• Because they are abusive to women

In the Islamic book the Quran, there is at no point of rules and order to put on or wear the burka as a religious practice. In the western world, women have fought for so long for rights and this is a complete spit in the face for women in the Islamic country. Furthermore, in the 60's and 70's in middle east, countries such as Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan, 87% of women did not wear the it. This is the burka has no place in civil society.

• Because they are abusive to women

• It's about safety.

With the bursa we can't know who's under there, putting both muslims and non muslims at risk as either terrorists or other criminals like neo nazi's can use it to hide harm innocent people. Muslim countries such as Malaysia see the threat and don't allow it, and we should do the same.

• Because I can't see there face

Lions have been a great game and we have a great game today at all times he is the only man in this game that is the only game I can play on my computer and my phone and is a great app to be connected with a router and.

• Yes it should be banned

There is a difference between arguing that it should be banned and that it cannot be banned according to a countries constitution that is often missed in the media. Another argument that confuses the issue is the one about other face coverings such as balaclavas, masks or motorcycle helmets. These are optional and every normal person does not walk around with them on all day except when no-one is looking. The burka is not optional and is usually justified as part of the many rules in islam for looking. As a symbol of repression and control, and a symbol of extremism it should be banned, just as walking around in a swastika is banned in many countries. Also the natural response of young children to such coverings is one of fear. No-one has the right to walk around dressed in a way that scares young children. If someone took their child to school dressed as a zombie and scared a whole lot of kids I don't think the principal would let that go.

• Yes it should be banned

• I hold no gurdges on Muslim, I admire their courage. Though it is not the fabric that's the doubt but the person we cannot see

The burqa are usually enforced through violence in which hurts the woman, who also happens to be a person. In 2003, a French survey discovered that 77% of the girls who wore it they wore it because they were threatened on wearing it. They are also mentally punsihed. Many women on social media get blackmailed and threatened for not wearing a burqa in their picture, the cases have been rising. The burqa covers up domestic violence. According an insightful article, eighty percent of the women in Afghanistan reported that they suffered under domestic violence. In Pakistan, it goes higher to ninety percent. Although many people argue about this, it is statically proved and the only reason these people can argue is because the burqa covers the truth. The violence in this situation is most commonly known as Spouse abuse. Spouse abuse is a profound and terrible crime. Which is why the abuser urges their spouse to wear the burqa, that way many people can’t see the crime. The violence also hurts Muslim women mentally and emotionally. Just by wearing it in public is confirming that women are inferior and must be segregated. One inspiration towards wearing the burqa is that one of Mohammed’s followers was able to recognize one of his wives at night. This can be interpreted that it is meant to prevent being recognized, women are not meant to be acknowledge as an individual rather as someone who is someone’s object who can’t make their own decisions. People are recognized by their physical attributes too, take away those attributes resembles to taking away the person’s individuality. Lastly, the burqa provokes doubt. When a person can’t see someone’s face, it creates fear and doubt. It initially makes the person feel uncomfortable because they don’t know if the individual who is covered up, hiding something or they are sincerely just minding their own business innocently. Yes, although it is true that women are forced to wear this, an individual is not 100% percent sure if a woman is in the burqa, who don’t know the person at all, the individual doesn't know how they look like. The situation is the same as saying a person wearing a ski mask goes into the bank. They have the freedom to wear it but it conveys doubt and fear to those inside the bank. Plus, its true that Allah made Adam first but Adam became lonely, he needed someone, a woman. A man needs a women as much as the woman needs the man. She helped him make decisions and although it was bad, they helped each other through it and continued on. Allah made woman, if he made you, why wouldn't He love you? You are also his creation! Why cover yourself when He made you without clothes! He didn't make you inside a burqa, Allah made you naked, that doesnt't mean go naked, but Allah wouldn't want His little princess hide herself and lock herself. She is not alone.

• Although it is argumentative that it should be allowed, I believe that it shouldn't be allowed.

I have nothing against Muslims, in fact I respect them for their courage. But I don't believe the fabric is dangerous, it's the individual hiding in there. It creates doubt because its similar as to someone walking inside the bank with a ski mask on. It is their right, but it creates doubt and makes people afraid. I am not saying that those who wear burqa's are terrorists, I am just saying that burqa's just provoke doubt for we cannot see their faces therefore we cannot see what your intentions are. Plus some women wear burqa's because of spouse abuse, according an insightful article, eighty percent of the women in Afghanistan reported that they suffered under domestic violence. In Pakistan, it goes higher, all the way to ninety percent. Although many people argue about this, it is statically proven and the only reason these people can argue is because the burqa covers the truth. The domestic violence in this situation is most commonly known as Spouse abuse. In Europe, spouse abuse is a profound and terrible crime. Which is why the abuser urges their spouse to wear the burqa, that way many people can't see the crime. The burqa blocks any social contact and automatically make one gender inferior to the other which, in other words, is called discrimination. Both genders are as equally as important as the other. Just by wearing it in public is confirming that women are inferior and must be segregated. One inspiration towards wearing the burqa is that one of Mohammad's followers was able to recognize one of his wives at night. This can interpreted that the burqa is meant to prevent being recognized,women are not meant to be acknowledge as an individual rather as someone who is someone's. An object,an object who can't make their own decisions. Individuals are recognized by their physical attributes too, take away those attributes resembles to taking away the person's individuality. Plus usually enforced through violence. It hurts women, who also happens to be a person. In 2003, a French survey discovered that 77% of the girls who wore a burqa wore it because they were threatened on wearing it. To Muslims, it is a grave crime for not wearing the head gear and the women were punished inhumanly, such as having acid thrown at their faces for not wearing it. These women were also mentally punished. Many women on social media get blackmailed and threatened for not wearing a burqa in their pictures, the cases have been rising. Women are beautiful, for that is why God made them, yes God made Adam first but he gave him a woman because he was lonely, he need someone. A woman, who helps him make decisions, they may have been bad but they went through it together. Adam was bound to be a sinner but with a companion, he was able to handle it and continue. Men need women as much as women need men. Its a fact not an opinion.

• It's sexist, patriarchal and disgusting.

I want religious reform, hence I will always support the burqa ban. If the reform isn't coming from within, then I am willing to justify the white man's burden to the ends of the earth to ban these ancient, barbaric customs like asking a woman to cover herself up only because she is a woman.

• I want to see their faces

I'm thd world we live in and the problems with have with theft . Killings even accidents how can we help the police if we c Ant describe who we saw in a incident . Plus in schools I want my children to see their faces . We could all hide our faces and that could make the situation even worse . So stop them wearing them please

• No they are religious.

I believe Burkas should not be banned as they are an ancient religious Religious custom that has been practiced for thousands of years. To ban them would be to infringe upon the religious rights of millions of people, plus there is no real foreseeable reason they should be banned as they do not cause any harm to anyone.

• It should not bee banned

I don't think m that banning burqas is a good idea.. I agree with some people who claim that women can be forced to hide their faces.. But banning won't change the fact of abusing, if anything those abusive spouses could hurt then even more or ban them from ever going out without hiding their face.. It's a complicated topic.. If they WANT to wear it, we should let them.. The problem is that you don't know who wants to and who is forced to. But banning will mostly serve those who are scared and let's face it, those numerous attacks were concluded by women who hid their faces so now we're safer, or not?

• No burqa banned

Everyone should just have a good time and love eachother and stripping others rights isn't fun fam so why don't we all share some love and not hate anymore soung good? All oppinions respected but like let the people live how they want to okies? Share the love fam cool

• Yes, there are dangers of letting people wear them in public, but banning burkas is not what needs to be done.

Freedom of religion is not just an important thing for society, but burkas are apart of the Islamic culture, and if safety concerns arise, banning burkas is not the only solution, and should definitely not be treated like it. Putting work into security, on airplanes, in concerts, theaters and rallies, should instead be the way to coexist with this apart of Islamic culture.

• No I believe not

In my opinion I think it's totally wrong that burkas should be banned, you can here my full reasons why by checking out my podcast on this question. Visit: https://www.spreaker.com/show/joes-show_49 and see what I think. This is a very interesting podcast and I would be great if you could check it out.

• Human Rights people

Why would you want to ban stuff they want to wear.We are living in 21st century we can do whatever we want so as them,you can't tell anyone what to do.For example you wouldn't like it if you get force not to wear the something you like everyday.It's the same for them they don't want you can't force them to not wear it. http://www.ohchr.org/EN/UDHR/Documents/UDHR_Translations/eng.pdf look it up if you ban it it would be against one of the UN policy.

• Of course not!!!

It hasn't showed any sign of harming us so far, some people live in fear of their past! Do you think more people or less people would send you hate mail if you forced women to feel exposed and anti-religious?
    You all haven't thought this through. YOUR BRAINS ARE VERY SMALL

• Why should they think they have the power to restrict religious beliefs that is racist

You can't really believe you have power over 1,296,776 people in Britain and yes i agree it could be dangerous but that is a very slim chance and could you not just have I.D with them wearing a hijab or another religious item because what those aren't banned if we haven't did up to now then why should we now please think through the probability of any threats happening and then think about the ban again. If you still think that you should ban it then you my not-wanted friend are simply racist!

• None should be banned from practicising the religion

How would it be banning christians from wearing cross,or sikh from turban, or nuns from modest clothing. We need to give space to people and respect their religion. There are many whom I personally wont fell comfortable with e.G people with tatoos and piercing all around their face .Should we ban that too? Should we ban a skier from wearing face guard , a person from wearing a face mask for health reasons.,...

We wear what we are comfortable with and what ever percent of our bodies we cover this is surely for a reason that we are humans and live with a sense of modesty. Muslim females who choose to cover their faces do this for their own protection and comfort level.We have no right to dictate terms to others..

How about banning the cosmetic industry for exploiting females and reducing their worth to their physique...

How can someone be afraid and intimidated by a piece of cloth...Have u ever talked to them? Those who have can well attest to the fact how humble burqa clad women are.

Banning them for practicing their religion is making them feel worse about their own people and country...By the way not all immigrants cover their face....There are many reverts too....Do ur research

• This is not right to ban someone from practicing their religion..

The society has taken such an ugly turn that it doesnot value anything lesser than their own prejudices. How would it be banning christians from wearing cross, sikhs from turban, jews from cap and nuns from modest attires... Clothing is sign of piety not oppression...

How about banning all the cosmetic industries that make women feel worthless if not falling in line with the description of beauty. How about banning people from having tatoos , sunglasses.Banning skiers from covering their face , people wearing masks for health purpose.

People blame Islam from intolerance.I SEE muslims being victimised and cornered.

Why should People feel uneasy in moving around with burqa clad women.Have they ever tried talking to them?
    If u see yourself in mirror what does those clothes on your body say?
    Modesty i suppose. Same is true for them as well.We need to understand this and learn to give space to others...

You might not like it..Well there are many things I personally don't like about others.. Artificial makeup, tatoos, piercings , grenn red hair crazy styles, etc.. So should we ban them just because i am not comfortable???

We need to develop concern and respect for our fellow beings... If a country bans my freedom of choice it simply loses the respect I as a citizen hold for my people.