Should bullies be charged with murder if their victims commit suicide?

• Yes yes yes

Bullies are responsible for their own words and/or actions. If someone kills themselves because of their mean words, well so be it. Bullies should be charged for the wrong that they have done just as Murderers should be charged for anyone they kill. I wish we didn't need to use fifty words...

• A resounding yes

In many cases, the victim doesn't even consider suicide prior to the bullying. As the bully caused the victim to take sper own life through the bully's actions, there is no way that such instances can be considered as anything other than murder on the part of the bully. Therefore, bullies should be charged with murder if their victims commit suicide.

• Bullies Can Be Harsh and Ignorant

I believe that bullies can be extremely harsh and inconsiderate and ignorant of other people's lives and problems. Bullies can dictate whether you have suicidal thoughts or just thoughts of self harm at the end of the day, and whether or not you truly want to act on those thoughts or not may also be dictated by them. Bullies, depending on how harsh or how much they harassed their victim, should in fact be charged with murder.

• Punish the cause

Regardless of whether or not they meant for the person to kill themselves it happens. If I accidentally kill someone with my car I should be held responsible even though it was unintentional. That bad part is that bullies know that people commit suicide sometimes and don't stop, that seems equal, if not worse to vehicular manslaughter

• Well, yes, responsibility should be implemented

Yes, actions of an idiot should still be considered an action bound by law. We can toss the blame around, it's the parents, it's the media, it's the society, it's the world we live in, it's the situation at home. The whole point of law is to remove human scum from the society, because they are not fitting to live among us (well in America it's the profit from prisons), bullies are directly responsible for the suicide of that person. Bullies also doesn't have to be a children, in life there are racists, bigots, religious freaks that bully others, child beaters, wife beaters, psychological bullies as well. SO YES, they are to be responsible

• Bullies will hope you vote "No"

This is ultimately what bullying is: trying to kill someone without "killing" them; causing death and injury while feeling that they can't be blamed because their hands are clean. To all the idiots voting "No", if I tortured you, then tortured your kids/spouse (in order to "get to you"), made your life unbearable on a daily basis, drove you to kill yourself (if you think you're strong enough to resist it, you've probably never been TRULY bullied) ...

... AND THEN, at the end of all that, I justified it and got away with it because, after all, I didn't do it, you did to yourself, what would you think? Bullies who drive someone to suicide are nothing more than cowardly murderers who want a clean conscience.

• Bullyinh should be stopped

I was a bullying victim i hated it i nearly took my own life and others dont deserve too so they are terrible people i can say that from experience so you should stop bullying anyway and if the victim does take there like it is said as murder my friends left me so i only have 1 left

• Yes yes yes

Yes. They should. If someone knowingly harasses or torments another individual then they should be held accountable for that persons death. Even if they didn't give the victim that push over the edge they might as well have taken them up to the top of the cliff and told them to jump. Too many bullies get off with just a slap on the wrist. And the majority of some still mock the person even after their death. Bullies should be held liable for their victims suicide because I'm sure if that individual wasn't being bullied they wouldn't have taken their life. Too many people brush it off as something small. Everyone would aslo probably try to argue Freedom Of Speech but honestly that right has gone out the window if your infringe on someone elses. If you verbally and/or physically harass another you have got to be aware that it hurts them. People who bully choose there victims. It just doesn't happen at random therefore they had every intention of inflicting some sort of pain on that person and drove them to suicide which is almost as bad as murder. Just because they didn't physically kill anyone they should still be held accountable and charged with some sort of crime. Regardless of age, bullying is bullying and it should be stopped

• They should be charged.

Bullies should be charged for murder only if it was them bullying and no one else and that can be proven. The bully should not have a clean slate when an innocent human being felt the need to take their life away because of someone else making them feel so terrible. This is a terribly hard topic to defend in many ways, but as my mother always said, "treat people the way you would want to be treated." And with that being said, i believe the bully should have to take the consequences he or she may deserve.

• It's not right

They should be charged with a minimum of a minor charge just because it's their fault that the victim commited suicide it's not right. If they bully was in the victim's situation hey would kill theirself too. Some type of justice should be served for the harsh criime of bullying.

• In my opinion, this is a dumb question

Unless the bully got their hands on a mind-control device, each individual is still responsible for their own actions. If I commit suicide because my wife left me, should she get charged for murder? If I kill myself because I lost my job, can my wife sue my ex-employer? What happened to personal responsibility? People who vote yes should think long and hard about the choices they have made in their own life rather than blame something/somebody else.

• What is the very definition of suicide?

Although i sympathize with people who commit suicide, I am firm in believing they made their choice. They chose to kill themselves, no one else could make that decision for them. It may be an extremely difficult choice to make but it's a choice nonetheless. It is not murder. Everyone who has ever fought for their life at the hands of someone else would be extremely insulted by calling suicide murder. In America we have freedom of speech. Bullies have the right to say whatever they want to you. You have the right to do the same. I know parents of suicide victims push for this but I am sorry to tell them that the only person responsible for their child's death is their child. Their may be other factors that contribute to it but the child killed themselves. It's like saying rape victims are partially responsible for dressing slutty. Nope. It is the fault of the person who did the violent action. Just like it's the fault of the person who took their own life.

• It is not murder!

Murder is when someone sets out to kill somebody and is successful! Bullying is to cause someone emotional torment. If the victim chooses to end their life, it's the victims decision. Bullying should be treated as harassment, assault ans other legal phases. Saying suicidal bullying is murder is a poor definition.

& please don't confuse blackmail and bullying. For example, if they don't kill themselves, information or another person will be harmed.

• Charging bullies with murder overloads them with guilt and they can't do anything to change themselves, There still should be a penalty, Serving.

When a child commits suicide it hurts those people around them, sometimes this hits the bullies that drove them to it home, sometimes not. If you charge the ones that are already remorseful about the death of the victim with murder, you take away most of their life, they don't have a chance to change.
    Still I think that the bullies should pay for it, but not by serving time, but by serving others.

• It is not murder

Murder is when you deliberately set about to kill someone and successfully kill them. Bullies certainly don't do that. At the absolute worst they could be charged with man slaughter. But even then their actions did not cause the person to kill the,elves. They chose to kill the,selves by their own hand.

• No, they should be charged for the offence they have committed.

They should be charged with harassment charges and also anything else to follow that. However they should not be charged with murder as they did not PHYSICALLY INTEND to kill their victim. And their action may have led to emotional damage to the victim which led them to suicide however that cannot be blamed on the bully.

• No its not murder

If the law changes and bullies get charged with murder, the victim might purposely kill themselves just to get the bully in jail. The victim might be deemed as a bully as well because he is making the bully go to jail even though the bullying might not be that serious or even existent. Someone could just use that law just out of pure hate to another person

• No the person still took their own life; Plus how would anyone say anything?

The person still took their own life. Charge the bully with harrassment and assault and battery if appropriate. The problem with calling this murder is what counts as bullying? It has to be defined in a way that can be discerned without any guesswork involved or else you are entrapping people into committing the offense. If you base it on the victim then oversensitive people will commit suicide over deserved social criticism and people will go to jail for 'murdering' them.

• No its not murder

• Aint his fault

He didnt kill the victim. There may also be other reasons why the victim killed themself, like abusive parents, etc. the bully didnt pull the trigger or tie the noose. Maybe the kid overreacts too. There are so many reasons why the kid were killing them selves. Maybe over nothing

MasturDbtor says2014-06-15T18:01:49.727
This would encourage people who feel even slightly depressed by bullying to view themselves as helpless zombies programmed by the bullies to commit suicide rather than as free agents who can choose not to kill themselves. The message, of helplessness and lack of responsibility for committing suicide on the part of the suicide, that is sent out by charging bullies with murder could itself increase suicides.