• Bullies should receive harsher punishment

Bullies should be criminally punished , there is no reason why they should get away with this. It is about time that our government should pass serious laws to hold this kind of behavior as a crime and punishable. And if the school system is aware of such bullying and do not do anything about this, then the school officials should be fired and fined. Teachers are not only responsible in educating our kids but they are also responsible that these kids are in a safe environment when attending school. I even dare to say that even the parents of the bullies should be held accountable for their kids behavior when it comes to bullying. It totally frustrates me that bullying still occurs in school and in the cybernet. This has to come to an end now!!!!!!

• YES they need harsher punishments just letting it slide after a detention does nothing

If someone is pushing a kid in the halls or calling them names you should not give the punishment of a detention you should give them way harsher punishments b/c right after the detention or "sorry note" they aren't just going to give up so these kids need to quit bullying and just get along.

• Make Harsher Punishments

Bullies now a day get away with what they do to others. The bullies should be criminally charged or their parents should. Most students commit suicide to escape the harassment from others. People should speak up when they see bullying. I've experienced bullying myself and i hated every second about it. We need to stop the bullying.

• Yes bullying should have harsher punishments

Some children/ teens harm themselves or take their own lives everyday due to bullying. If someone takes their life due to your actions that technically homicide and that needs to be criminally punished. No one should get away with making someone cry or feel bad about themselves or hate them selves because thats just wrong !!!

• Yes there should be a harsher punishment for bullying

A harsher punishment for bullying is needed because many kids are getting bullied for being smart and many kids want to be scientist, layers, and many other things to. Due to the fact of being bullied lot of kids are being pure pressured onto doing things they don't want to do. Also many kids are being bullied and don't have many friends and they are getting bullied to the point were there ready to kill themselves. We all know making the punishment for bulling will not stop it bullying, but it will dramatic change the number of kids being bullied .
    By jurnee williams

• They should get a bigger punishment because

There are bullies getting away with it, and finding it ok to just let it be, and are able to find a way around it. If we put up more punishments, there would be WAAAYYYYY less bullying, and deaths, and suicides from being bullied. Lets have more living people :D

• I Agree Yes

I think their should be a bigger punishment for bullying because 1 the bully knows that he or she is bullying the other kid. They Don't stop. They know that they are being mean to other kids and should be punished for what they know was wrong but did anyway

• Yes they should

Bullies have been the worst part of students' school years. It might start out as taking lunch money, but it could quickly become pushing, punching, and kicking. Bullies are only told "dont do it again" when they should be told "don;t come back to school until you have learned your lesson." School bullies are not only at school, but also online, and public. Bullies should be eliminated, not just told to stop.

• Yes there should be harsher punishment for bullies.

Since They hurt that kid more than they got hurt them selves and they should get punished more for that reason. Also if the bully knew what the punishment was they would not bully people. What if some kid bully's another kid and all they get is a three day suspension then the kid would just keep doing it. Also if a bully knew they were gonna get a expelled or suspended for bulling then they would not do it.

• NO NO NO to harsher consequences

Bullies may hurt and talk rudely to people but 99% of people do that just to get attention or maybe have a crush on that person 50% of the bully's have problems at home and take it out on people at school so i don't think they should be harsher consequences

• The Real Problem is Child Abuse

These are children. They have a lot of learning to do, and most bullies become bullies because of what they experience at home. Bullies should receive mandatory counseling and should be encouraged to be completely honest about any problems at home. If parents threaten them for telling on abuse they should be told they will be offered police protection. The problem underneath bullying is child abuse, or at times attempts to conform to other students they see bullying.
    Bullies still need to be held responsible for their actions, so detention, Saturday school, and ultimately criminal responsibility if the bullying involves something that falls under criminal law like assault and battery and if the victim presses charges (activity at school is not above the law) are needed.

Bullying is one of many reasons why ultimately we should do away with in-person public schools and replace them with online schools.

• Bullying is Not Necessarily Bad.

I would first like to start out by saying any physical attack or physical threat should not be tolerated, as I believe that the act of hurting an individual, forcing an individual to do something, or threatening an individual is not bullying, it is worse than bullying. So, now you may wonder, what do you believe is bullying? I say to you this, bullying is the excessive insulting, teasing, disrespecting, ignoring, excluding, and spreading rumors without a great reason. A great reason would be, retaliation for something similarly done to them, the other person instigating it, as in they irritate or annoy excessively, and in the case of ignoring if they are of a feuding family or oppose one of your morals. Now that I have defined what I feel what bullying really is I would like to talk about what benefits a person may have from being bullied and the punishments the bully already has. A person who has been bullied typically builds stronger friendships as they rely on their friends to help them and later take that with them through their life. A person who has been bullied builds a better sense of self, as they are bullied they defy the bully by developing a strong sense of self worth and self respect. People who are bullied have better character, as they an empathize with those in pain. People who have been bullied have a higher ambition, they strive to be better to show the bully it doesn't matter what they think, because they are better. Moving on to punishments in place for bullies already. First of all, bullying is generally looked down upon by society today already, this is an informal punishment, but it is very thorough. Next most bullies will be punished by having forms of detention, suspension, and other punishments school systems have for delinquents.

• Detention Is Enough

Bullies already get punished enough. In fact, when they bully people, they are only discarding their own insecurities onto the people they are bullying. I feel detention, Saturday school, and all the other methods of punishment the bullies already incur when they perform such acts is more than enough to me.

• This is homework...

There should be harsher punishments for bullying because, bullying is a crime, kids that bully are expected to be become a criminal by the age of 24, and children have to learn that bullying is not the way to gain attention. Bullying or harassment will get attention, but not the good kind.

• K y s

F F F F F FF F F F FF F F FF NFFN FNFNF N FN FN FN NF NFNF NF NFN FNFN FNF N NF NF NF NFNFNF N NF NFN F NFNFNFN FN NF NF NFN FN NFNF NF N FN xd XD X XX X X X

• Bully's have a hard home life too

Bully's usallly get there bullying from there parents bullying is wrong don't get me wrong because my autistic sister is bulllyed and it's hard for her but what she doesn't understand is that bully's have a hard home life too and most of them get bullied too stop bullying but they don't deserved to be abused 😿

• I guess they should but,......

Bullies should get punishments depending on what they did, and how long, and how much harm is caused by his/her acts to the child he or she bullied so. I guess its yes and a no kinda thing like someone mentioned above in the no section its cuz sometimes there is kinda a bad environment at home the take it out at others ,or just to get attention

• I guess they should but,......

• I guess they should but,......