Should bullshiting about politics be a criminal offense? Should a person's Bull shit political opinion be edited by a police or fbi algorithm?

Asked by: ilovejews7
  • Should bullshiting about politics be a criminal offense? Should a person's Bull shit political opinion be edited by a police or fbi algorithm?

Should bullshiting about politics be a criminal offense? Should a person's Bull shit political opinion be edited by a police or fbi algorithm? Should bullshiting about politics be a criminal offense? Should a person's Bull shit political opinion be edited by a police or fbi algorithm? Should bullshiting about politics be a criminal offense? Should a person's Bull shit political opinion be edited by a police or fbi algorithm? Should bullshiting about politics be a criminal offense? Should a person's Bull shit political opinion be edited by a police or fbi algorithm?

• Freedom of speech

Unless you are in a country, where freedom of free speech does not exist. This should not be a criminal offense, as they are just stating their opinion, therefore, they are just exercising their right. So there should be no punishment. However, if it is harassment or hate speech, or a crime in that country(eg saying the Holocaust is fake) so then it could be a crime(If you are in Europe, the US has no laws against hate speech).

• Welcome to hell

Yeah, no. Freedom of speech is an essential part of any society and breaking that is terrible. Even if people are lying or acting poorly it is a moral obligation to protect their right to do so. I may not like what you have to say, but you should be able to say it.

• Hecks no! Just pointless!

That would be a direct violation of freedom of speech and press (if it happens in the USA due to the laws). Yes, I do support those laws, but in nations where they have no freedom of speech or press, it doesn't make it any better in those ones to do this kind of stuff, but would seem more obvious that these things would occur in those nations mentioned.

• Enjoy your newspeak...

Orwell, much?

The best cure for political bullshit is heat and light.

Now, accountability in the system for people spinning bullshit in political campaigns, lying to get elected, and then failing to produce what they said they were going to? That would be a better thing to look at.

People who bullshit about politics seldom believe they are bullshitting. So to open them up to 'editing' as OP put it, is to open the door for that to happen with anyone. I know the current zeitgeist on the left seems to be to squash any opinion they disagree with, but that only works for the people in positions of power, not to find out what the real answers and solutions are.

• No, of course not.

I agree with two comments above, and I have very little to contribute to the conversation. However, since it may be necessary to elaborate upon my stance on this issue. I believe in free speech, and I think that everyone is entitled to an opinion. I do not approve of hate speech, but I also know that it comes out of a place of ignorance more than anything, and it is necessary for these people to feel comfortable sharing their views so that they can be corrected, and thus we can all progress.

• What? You kidding?

This isn't the 16th century. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. If you disagree then that's why we have sites like this to be able to debate these topics freely rather than sit in silence and follow everyone like sheep. I just need ten more words so here they are