• Bullies should receive harsher punishment

Bullies should be criminally punished , there is no reason why they should get away with this. It is about time that our government should pass serious laws to hold this kind of behavior as a crime and punishable. And if the school system is aware of such bullying and do not do anything about this, then the school officials should be fired and fined. Teachers are not only responsible in educating our kids but they are also responsible that these kids are in a safe environment when attending school. I even dare to say that even the parents of the bullies should be held accountable for their kids behavior when it comes to bullying. It totally frustrates me that bullying still occurs in school and in the cybernet. This has to come to an end now!!!!!!

• YES they need harsher punishments just letting it slide after a detention does nothing

If someone is pushing a kid in the halls or calling them names you should not give the punishment of a detention you should give them way harsher punishments b/c right after the detention or "sorry note" they aren't just going to give up so these kids need to quit bullying and just get along.

• I Agree Yes

I think their should be a bigger punishment for bullying because 1 the bully knows that he or she is bullying the other kid. They Don't stop. They know that they are being mean to other kids and should be punished for what they know was wrong but did anyway

• I was bullied as a child and I had no voice.

When I was in school, I had a disorder that caused me to require surgeries. There were kids in my school that picked on me, beat me up, made fun of me, and called me names. I would tell the teachers what was happening to me, they would say they didn't see it and there was really nothing they could do. I was scared to go to school everyday. I was especially scared of recess which is where a majority of the bullying took place. The bullies would trip me on our cement playground and I would skin my knees, I would go home all bloody and bruised. No child should ever have to go through the torment that I did. If a child is caught bullying, he/she should be punished to the fullest extent possible.

• Bullies should have harsher punishment!

Yes, kids will be kids and sometimes argue, flame, and roast, and that's normal. Which something like detention or suspension, and possibly explosion, will take care of. Then theirs those with problems, or they and their parents don't care. Do you think suspension will take care of a kid who bullies, and misbehaves in class. Of course not they see it as another day off and are not even told by there parents, to FIX IT. We need to do something.

• Yes, but there should be counseling for bullies

Victims do not deserve the torment they get, regardless of who they may be. But, many bullies suffer from mental illnesses/disorders and personal home life issues (abuse). Bullies should be punished with detention, in-school suspension, and mandatory counseling (which could actually help, depending on how good the counselor/social worker is).

• Bullying hurts so the bullies should be punished so that way they will learn that it is wrong and they need to stop

Yes yes yes and yes yes yes they should be punished bc they need to learn that it hurts people and it is very very very wrong so they need harsher punishments so that way they will eventually learn their lesson and then hopefully stop hurting people so yes they need harsher punishments

• It just makes sense.

Some other schools give severe punishments to students who do simple things such as having a pencil in their hand while transiting through classes (mossbourne victoria park academy) or having their hair 3mm too short (west london free school). Meanwhile the average punishment for a bully is to just talk to the principal, and when comparing such a severe offense such as bullying to a flimsy offense such as holding a pencil, it is very surprising to find out which one actually faces the worse punishment.

• I think they should have a harsher punishment because school detentions

School detentions don't do much for bullies because they only do it for the attention they will get out of being a bully. They think its cool because everyone might laugh at them and cheer them on like its a good thing but it's not funny because your hurting another kid if that kid was you i bet you won't like it

• Yes they should

They should cause they don't do enything to them they just yell and let them go without a punishment that's stupid like what the heck I'm getting bullied and there doing nothing about it he keeps saying thing in the middle of my conversation and interrupts me and says thing that are mean and not true about me,my friends and my sibling evry person thing he nice when he a devil.

• NO NO NO to harsher consequences

Bullies may hurt and talk rudely to people but 99% of people do that just to get attention or maybe have a crush on that person 50% of the bully's have problems at home and take it out on people at school so i don't think they should be harsher consequences

• Bullying is Not Necessarily Bad.

I would first like to start out by saying any physical attack or physical threat should not be tolerated, as I believe that the act of hurting an individual, forcing an individual to do something, or threatening an individual is not bullying, it is worse than bullying. So, now you may wonder, what do you believe is bullying? I say to you this, bullying is the excessive insulting, teasing, disrespecting, ignoring, excluding, and spreading rumors without a great reason. A great reason would be, retaliation for something similarly done to them, the other person instigating it, as in they irritate or annoy excessively, and in the case of ignoring if they are of a feuding family or oppose one of your morals. Now that I have defined what I feel what bullying really is I would like to talk about what benefits a person may have from being bullied and the punishments the bully already has. A person who has been bullied typically builds stronger friendships as they rely on their friends to help them and later take that with them through their life. A person who has been bullied builds a better sense of self, as they are bullied they defy the bully by developing a strong sense of self worth and self respect. People who are bullied have better character, as they an empathize with those in pain. People who have been bullied have a higher ambition, they strive to be better to show the bully it doesn't matter what they think, because they are better. Moving on to punishments in place for bullies already. First of all, bullying is generally looked down upon by society today already, this is an informal punishment, but it is very thorough. Next most bullies will be punished by having forms of detention, suspension, and other punishments school systems have for delinquents.

• The Real Problem is Child Abuse

These are children. They have a lot of learning to do, and most bullies become bullies because of what they experience at home. Bullies should receive mandatory counseling and should be encouraged to be completely honest about any problems at home. If parents threaten them for telling on abuse they should be told they will be offered police protection. The problem underneath bullying is child abuse, or at times attempts to conform to other students they see bullying.
    Bullies still need to be held responsible for their actions, so detention, Saturday school, and ultimately criminal responsibility if the bullying involves something that falls under criminal law like assault and battery and if the victim presses charges (activity at school is not above the law) are needed.

Bullying is one of many reasons why ultimately we should do away with in-person public schools and replace them with online schools.

• Detention Is Enough

Bullies already get punished enough. In fact, when they bully people, they are only discarding their own insecurities onto the people they are bullying. I feel detention, Saturday school, and all the other methods of punishment the bullies already incur when they perform such acts is more than enough to me.

• This is homework...

There should be harsher punishments for bullying because, bullying is a crime, kids that bully are expected to be become a criminal by the age of 24, and children have to learn that bullying is not the way to gain attention. Bullying or harassment will get attention, but not the good kind.

• Bully's have a hard home life too

Bully's usallly get there bullying from there parents bullying is wrong don't get me wrong because my autistic sister is bulllyed and it's hard for her but what she doesn't understand is that bully's have a hard home life too and most of them get bullied too stop bullying but they don't deserved to be abused 😿

• I guess they should but,......

Bullies should get punishments depending on what they did, and how long, and how much harm is caused by his/her acts to the child he or she bullied so. I guess its yes and a no kinda thing like someone mentioned above in the no section its cuz sometimes there is kinda a bad environment at home the take it out at others ,or just to get attention

• I guess they should but,......

• I guess they should but,......

• Cozy they will start to to kill students iff fffff they don't get punish more

I need 50. More words ok calexalexalexalexalexalexalexalexalexalexalexalexalexalexalexalexalexalexalexalexalexalexalexalexalexalexalexalexalexalex alex alex alex Vvvvwrg Rv being v4 g Libs loin. Li2 Piet v I or idiot welgjn bk l i2ejv will rl in Jr. Iv we love Rv. 2jrk vrlwikv rlijv r2wl Vick Iv;rock w; womb Li Rak jerk I w look jwli jar