she will pay for her drugs. She has no teeth. She is rachet! But my life would be easier with both parents

• Fathers are indispensable

Evidence from criminalogical studies has irrefutably established that the vast majority of juveniles behind bars, as well as adults, both male and female, grew up in a home with an absentee father, or one who was neglectful of parenting duties. Its certainly better, ideally, for a child to have both parents, but in cases of divorce, where a father is willing and able to take custody of the children, he should be given preference, for the simple reason that the end result has been statistically shown to be better. A century ago this preference was law,, but modern society has ignored the wisdom of the past and preferred mothers as custodians under a "tender years doctrine" and reaped a bad harvest as a result.

• Fathers are indispensable

themohawkninja says2013-11-28T01:27:55.753
It's hard to say. Mothers are the caregivers and the ones that do the most direct providing, but fathers tend to do all the indirect providing. The type of care is different, but the amount may be the same, so whether or not they should be equally responsible is a good question.