• Death isn't severe enough

They should lock him in a prison, and find inmates with dead siblings who served or veterans, and just lock them there. Endangering those who have potentially given their lives to serve their country just sickens me. I work out hours every day just so I can better serve my country when I reach age of enlistment.

• He is a traitor

He is a traitor. It was not his duty to release that information. He was a soldier, his only duty was to follow the orders of the officers and NCOs above him. His actions compromised ongoing operations and put the lives of fellow soldiers and cooperating civilians at risk. He should hang from the neck until dead.

• He was given a responsibility

If Bradley felt he couldn't perform his military duty he should have tried to get out. For all we know he helped the enemy kill U.S. Troops. For that, he needs to be executed for his offense. People think that Bradley is the greatest person alive for giving over classified information which includes the enemies of the U.S. So lets say this is "OK" and agree with Bradley's followers who say no (he shouldn't be executed) because Bradley "want(s) to bring more transparency to the military." Would those people saying "no" think the same if they found that those documents helped kill their brother or sister?

• He took an oath and did not uphold it.

Bradley Manning took an oath to obey the orders of the president and of the officers appointed over him which he obviously did not uphold when he stole information behind their back. He had no way of knowing as a pfc that the information he leaked would not endanger our country and our people. He committed a grave act of treason and it shouldn't be handled lightly.

• Treason Against the United States

As a soldier of the US Army during wartime, Manning is in direct violation of his sworn oath. To avoid further people becoming martyrs and thinking that endangering innocent Americans and our allies is acceptable, he should be executed to send a message to all whistle blowers (AKA: Attention whores).

• He swore an oath

His duty was to serve the United States and as a soldier to take orders. He disobeyed and failed to show any respect for his country and landsmen of the United States of America. Other countries and armies are not treating traitors like we do -- they execute them asap. What is a man without honor and respect for the authority and his country?

• Bradley Manning should be executed.

Assuming that he is convicted on the charges of treason against the United States, Bradley Manning should indeed be executed for his crimes against America. His leaking of sensitive documents to outside agencies has resulted in turmoil across the Middle East. And for such actions, he should be punished harshly.

• No, he has not been charged of treason.

Bradley Manning should not be subjected to the death penalty because he has not been charged of treason. What he did do was attempt to get the military to be more open about their doings when the military was very secretive with American civilians. I think transparency would benefit the US government, including the military, and that Manning had good intentions.

• No, he shouldn't

I'm not in favor of capitol punishment in most cases, and that continues here. While I don't agree with his actions or the mess that they've created, what is killing him going to accomplish? Executions should be saved for the most unthinkable monsters this planet has ever seen and nothing else.

• Death isn't severe enough

• No, Because He Didn't Commit Treason

Bradley Manning did not commit treason; he tried to bring more transparency to the military in a time when it was cloaked in secrecy and doing terrible thing far away from the eyes of the American public. The president should commute whatever sentence he has, but not offer a full pardon.

Posted by: rpr