• Yes, cannibalism should be illegal

Yes, cannibalism should be illegal in all countries of the world. I believe that people who are not longer living are entitled to a proper burial, and giving someone the right to eat another person is not a proper burial, and does not respect those who are deceased which is why cannibalism should be illegal.

• Yes, of course it should be.

It is considered very immoral to eat humans. It is even considered immoral to eat things such as dogs and horses. If cannibalism were legal, it would be disgusting and also be opposed by a huge percentage of the population. Civilized society has no room for cannibalism and thus it should remain illegal.

• Cannibalism should be illegal.

It isn't already? I can think of one instance when it was OK, and that was when 1972 rugby team crashed into the Andes. They felt so guilty, but they had to survive. Other than that, it is degrading, sick, and immoral. A human being should never be consumed by another human being.

• Cannibalism should be illegal.

Cannibalism should be illegal. Cannibalism is immoral and wrong on so many
    levels. I’m pretty sure that the Bible
    says that cannibalism is wrong somewhere.
    Human beings were meant to eat fruits and vegetables and maybe meat, but
    not human flesh. Making cannibalism
    legal would only eventually lead to mass murder.

• Morally wrong and disgusting

Medically it comes with a cost to eat someone you get the shakes [good way to spot one if your invited somewhere on strange terms] and it damages your phycology you start to crave it, and lose your mind do we really want to live in a world where people think YOU could be there next meal.
    Cannibalism is wrong morally its a crime against nature...

• Becuause I said so

Canabalism saves lives. If it can be legalized, we may have found a way to cure cancer. YOLO
    All you crazy people who eat food havn't tasted real food until you eat your sister.... And your parents.... It is a well known fact that most right arms have a high source of protein. This stands for freedom so join be America and choose canabalism. Because a vote for canabalism, is a vote for freedom....

• Yes, cannibalism is immoral

Eating another human being is pretty much universally considered to be one of the most immoral things that one could do. By making cannibalism legal, it would be disgusting and would create a lot of unneeded controversy. I do not think that there would be any benefits from making this legal.

• Ok, seriously who posted this?

Why would anybody think that it is a good idea? Eating another human? There are humans who don't even eat animals. There is plenty of cow and pig to go around, people, no need to eat your sister. It is kind of murder, unless there dead, then it is just sick. Unless you are a praying mantis. Then it is just cool.

• Who ever disagrees needs to be put down like a rabid dog or at least made infertile so they can't make children no adoption either

Title says it all but I might as well copy and paste it so I can submit my opinion

Who ever disagrees needs to be put down like a rabid dog or at least made infertile so they can't make children no adoption either

That is all fellow human beings

• Eating human? Why?

Its cruel to eat a human. And it just is kinda freaky! Why do soooooo many say NO?!?! They want to eat their OWN KIND? REALLY?!?! IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!!! I DO NOT LIKE CANNIBALISM! NOR SHOULD OTHERS!!! Would YOU EAT YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS?! I hope not! That's why it should be illegal.

• Humanity would die off!!!!

At first i thought, was it illegal to eat other humans if all aspects was consensual and you did not perform any actions that lead to the deceased. I think if everything was consensual, then cannibalism is legal.

But this is what the question is not saying. I say cannibalism should be made illegal because

1. It will lead to new diseases (i think)

2. It will start another "food addiction"

3. It will lead to many murders if all aspects is NOT CONSENSUAL.

I don't think it will ever be consensual because what kind of person would allow their love one to be eaten.

I say illegal! Illegal! Illegal!

• What if it came to that point?

I believe that becuase of greed and power, people will kill off every last animal on this earth. And as the animal kingdom diminishes, the human population rises. Let's admit there are people out there that just can't give up there love for meat. So.. For just a second think, what would happen if every last animal was gone? And humans were the only ones standing?
    Sure we can all be vegan, but it goes back to power and greed. Even if human consumption was "banned", like other things in this world, that won't stop someone from doing it. If there was a lot of money involved, and for certain people that have a rare ethnicity, they would have a "higher" price, (like what animals today), over their heads because there is always someone trying to make a profit from anything even if morally wrong. It's disturbing and no I wouldn't eat human kind, but even if someone was against the idea, some would say they don't believe in taking someone's right to do something , that even though they disagree with it, it's not their right to take it away becuase they might think it's wrong. Everything I say is already done to the animals such as whaling, fur, etc, and even in some places, we still have people working in sweatshops for two cents so we can have name brands on our backs. The world is already on the pathway where they don't care about human kind and this is 2014. Ten years ago my cell phone had buttons, now I can talk to it, and it replies back!! I'm not saying eating meat is wrong, or whatever else that some might think is wrong. This world would never change for human kind regardless what you do to try and make this world a better place.It might be throwing away your trash because you hate littering, you still have other people behind you leaving their crap behind you. If it came to making human consumption "ok" we would know the world would be at it's end.The world still spins when your gone. Money is what makes this world go round, people would find ways to kill others even if they ate human flesh or not.They would still kill people for those who do consume it, becuase there would be a a hefty price. Just becuase there's a ban or law against something today, we don't reinforce them all the time .Some people don't care at all in this world, so what would make it any different for those who don't care stop from killing or consuming the human kind? You can do things to help change this world, but you still can't change the person. That means this world, no matter what age of time your in, will always have that one person that wants to try and "rule" it, corrupt it, and for just for the thrill, do anything your not suppose too. Yep. Were all doomed.

• People are food too

All through history people have eaten other people. The only reasons why people are against cannibalism are that 1.Religions and social norm say the human body is unclean if this is true why do we eat cows chickens and pigs that lie in their own filth. 2.Some peoples morals or religions forbid it refer to (1). 3.There are laws prohibiting it well in fact there are no laws in the U.S atleast that state that cannibalism is illegal but there are laws against murder and desecration of a body there could in theory be a way to get around these.

• Should be legal if other person is willing

Consensual cannibalism should be legalized everywhere. If someone is able to make choices, then they should have the right to decide if they want to be eaten. I would vote for making cannibalism legal. Personally, I have thought about being cooked and eaten myself. If I decide that I want to be cannibalized, then no one should be able to stop me from being eaten.

• Not if it is consensual

Many people enjoy partaking in cannibalism. This is known as Vorarephilia or Vore. The problem is, under current law, I could be with the girl of my dreams and beg her to eat me alive, but she could still be arrested because of intrusive laws. There is no good reason consensual cannibalism should be against the law. Would it cause controversy? Of Course! Almost as much as letting blacks vote did! In neither case, however is that a reason to avoid making something legal. The fact that 71% of people want to have so much power over other people's lives is the problem with this country.

• By itself, it shouldn't be a crime.

Unless other factors are present, such as murder, the act should be fine in the eyes of the law. For example, if you were in a group stranded somewhere without food or water and one of you dies, it should be okay to eat that person to avoid starvation. Even if the reasons are less life-and-death, and it's just some consensual act between people, it should still be legal to do. Creepy, yes, but we really shouldn't be banning things for the sole purpose of them being creepy and nothing else.

It should also be noted that cannibalism literally just means "eating the flesh of your own kind". That does not automatically make it "immoral". "Cannibalism" doesn't mean going around with a spear and stabbing people so you can eat them. Legalizing it also isn't the same as saying "do it". It just means that if a situation arises where you start eating someone, but in a way that literally does not affect any other laws (such as laws against killing, tampering with evidence, assault, etc.), you can't be thrown in jail for it. Which wouldn't affect much since that kind of situation is extremely rare anyway.

• Not If There is Consent

There was man who identifies as being an "asexual" in Japan who served his genitals to willing buyers. Someone even called the police and since Japan has no law against cannibalism they did nothing. It's a very weird story, but this man/asexual wasn't infringing on anyone's rights. Everyone involved was involved voluntarily. As long as cannibalism is consensual it should be allowed.

• Cannibalism should be legal

Cannibalism should fully be legal for many reasons. One it should be legal just because you should be able to eat the dead. Animals do it so what's wrong with humans doing it as humans are also animals and are intelligent. That is the reason cannibalism should be fully legal.

• No; there's a conflict of cultural and practiced norms from varying biases in varying countries.

Cannibalism is already illegal within the United States but without the technicality of it - meaning that cannibalism in the form of taking a person's flesh without their permission (being dead or performing an act of what most would consider barbarism) is already illegal by law but approved cannibalism, which happens, (people wishing to be eaten after they've passed or again, part of their belief system) is not illegal.
    Societal norms frown upon it and it's called immoral, which is understandable but only on an ethical level with an almost narrow minded viewpoint on the act and or 'tradition' itself.
    In Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness, Cannibalism is often referred to with the natives of Africa, but most over looked prospects of cannibalism is that it is ritualistic as well as it is a way of life for some individuals and for some traditional cultures.
    If there is consent, it's technically legal. If there is not, it's technically illegal. But it is not set in stone for either or.

• Your logic has problems if you believe it's wrong.

Firstly, your argument is immediately invalid if you think cannibalism has anything to do with intelligence. Just because the human race is more mentally improved than other species, doesn't mean we cannot eat our own kind. Animals do it constantly for pride, honor, willpower, and a way of proving their strength.
    Furthermore, it is not sick. If you would eat a cow, a pig, a chicken, or any kind of meat at all; how is that different from eating a human being? Whatever if it's your family or friend. However, if the person is a stranger whom you have no attachments nor feelings for, there's no reason for you to feel disgusted.
    Next, it doesn't hurt our place in the hierarchy of life. If eating a human suddenly makes our reputation go down; meaning that "we've lost our sanity and intelligence", then that only proves how weak we actually are in emotion and stability.
    Lastly, if any of you has ever watched animal related shows that talk about tigers, lions, bears, and others finding distant villages and proceeding to eat humans, you would notice that the animal doesn't only kill people once. The carnivore tends to walk a very long way to revisit the families for food. One way to explain why they do so, is because we're defenseless and weak by ourselves naturally; no knives, guns, etc. And another reason, is that we're probably just simply delicious.