• Boys and girls learn differently.

Research have found that kids achieve higher results in single sex classes than in co ed classes.

Boy's and girl's brains do function in different ways, so they learn very differently. Girls are more passive learners, they are usually good visual and auditory learners and do well with lots of class discussions and diagrams. Boys are more kinetic learners and they need to learn by doing. Single sex classes would mean we could cater for different learning styles.

Girls and boys are also engaged by different stimuli. If your cater the class to the girls interests you will lose the boys and if you cater to the boys interests you will lose the girls.

Boys are often intimidated by girls superior verbal abilities in classes like English. They score far better without girls around. The same goes for girls in classes like woodwork, PE and science.

The opposite sex can also be a major distraction for students. Keeping it out of the classroom can help get work done.

• I think they should be in different schools.

I think boys and girls should be in different schools because some girls and boys do not get along with each other. I think it is easier to talk to girls better than boys. Sometimes boys get on people's nerves. Boys think they are smarter than us, but truly they are not.

• I think boys and girls should be in different classes.

Some of the boys and girls' brain do function in different ways. Mixed-gender classes provide a distraction for some students that have trouble focusing to their work. Some boys and girls don't really get along because of their gender. I think they should be separated because some boys don't want to do the stuff that the girls might do, and some girls don't want to do the stuff that the boys might do.

• Girls and Boys should be in separate schools because they only distract each other.

Girls and boys gain confidence if they are apart because there is no judgement and everyone is equal. Boys do not have an advantage because they are only with boys, and girls are the same. This counts for sports, and also in school projects everything will be easier. Also, they learn better because they are not distracted and there is no relationship drama. Love life stays outside of school and so everyone stays more concentrated.

• Yes they should

Boys and girls brains have hard wired differences in childhood and adolescent years, so separate schooling would benefit them. However, they need to develop nessecary social skills, sp they could share electives or after school actives or sports. All the schools would have to do is set aside aside special classrooms for the gender separated classes.

• Yes they should

I think boys and girls should be taught sepretly because, it will help us concentrate and there won't be so many things on students minds. Like for example: dating(boyfriends and girlfriends), friend problems between girls and boys and you can't say that you won't know how to communicate with the opposite gender because yo can still talk to them at lunch or recess.

• Girls are mean to boys

Girls make fun of boys because they learn faster then boys. And many boys make wrong chooses by droping out of school. Girls go to college and have good life. And boys just try to make it in life. Research show that girls are always going to by smarter than boys. So my opinoin stays as having separated classes

• Yes they should

They can feel comfortable in their own skin and not worry about impressing the opposite gender. Instead of focusing on trying to get the attention of the opposite sex, they can focus on learning. I think that a separated classroom is a good idea. I support the splitting of the classroom!

• Education at school

Girls and boys do learn differently and they need to learn how ever is best. Also boys are very hyper. Girls can pay attention easier and sometimes boys are a distraction. I live with 2 boys it is easier to learn if the are showed and do it to learn.

• Girls and boys should be in different classes.

Girls will be more confident without boys to say that they are better. Girl s and boys will focus on their academics and be less distracted. If they are more confident it makes them better individuals for the future. Also, boys are usually very immature and laugh at serious things which reduces the productivity tim

• They won't know how to react

When they're out of college, and they have a job, it's not going to be separated by gender. They need to learn how to communicate with the opposite gender because other wise their work life could be a lot more difficult that it normally be if they had attended a co-Ed schol

Posted by: Mino
  • Boys ang girls are different

Boys and girls learn differently. Girls learn faster than boys. Also boys are immature they need to be separated from the girls until a certain age. I believe it would be better for girls and boys to be seperted because both sexes cn have conversations they may not want the girls or the boys to hear

• No there should not be separeted classes for boys and girls

They wont learn the much and if u think it the better idea then u will make it worse because girls will be always fighting and the boy will having fun.{the boys will get to go to the party or do party in the class but the girls wont be able to do that

• It is about enhancing one's personality by co-education

Co-education benefits students way more than keeping them in separate classes. It is true that students would probably get better results in single sex classes among people having similar learning styles. But the focus must be on the overall development of a student. In the real world one does not compete only with candidates of his own sex but with every one. Hence, they must be kept in the same class so that they are able to work on their skills to match up to the level of the other sex. In this way, they would simultaneously excel in all fields.
    Moreover, students are also better at socializing with and understanding the people irrespective of their gender.

• No, they should not be separated.

Boy and girls should not be in seperate classes. The only exception to this should be for parents who want their kid to attend an all-girls school, or an all-boys school. We have options so people can choose which path they would rather take. There is no reason why we should change regular schools.

• Boys and girls should be together.

They should because girls give a good influence on boys. Boys are usually wild but with girls they learn to behave themselves. Also When you grow up you marry with the other gender. We boys or girls need to now each others behaviors. Also if you only are together in college you have less chance to marry someone.

• Five words: it would help boys' manners!

Boys and girls have a long history together and if you take that away then what happens? Boys are already rude, (I'm a boy too trust me I know) and we separate boys from the girls, boys would have not respect anyone. I know because my step-dad is the biggest jerk when no one's around but if you put a lady next to him you'd think he was never rude.

• I Can't See It Happening

The separation of boys and girls in classes is truly illogical. I can support this by telling you that the whole point of school is to formally educate young minds to cooperate and form stable relationships within different groups, for the near future. And this is especially the case for opposite sexes. Without interaction from a very young age, the minds of these individuals will not be able to accept the versatility and skills each sex has to offer - features that have and always will substantiate development in our species.

• Not ever happening!

If you would separate boys and girls they might learn better but may never be able to use those talents because of the awkwardness of being around the opposite gender. And the fun would be taken out of school. Guys are what makes school interesting since you get to see things from a different point of view. Also the one argument that is against this says that guys don't do well with class discussions. Total lie. The boys in my school participate more with class discussions than girls. And in my woods class there are more girls than guys! Plus you can't avoid the opposite gender forever. They were made to be together. People can learn just as well if they choose to with the opposite sex around!

• No they should not

If they separate them the teachers want know how they are doing in separate classes. The other teacher will only know about the boy and here another teacher will only know about the girls. So what is the big deal of them being together if thier parents want to separete them then they should take them to the girls school or the boys to the boys school only.

The_Immortal_Emris says2014-06-09T17:01:56.337

Seems none of the bigots are willing to endorse their own bigotry.