Should Canada volunteer to be annexed by the USA?

Asked by: RedSoloZach
  • Yes, the USA should peacefully annex Canada.

Canada is in a bad situation with Quebec wanting to become independent. If they do, the rest of the Canadian provinces could split up from Canada as well because of cultural differences, and power could fall into the wrong hands. Also, since Canada isn't ever involved in very many conflicts around the world, their resources aren't being used in the best ways possible to help the world. The USA is constantly solving wars, and could really use the extra resources. Our military is already the best in the world, and with the Canadian additions other countries wouldn't dare mess with us. Not to mention, it would be much easier to get oil from Alaska and protect them from Russian or Chinese paratrooper landings. There is also Annexationist groups in Canada who strongly support this idea, so it wouldn't be a forced invasion and annexation.

• Canada does not want it, and neither does America.

We're fine, and things are great the way they are.

People often like to cite Quebec as a reason why we should simply be annexed, except they haven't seen the latest polls. Only 18% of Quebecois actually want to separate from Canada.

The legal, economic and social nightmares of attempting to merge would similarly be a demon to conquer. America doesn't want to go through that, and neither does Canada. Also, hundreds of Canadians will be outraged and take to armed resistance at the perceived loss of sovereignty if this annexation isn't pulled off properly.

We are already the closest of military allies and mutually share all relevant counter terrorism, military and technological information with each other in the combined effort to defend North America.

We're already family, and there's no reason to ruin a perfectly good thing.

• No no no never

Canada is its own land with its own people economy culture and resources why should we give it up to the USA I'd rather die then see this beautiful nation become a bunch of fucking states. All they to is steal and hog the world spotlight and I pray to god that Canada stays independent true north strong and free I would never vote for something that would destroy Canada like that.

• No no no never