• A bounty hunter is someone who pursues fugitives or criminals for whom a reward is offered

Yes, bounty hunting should be legal. I believe that we should use any method possible to bring in people that have violated the law. Once someone has violated a law, I believe that their personal freedoms should be restricted and they should be detained per the law. I think fugitives unnecessarily tie up law enforcement officers, so bounty hunters provide a perfect solution to safely detaining someone who has fled from the law.

• If the law cannot find them let someone do it who can

Yes, I believe that bounty hunting should be legal. If law enforcement have be unable to locate a person that could possibly be dangerous, then why not let someone who whole focus would be on that individual take the time to capture them. Some bounty hunters have more resources than police on the personal side and may be more successful in their venture.

• Bounty Hunting should be legal

Bounty hunters should be legal because they are providing a service for the state and are helping to round up criminals. They are licensed and have regulations put upon to make sure they are safe. They provide a service so that the police do not have to do that as well.

• Yes it should.

I guess I thought it was legal. Either way, it should be legal because all the bounty hunter is doing is finding someone who is an escaped criminal or jumped bail. This is a good thing and I see no reason why it should be illegal. I love to watch Dog the Bounty Hunter!

• It Is Legal And It Should Be

A bounty hunter is someone who pursues fugitives or criminals for whom a reward is offered, this is actually a career field here in the United States and I believe they serve the community well. It helps round up more criminals than law enforcement alone would round up. They provide a valuable service and it should continue to be legal.

• Of course it should.

How else is a socially challenged, violence inclined, sword-wielding, gun-toting, motorbike-riding undergraduate student like me supposed to afford food and rent, and enjoy life? Bagging and tagging fugitives for money is a great thing. It benefits me, the police, the tax-payers and the economy in general. Quit hogging all the fun, pigs.

Posted by: APB
  • Bounty hunting should be legal.

Yes, bounty hunting should be legal. If a person is a fugitive or wanted by law enforcement then the general populace should be allowed to have a hand in attempting to apprehend them. If an individual fancies themselves as being particularly adept at tracking someone and they are willing to take the risks of doing so then they should be allowed to hunt someone down for a reward, provided they aren't doing harm to anyone else.

• Yes, bounty hunting should be legal.

I believe that we should use any method possible to bring in people that have violated the law. Once someone has violated a law, I believe that their personal freedoms should be restricted and they should be detained per the law. I think fugitives unnecessarily tie up law enforcement officers, so bounty hunters provide a perfect solution to safely detaining someone who has fled from the law.

• Not in a civil society

Bounty hunting is the government granting a right to a private company to forcibly enter property and detain someone that owes a debt. If we extend this logic, then COMCAST should be able to forcibly send its workers into your home to collect on a late cable bill that you promised to pay.

Most bounty hunters aren't licensed. It is nearly impossible to protect the rights of those that may be falsely identified. They are not sworn to serve anyone but their employer. And it is considered kidnapping in every other country in the world.

• Bounty hunting should be banned

It should be banned because they will lie ,trespass on peoples property that has nothing to with the person they are looking for, violate People rights , present themselves as police officers ,break & enter into dwellings
    unlawfully, threatened people with arrest that they can't do if they don't give information they want . I keep a gun in my house not pepper spray ,and will not let one those want to be cops intimidate me.They are lazy and money hungry ,get a real job punks.

• Bounty hunting should not be legal.

Bounty hunting is barbaric and it should not be legal. It is the job of police to find criminals, not private individuals. The idea that people are being hunted for profit is reprehensible. Bounty hunting is an outdated practice and it should be outlawed. This kind of business should be left to professionals.

• No, it's uncivilized.

Bounty hunting should not be legal because it is uncivilized, and allowing uncivilized behavior, even to a positive outcome, is a dangerous, razor's-edge kind of thing. It encourages outrageous means for capture, and gives the sense that lawlessness is okay, and it is not. We are not living in the Wild West.

• Not at all.

The mere thought of bounty hunting is enough to disgust me and should disgust any other rational human being. We are a nation of laws, and we trust law enforcement to catch people for us. There is no need for we as a people to tolerate a bunch of bounty hunters.