Should Canada let Quebec become an independent country?

• These people have created endless strife in our nation.

They've divided us over language, culture, and suddenly decided that we didn't share our heritage. They have committed terrorist attacks, enforced their culture, language, and ideologies upon the majority while claiming that their culture is at risk. They've sold our entire country out to whoever the highest bidder was at the time.

• Let them try

They should be given an opportunity to be their own country because they really are their own country just act as they are not Quebec should be free that is my opinion just let them try it and see how it goes if it doesn't work then make it Canada agin

• Canada can sitll be friends with qubec

Due to just letting them peacefully separate, then there wouldn't be a war of any kind. Quebec has its own culture, language and way of living. They can't be forced to live in a country that does not share that. They should sepatrate and canada should let them do so, without war.

• Make Quebec great again

Please don't judge my just on my sexual interests. I am still a good man. But you need to understand: Gays should be able to adopt children and marry. We are opressed and our interests are stifled. Thats why I want Quebec to become an independant country, the French are way more liberal.

• I am gay

• Let them leave.

What currency will they have? What trade offers will they obtain? How will they get into Canada through our boarders?

Let them do it, the. Wage a war on their new stupid country and take it back.

That's part of Canada. It belongs to Canadians. They can form their own country somewhere else. I don't care what language you speak. Idiots need to stop trying to divide, and start working together.

• Quebec should be independent

Quebec would do much better without Canada, they have different language and culture from the rest of Canada. They want to govern themselves differently from what Canada is doing now. Canada is hostile to them, they would rather have their own rules without having any kind of fear of any kind.

• Canadians will never understand what it means to be unique

I'm not even Canadian, but I have rigorously studied the Quebec Sovereignty movement for three years, started off with the same opinion as most of you; that Quebec should definitely not become independent. But as I learned and participated more, I began to slowly change my mind. Now I am completely for Quebec Independence and here's why.

Quebec, already in many aspects, is essentially a nation within a nation. As many of you already know, it has it's own language, its own mixture of both civil and common law, and its own distinctive North American culture with a French touch. Very similar to say, Mexico, United States, or Brazil with their own culture from former colonisers. It is hard for Canadians to understand because they are in one of the very few countries in the Americas that have never fought for independence and have shared much more similarities between its parent country (UK) than others.
    But at the centre of the Canadian opposition, I can tell you that the only thing that Canadians care about is money. They wish for Quebec to stay in the country because it gets the most money of any territory, it has the prettiest cities and towns, and overall, because it is unique. It is not like Canada, and tourists love that. So basically, they reason why Canadians want Quebec is because it garners profit from not being like the rest of Canada, which makes it appealing to tourists. It is the sad truth. What does Quebec get in return? Sure it gets a bit more power in the federal government, but in terms of reputation, it is lagging.

The average Canadian sometimes doesn't even like the Quebecois. I've heard too many Canadians say that Quebecois are stuck-up and idiotic for trying to preserve their heritage to the extent of independence.

To the dolts who said its like a state separating from the United States, this is definitely not true and is a HUGE miseducated analogy which to me, would be nothing more than a silly exaggeration.

What are the Pros?
    - An independent Quebec would offer a new country on the world stage and a new valuable ally to both the US and Canada when dealing with specifically western hemisphere issues.
    - New First World country and the first major francophone one in the Americas
    - Would be in a similar position to the US, Mexico, or Brazil where it is a safe-haven for refugees who speak the same language and can provide a New World perspective on issues while also keeping its European heritage
    - More attention for French as trade language (English has had too much attention)
    - No more governing from an Anglophone government

Cons
    - No doubt there would be economic hardship at first, both for Canada and Quebec. But all new countries start out this way and remind yourself that Canada and Quebec are first world countries with great might and voices. Vive le Québec libre...

• They should be able to have their own opinions

It is not right to force quebec to stay in canada if the majority of the citizens are unhappy. They should be able to keep their languages and culture the way they want too. If they end up seceding, what about the rest of canada? It can survive, sure, but it would be hard with 1/4 of the population gone and a couple billion dollars worth of GDP. Im for both, but leaning towards yes

• People in Quebec should have more authority over their lives.

1) To preserve their language and culture, With so many English speaking people living in Canada, not many will speak French and have the same cultures as Quebecers.
    2) Quebec’s people should have the right to decide where they live and what rights they will have.
    3) Smaller governments work better, If there are less people they will be more likely to agree on issues

• Quebec Don't Deserve It

Quebec's don't deserve to be their own country, they are already a part of Canada. One part of this includes the fact that they can still preserve their own language and culture, they don't need to be there own country just to say they can have their own language and culture. It takes more than language and culture to persuade others that you are capable of being your own country. Quebec being it's own country would just throw things out of order even more than it already is. Having Quebec stay as a part of Canada makes everything easier.

• Make Quebec great again

• Make Quebec great again

• I am gay

• I say NO

I say no because this will be a waste to become a new country. What we learned will be garbage and they might start a war with Canada or United States. They are close enough it could happen. Quebec is also a major key. It is very important because most of the French population is in Quebec so they will most likely make an alliance with France which will screw us both, Canada and U.S.A.. If Quebec becomes an independent country what stops California to do the same, or British Columbia or Nunavut. British Columbia is already restricted a great deal from the rest of the country and Nunavut has many islands, granted not very many people live there, mostly Inuits. Alaska could also become an independent country because it is also restricted from the rest of its country like British Columbia.

• Quebec will start another war!

They started the American war, so if it was independent they would start another war! So don't let them become independent! It is very stupid to let them become independent... Aren't people supposed to be smart?! I don't think so if they let Quebec become independent... Be smart people and listen to this argument and don't do anything stupid!!,!

• I do not allow Quebec to become an independent country

Why do i say no that Quebec should not be an independent country because if it becomes than all of our history will not be studied as much as it is being studied know because than they will only study the history that the other independent country has and Quebec probably wont even be called Quebec. I really love Quebec and if it doesn't stay as Quebec than all the history that i have learned about it will just go to waste and then we will have to go live somewhere else if we don't like the rules of the other independent country and that is horrible so i am going to say No about Quebec becoming an independent country. QUEBEC DO NOT DO THIS TO US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Let them leave.

• No, NO, NO

I'm currently in ON, Canada. And I think Quebec is being very selfish, Canada's second official language is FRENCH! They can keep the culture, they don't need to be a separate country to keep the language and culture? That makes no sense, their "Country" is going to economically fall with the lack of education and people, it won't be a wise decision.