• I want to see their faces

I'm thd world we live in and the problems with have with theft . Killings even accidents how can we help the police if we c Ant describe who we saw in a incident . Plus in schools I want my children to see their faces . We could all hide our faces and that could make the situation even worse . So stop them wearing them please

• Threatening and Unequal

If a man was to go into a public place wearing a balaclava or a motorcycle helmet, he would be made to take it off. I don't think it is right for women to be an exception. Also, the covering of one's face can be frightening and threatening to those around them.

• It is obscene

Obscenity comes in many forms. Nudity for example is obscene and almost no supports lifting the nudity ban, not even on religious grounds. Sure, if you want (or your husband makes you) to wear it or wear nothing at all in the home or on private property, go ahead. The burka is disgusting (not the women, they are beautiful) and should not be allowed in public.

• It isnt religious and supports rape and violence.

The Burqa is not included in the Quran. Terrorism's main job it to spread fear and the burqa causes just that in society. Its not Islamophobic to ban civic unrest. The burqa is a extremist Islamic flag. Hiding one's face with an article of clothing that has the reputation of terrorism and not Islam needs to be banned. As for muslims expressing themselves the hijab is actually mentioned in the quran and it is a safe way, without covering one's face, to express religious beliefs.

• Terrorist could hide behind them

All Burkers should be banned immediately, it is a very worrying time for all of us and anyone can hide anything under them. It's time to stop pussy footing around them, I and am pretty sure most people feel very intimidated with people wearing them, terrorist are a real part of our lives now

• It has absolutely nothing to do with the Qur'an

There is no place in the Qur'an that says for women to wear the full-face burwa/niqab. They are misogynistic items of clothing designed and enforced by psychoticly bigoted men in Saudi Arabia. It legitimises rape- the 'logic' is that when faces are always covered, men (that being Muslim men) can't help but get so aroused that they rape the woman not wearing the face cover, and it is therefore the woman's fault. Is this something you want in a civilised society? It's not in any way religious, but even if it was, I think we all know if a Christian wanted to wear something equally bigoted and stupid, everyone would say no and if a Jew wanted to, a bunch of lefty politically correct students would probably bomb a Synagogue.

• Yes it should be banned

It should be banned world wide. The Muslim religion is still in the middle ages with this and how it treats women. It's not even in the Koran that women even have to wear it. If women have to wear it than so should the men. I'm getting tired of this crap.

• At least in public.

In Australia, you can't even walk into a bank wearing a hat because it conceals too much, so why should you be allowed to wear a burka, which only reveals eye slits. I have no problem if a person wants to wear one at his or her home, but definitely not in public.

• Without A Doubt

I could go on forever about this but I will keep it short and just list one simple reason:
    What really grates people is the contradictory laws in the UK (and maybe elsewhere, I dont know). A motorcyclist cannot walk into a Bank or Building Society with their helmet on, however Muslims CAN walk in with just a pair of eyes peeping through.
    Also I would like to point out that this is very 'Un-English'. We need to keep our country's heritage and our country needs to remain English. I am not anti-immagrant by any means. If a immigrant comes into the country and genuinely loves British culture and integrates into our society, they can speak the language and don't wear clothing that makes us intimidated in our own country, then it would be stupid not to welcome them. However, this needs to happen in organic numbers, rather than the rapid rate it has and is continuing to do so.
    Also agree with all reasons listed by 'sodoff'.
    Closing point to think about:
    Muhammed is now the second most common boys name in England and Wales.

• It's Anti-Western, suppressive, creates fear, and dangerous when used in public

Burkas make indentification very difficult. Criminals can use them to thieve, rape, and murder much easier as nobody can force them to remove them. Is that definately a woman behind that clothing? See a rapist could sneak into a womans loo using it to stay unindentified. An exam can be rigged by somebody with a burka to sit it for somebody else. If everyone used them it would be anarchy.

Plus it is very uncivilized, anti-freedom, and anti-western. It's a tool used by domineering men to suppress their wives and children from the world and treat them like cattle, the mindset "she is for my eyes only". People may think its unfair to ban them but it's only as unfair as banning a nudist from walking around naked on the street. We don't allow that here and we should not tolerate this either. In our country we champion our views that women are treated as individuals and expressive with their bodies.

Faces are particularly important as we can read emotions and expressions with them. The burka creates a wall in society which is unsettling and causes tension. People can feel uneasy around people wearing burkas no less than people feel uneasy around people who wear hoodies and balaclavas. We should have a society that is more friendly and together. Burkas obscure this and creates an invisible wall to community cohesion.

For all these reasons we should ban this in all public places. Eg streets, schools, shops, ect. It shouldn't belong in our society.

• No they are religious.

I believe Burkas should not be banned as they are an ancient religious Religious custom that has been practiced for thousands of years. To ban them would be to infringe upon the religious rights of millions of people, plus there is no real foreseeable reason they should be banned as they do not cause any harm to anyone.

• Why should they think they have the power to restrict religious beliefs that is racist

You can't really believe you have power over 1,296,776 people in Britain and yes i agree it could be dangerous but that is a very slim chance and could you not just have I.D with them wearing a hijab or another religious item because what those aren't banned if we haven't did up to now then why should we now please think through the probability of any threats happening and then think about the ban again. If you still think that you should ban it then you my not-wanted friend are simply racist!

• None should be banned from practicising the religion

How would it be banning christians from wearing cross,or sikh from turban, or nuns from modest clothing. We need to give space to people and respect their religion. There are many whom I personally wont fell comfortable with e.G people with tatoos and piercing all around their face .Should we ban that too? Should we ban a skier from wearing face guard , a person from wearing a face mask for health reasons.,...

We wear what we are comfortable with and what ever percent of our bodies we cover this is surely for a reason that we are humans and live with a sense of modesty. Muslim females who choose to cover their faces do this for their own protection and comfort level.We have no right to dictate terms to others..

How about banning the cosmetic industry for exploiting females and reducing their worth to their physique...

How can someone be afraid and intimidated by a piece of cloth...Have u ever talked to them? Those who have can well attest to the fact how humble burqa clad women are.

Banning them for practicing their religion is making them feel worse about their own people and country...By the way not all immigrants cover their face....There are many reverts too....Do ur research

• This is not right to ban someone from practicing their religion..

The society has taken such an ugly turn that it doesnot value anything lesser than their own prejudices. How would it be banning christians from wearing cross, sikhs from turban, jews from cap and nuns from modest attires... Clothing is sign of piety not oppression...

How about banning all the cosmetic industries that make women feel worthless if not falling in line with the description of beauty. How about banning people from having tatoos , sunglasses.Banning skiers from covering their face , people wearing masks for health purpose.

People blame Islam from intolerance.I SEE muslims being victimised and cornered.

Why should People feel uneasy in moving around with burqa clad women.Have they ever tried talking to them?
    If u see yourself in mirror what does those clothes on your body say?
    Modesty i suppose. Same is true for them as well.We need to understand this and learn to give space to others...

You might not like it..Well there are many things I personally don't like about others.. Artificial makeup, tatoos, piercings , grenn red hair crazy styles, etc.. So should we ban them just because i am not comfortable???

We need to develop concern and respect for our fellow beings... If a country bans my freedom of choice it simply loses the respect I as a citizen hold for my people.

• It should not be banned

I don't think it is right to disrespect the Muslims culture in a way that can be racist to them. I think that banning the burka should not be an issue as it is a simple NO! We don't ban others for wearing cultural clothing so i don't think it should be a problem with Muslims.

• They should be banned!

Because if they commit crime no one will see them as well maybe a man wears a burqa (that's not allowed).. . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• No its religious

People don't have a right to say that the burqa should be banned because its part of the religion and we don't see people having negativity on other religion so why should we all go against Islam. Its a good thing a women wants to cover up people dress so revealing that it attracts people when they don't want to feel like this then why be so revealing. Its a good thing they want to wear it they are following their religion

• No way, human rights still exist

By banning the burqua as it is "oppressive", we are just oppressing the people who want to wear it even more. A large amount of people wear it as a choice. If it was a Christian thing, no offence but I bet nothing would be done about it. It's a piece of fabric. How is that dangerous?!?

• Why should we ban burqas

Why ban burqas. It is like the government want to take away all our freedom. We're no longer to decide the way we dress? As long as it isn't vulgar or offensive; Why the fuck should people not be allowed to chose what they want to wear. I'm gonna wear whatever I want thank you. How do burqas even support terrorism nor any crime. If we ban burqas, why don't we also ban hoodies and motorbike helmets and maybe even ninja costumes that they sell at Party Palace, why not ban those, they cover the face don't they? Burqas are only frightening because we are letting our imagination run wild. So wake up and grow up.

• What? Your kidding right?!

It is a basic human right to be able to live your life and to express yourself in an environment that is safe and equal. There is a common belief that all people who identify as being Muslim are terrorists or extremists, whereas terrorism activity represents an incredibly small proportion of the Muslim community. It is used as an outlet for people to express their religious beliefs and affinity.