• Yes! Bullying should be illegal!

Every year, more than a million students are victims of bullying. Some people just have no idea how serious it is. Many bully victims report having their grades plummet, and a lot of other bad things, including suffering from depression, anxiety, and fear. Oh, and speaking of fear, over a hundred thousand victims of bullying skip school because of their fear of getting bullied. 1 out of 10 students even drop out of school because of bullying!

Like I said before, kids have suffered from depression and anxiety because of bullying. Their self-esteem are likely going to plummet, and they're going to think that they deserve getting bullied. But they don't! Like they say, when you're being bullied, it's not your fault!

Even worse, depression can lead to suicidal thoughts. According to the CDC, suicide is the third leading cause of death. According to studies by Yale University, victims of bullying are 2 to 9 more likely to consider suicide than people who are not bullied. A study in the United Kingdom found that at least a half of suicides among young people have been attributed to bullying. It is estimated that every three weeks a kid commits bullycide, or in other words, suicide from bullying.

By the way, has anyone heard of Tyler Clementi, Megan Meier, Ryan Halligan, Phoebe Prince, Jared High, Rebecca Sedwick, Amanda Todd, Jamey Rodemeyer, Jadin Bell, Jessica Logan, Tyler Long, or Ty Smalley? If you haven't, read their biographies, and look at how serious bullying can be.

• No one likes to be bullied

Everybody, would literally hate to be bullied. It should be considered a crime, since how hurt, another person's emotions will feel after they get bullied. Say you were a piece of paper, nice and fresh to start school, but when you get home, you're all crumpled, all just because of bullying!

• I think it should

Bullying is a crime it make people kill themselves and I myself has been bullied before it makes me feel horrible and it makes people feel threatened and just really horrible because there are different forms of bullying some can cause death and tragedies to family and friend of victims

• It should be outlawed

Bullying is a horrible thing that i have seen at my school along with the numerous school shootings that occur on tv. I will idmit, i am a victim of bullying as well. With new laws this will encourage fair treatment to all schools , william 6th grade at bluffton middle school

• It should be outlawed

• This is y

Should bullying be punishable by law? Everyone has their opinion on this topic. It's either part of growing up and it's fine “just get used to it”. Or bullying is taken seriously but not getting care of in the school system. Bullying should be punishable by law. It should be because if someone is abusing, hitting, kicking, and bringing someone down with words to a unsafe mental state. Until that person thinks they should not be on this earth anymore. The person who is doing that crime should be punished.To fix this problem that is happening around the world,faculty from the school district should talk about bullying to the parents and students. The faculty should explain what to do if you see bullying happen, and explain what true bullying is. Another thing that could solve or lower down the percentage of bullying is to reward positive behavior and punish the bad. To prevent anything worst like suicide because of bullying the parent could try to talk to their child and the staff of the school to figure out how to stop other children's behavior.

Rewarding positive behavior may solve the bullying situation. Other students would see another getting a treat for their actions. So maybe if the aggressor sees what he could get for being good. He/she may change their actions to receive that reward. But the bully may just be in an act and after they get their treat for being good they may go back to hurting that student again. It will not have to cost a lot it would be from $1-$5 depending on what the school wants to give the student. Also laws would not be violated if the districts did this to improve their behavior. Most of the students would benefit from putting this into action. No one would be hurt if we reward positive behavior. Helen A. Fort Middle School does treat the good students by giving them “buzz bucks”. Staff from the school give the students tickets that look like money. On the ticket has either 1, 5, 10, or 20 on it and each number has a different color. The student would try to collect as many as they can when they want to turn the tickets in they could get candy sports balls and more.

Faculty from all the school districts around the world could talk to the students and the parents about what bullying is may also help the situation. The parents and children will understand what bullying actually is and how to deal with it with different situations. Schools should have a plan on what to do, to discipline the bullies. For example give them a warning, and tell the student what their consequences are next if they continue. Second time, detention for two days. Third time, in school suspension. Fourth time, out of school suspension and so on hopefully by the third time the bully would stop and try to do better.

• It should be illegle

Bullying is cruel and wrong. It leaves lifetime trauma and sometimes leads to suicide. This is an issue that needs to be acted upon. It shouldn't be ignored. This problem ruins people's lives and leaves. Bullying can get out of hand and can escalate quickly. If you are a bully go screw yourself

• Bullying should be a crime!

Physical bullying is technically assualt. Bullying also causes: depression, anxiety, low grades or workethic. Additionally bullying causes suicide. Bullying that results in suicide should beclassed as assisted suicide. Finally bullys rarely get in trouble by school or anyone else. The victim feels bad and suicidal while the bully feels powerful, strong, and brave because they know they probably won't get prosecuted.

• Yes its a crime

Bullying is bad because sometimes people kill they self and hurt the self and hurting others and that isn't good for life for that to be going on and bullying need to be sent away because of that its not good and they need to feel how other people they bullying feel.

• Bully IS a Crime

Bullying not only leads to depression, anxiety, fear, crying, and more, it also can lead to suicide. “Suicide is the third leading cause of death according to the Center for Disease Control. It results in about 4,400 deaths per year. Bullied victims are 7 to 9% more likely to consider suicide according to a study by Yale University. Studies in Britain have found half of the suicides among youth related to bullying"

• Bullying should not be a crime, it all depends on the circumstances.

Bullying shall not be considered a crime. I believe that bullying should be treated as a minor offense/misdemeanor. People who commit suicide because of bullying are very stupid and idiotic. People shouldn't be locked up for saying offensive or mean words. But if the bully gets to physical then charges should be pressed. It is total bullshit that kids are in jail for just saying mean words. I also believe that the consequences for bullying (especially kids) should result into School suspension instead of reporting it to the Authorities.

• It shouldn't be considered a crime, it depends on the circumstances

Bullying should only be a crime if the supposed victim commits suicide. People shouldn't be going to prison for just saying mean things to another. I think that that it's bullshit that kids are being locked up just for saying mean words. Even if the bully gets physical with their victim, charges should not be pressed on the bully. I believe that the consequences for bullying (especially for kids), should result into School suspension instead of reporting it to the Authorities.

• It isnt that big of a deal

Bullying is a thing in life. No way around it. It's not the bully's fault if somebody didn't get the attention they wanted by playing victim and acting like the world is out to get them so they jumped of a bridge, just to get MORE attention. This is ludicrous and all this is just nonsense.

• Why it should and should´nt

I think that its kinda in the middle because bullying can happen to everyone but some bully´s can hurt u like hit u and some just use words. It should be a crime act when they actually hurt u to death but it should´nt be a crime act when they didnt physically hurt u

• No no nah

Andrew debose aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaajjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjj j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j jj j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j

• Hi my name

Hi bjhb jhsghfyhwebscfhnuwenhavguyehujenhfvguiervbn fnjhuinjhrij fuhuifhe b b b b b g b bh h ghnh hnhhh h h h h h h j j j j j j jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj u u u uuuuuuuu u u u8 uj j j I j j ji ji j j j j o j

• Bullying is NOT a crime

In the first place,how do we actually define the word "bully"? So are all cases of simple teasing called bullying too? Dont tell me that i would get jailed for calling someone in my school a name! I just find that this doesnt make sense at all, because there is no basis on what you mean by the term bully in the first place!!

• Bullying is NOT a crime

• No no no no no no no!

You would go to jail or pay a fine just for calling someone a name? No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• Whdxsdcbdx cbchc h

Fhhdfhjdhfjdf fhkfffh fhfhfhfhjf fufjfjfjf ffjfjfjf fffjfjfjfjf ffjfjnfjf f f fc ff f f f f f f f ff ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f v v v v v v v v v