Should brick-and-mortar stores move completely to an e-commerce model before Internet shops put them out of business?

• Yes, they should.

Brick and mortar stores need to start moving towards e-commerce as their main function while shutting down less successful physical stores. This will allow the companies to remain successful even through the threat of impending technological advance. I think that most companies need to start leaning this way if they want to remain relevant.

• No brick-and-mortar stores should not move completely to the Internet.

The brick-and-mortar store is not dead! Without doubt more and more shoppers are purchasing a larger percentage of their household's needs and desires via e-commerce. But but this does not mark the end for the sticks & bricks retailer. To be competitive and survive the sticks & bricks retailer must have e-commerce integrated into their business model. The consumer needs to be able to purchase using either method in very simple steps.

• No, I don't see this happening.

No, I don't believe brick and mortar stores need to move completely to e-commerce, and I don't believe Internet shops will put them out of business. I think brick and mortar stores need to develop an online presence in addition to their brick and mortar shop. The key is in the type of merchandise offered and the price.

• We still need brick and mortar.

No, brick and mortar stores should not completely move to an e-commerce model, because there are always some stores that will do better if they have a retail location. An example of that would be a grocer. People always like to see the food they are buying. Another example would be a haircut.