• It's dangerous and senseless

Each year approximately 250.000 bulls die in bullfight. People pay money to watch a fight in which an animal which has never done any harm to them is getting hacked to death. It's senseless how fighters risk their lives for the show, when they can get hurt to death, or leave the fight injured seriously.

• Yes, bullfighting involves cruelty.

I cannot think of a more senseless sport than bullfighting. It pits a human being against a bull that could clearly kill the human being. It then disables the bull in various ways to make the bullfighter appear to "win". The bull involved is obviously going through confusion and pain, and its my opinion that anyone who enjoys that sport just enjoys showing off man's domination of animals. It's disgusting to me and accomplishes the reverse of what it is designed to do...it makes the humans look stupid.

• It Should Be Banned

Bullfighting is wrong and should banned. It is just as bad as cockfighting or dog fighting. It is wrong on many grounds and is cruelty to animals. It amazes me that bullfighting is actually shown on TV when it is such a bad thing. It is wrong and should be abolished immediately.

• We ban bull fighting

Did the bulls do any harm to the people? No. It is not fair that animals are getting tortured, even horses. Just because it is a tradition doesn't mean we can treat animals selfishly. If you stand in the bulls , horses position don't you feel bad for them? I would never want to be like that, I am pretty everyone feels the same. If we don't want to feel like that the animals sure don't want to as well, we should never treat animals like garbage, or a living creature we can play with selfishly.

• I don't give a crap about your traditions.

I really don't. Don't compare this to Football or rugby, because those sports don't involve killing animals for entertainment. It's great that you feed the corpses to the people, but it's the way you do it. You taunt an animal and kill it in front of hundreds of people for their entertainment. Ever seen a picture called the Kiss of Judas? There was a bullfighting match, and just as the bull was about to be murdered, it ran to its breeder and kissed him. Yes, that's right. You see, animals aren't like humans. They'll love those who raise them, and those who raise the bulls for this inhumane sport raise them solely for that purpose. Death to all spaniards!

• Apply your arguments to other practices

Most arguments here that don't want to ban this are about tradition or the existence of worst practices.
    What about the old middle eastern "tradition" of stoning people to death? Would you apply the same logic to it? (i hope not...)
    if you think that the meet industry is also bad, your conclusion should be that the meet industry should make some changes and not that bullfighting should be allowed.
    If you say the meet donations are important, you should consider the possibility of killing bulls for meet in a quick manner, instead of making them bleed for hours for the "enjoyment" of an audience.
    If you say the meet is not useful and therefore they would go extinct because they are only being created for that purpose, do you really think it is correct to breed animals just so people can "enjoy" watching them being tortured to death?

• Ban it now.

It is a cruel and gutless sport. If these bulls existed I would rather they be slaughtered instantly for meat not tortured for hours on end in such a degrading fashion. The matadors etc are simply morons with nothing better to do or too stupid to do anything else. I hope the practice stops and all other forms of animal cruelty.

• It's a fucking terrible and awful and inhumane "sport."

I fucking HATE bullfighting. I came across a YouTube video where bulls were getting the upper hand and goring people, and I cheered the bulls on the entire time. Those disgusting excuses for people deserve to be killed, it serves them right! What moronic demon thinks it's EVER okay to rope an animal up and provoke it into anger? And then, kill it? I wanted to badly for the bulls to kill the "bullfighters," who are nothing more than retarded, soulless cowards who feign bravery for the ladies.
    Basically- bullfighters and those who support it can go FUCK THEMSELVES. Bulls are living, breathing creatures. They DO NOT DESERVE SUCH TREATMENT. Bullfighting needs to be banned in every part of the world, along with dog fighting and all other forms of animal abuse.

• Cruel to allow it

Even though bulls are pampered before the bullfighting event, what surprise it would be when they are stabbed in the neck by the picadors and imagine how strong the pain will be. If you were the bull imagine the anger and surprise as the people stabbed you on the neck. Even though it is a tradition, not all traditions are kept. WE NEED TO CHANGE

• It is inhumane.

Imagine this: you are forced against your will, removed from your natural habitat, made to participate in a game where everyone watches you either get killed or kill. Bullfighting is the bull's hunger game. And we as spectators are belittling their lives, mocking their death. We get excited by their death, by their torture and we relish in their gory death. We are sick beings who desire to see death. And we are sick for so many centuries, that insatiable quench for violence, for blood, for discord, for death. We school ourselves to justify this irrational tendency for blood, thinking that bulls are nothing more that toys we could shred and manipulate. We school ourselves to think that tradition and human civilisation, more than life itself, is more important. We think we are so superior that we can bend nature and other beings to our will. We are sick.

• Bullfighting is a Spain tradition.

Spain has been Bullfighting for years. If they banned Bullfighting many people would lose their jobs. Also the meat from the bull is cut up right after and usually donated to the homeless shelters. Last of all Bullfighting has been around for a really long time and hasn't caused any problems until now.

• No it should not.

I do not understand bullfighting very much, but I was under the impression that it was just a guy who acts almost like a rodeo clown. He lets the bull charge him and he moves out of the way. If I am wrong though and bullfighting actually causes harm to the bull, than yes it should be banned.

• Important part of Spain

I really don't have an argument other than the fact that the banning of such an important part of Spanish culture would result similarly to the prohibition. It's one of those things that we shouldn't stop doing after hundreds of years just because some people don't like it. That is all.

• It's A Very Old Tradition.

It is a very old and important tradition in the spanish culture, not to mention it is there chose to do that if they get hurt its no one else's fault. The way that bulls die in bullfighting is a lot less brutal then how animals die in factories that make them in to food. SO SHUT UP AND DEAL WITH THEIR TRADITION ITS NON OF YOUR BUSINESS TO GET RID OF IT ANYWAY.

• No worse than the beef industry

Bullfight bulls have to be 5 years old. For the first five years of their life, they are pampered. Compared that to the beef industry, where bulls much younger than that are killed after living in a very cramped pen filled with feces. In addition, the bull has a chance to win.

• No, its a tradition as old as time

As long as the bulls are being treated right before they work, there is no question that this should continue. The tradition of Bull Fighting is as old as time, and part of so many cultures that it would be disrespect to take it out. I do think there can be some safe guards in play to prevent mistreatment.

• No it should not be banned

I think its a tradition as well. I personally think that the bull are not being injured they are bred by years and years of mean bulls and heifers and that is why they are mean. They do not do anything to the bulls now other then put a flank around its waist and it makes them buck but they would buck and be just as mean with or without it

• It is a tradition

What if we banned rugby or American football. Also there is Portuguese bull fighting in which the aim is only to put a ring on the bulls ear. The is not even killed afterwards. Finally the bulls to not die in vain as they are eaten afterwards by the local village that gather around this spectacle

• Cruel To Ban It

These bulls are a particular breed that have no other commercial use. They live on large corrals as wild bulls, in a perfect natural existance. If we ban bullfighting this breed dies out. Therefore, because the manner of the bulls death is cruel, we condem them to no life at all. How do you think they will be allowed to have any life, in a zoo? To me, not allowing an animal to have a life, because it's death offends you, is the cruellest thing of all.

• We ban bull fighting

I think we shall ban bull fighting for good! Why you say well lots of bulls die in pain or drop down in death. Another reason is people just want to make the women think that they are one of the best? People are dumb if they think that they can kill other bulls for fun. Bull fighting shall be ban forever what about you?