• Bullying is not good

Everyday, 160,000 middle and high school students stay home in fear of being bullies. Because of bullying 100,000 students feel it is necessary to carry a gun to school to protect themselves. Every 7 minutes, a child is bullied on the playground. 4,400 teens commit suicide because they were bullied. Is this really worth not protecting and helping them? You are being a bully to them if you say so.

• Should schools banned bullying? Of course.

Everyday, 160,000 middle and high school students stay home in fear of being bullies. Because of bullying 100,000 students feel it is necessary to carry a gun to school to protect themselves. Every 7 minutes, a child is bullied on the playground. 4,400 teens commit suicide because they were bullied. Is this really worth not protecting and helping them? Kids deserve love and protection, not neglected. Sure kids need to learn to solve their own problems, but there are other ways to do this than hurting them physically or mentally.

• Should bullying be banned in school? Of course

Everyday, 160,000 middle and high school students stay home in fear of being bullies. Because of bullying 100,000 students feel it is necessary to carry a gun to school to protect themselves. Every 7 minutes, a child is bullied on the playground. 4,400 teens commit suicide because they were bullied. Is this really worth not protecting and helping them? Teachers and parents who don't stop bullying are practically asking kids to bully others.

• Children must solve their own problems.

I do believe in at least light bullying of students in their childhood, although not so much as to cause psychological damage. This is because it, in my opinion, teaches children and teenagers to solve their own problems and resolve any issues on their own. Unless there is a fascist coup causing an authoritarian, Orwellian dictatorship, when you're an adult there's no administration to run to if you get called a "terrorist," ""nerd," "retard," etc. Therefore you'll deal with these problems in your adulthood with immaturity, possibly making the problem worse. Don't coddle your children.

• Would be impossible to enforce

I would like to start this off by saying that the honourable members on the pro side of this argument do not realize the plausibility of such a ban. Bullying is a horrible thing, and I strongly disapprove of it, but banning it wouldn’t make much sense. The suggestion lacks any details on what it would include. I can’t possibly imagine any way to enforce such a ban, and I doubt that the creator of the motion can come up with a way either.
    In conclusion, the idea of putting a ban on bullying is ridiculous. I am against bullying and anything related to that, but putting a ban wouldn’t work. Along with that, bullying is not viewed positively around the globe anyways. Like I said, it’s just ridiculous. I’ll keep this short and sweet, but if someone would like to challenge me on this statement, I would be glad to hear it.