• Its revenge time

You take someones life away then you have exploited the law stating Right to Life. Killing is of course wrong but if you have killed anyone your punishment should be that - you get killed. Life is like a circle. What you do to others the same thing happens to you.

• yes, capital punishment should be legal

First off, I'd like to say that yes, I do think capital punishment should be legal. Reasons being is because if you take someones life away, then yours should, even if you still have the right to life. Killing is wrong, yes but if you kill someone, then being killed should be your punishment.

• Yes it should be allows

Person doing the worst crime should get the worst punishment, also dying is better than staying in jail for the rest of your life because that is like dying everyday. I dont know about you but i would rather die than suffer everyday of my life in prison. . .

• Yes, capital punishment should be legal

Capital punishment should be legal because it has done a very effective job in warning people that if they have done something wrong, there could be consequences. Capital punishment is the ultimate measure to scare people to keep them from committing serious crimes. If they ban capital execution, they can be a lot more crimes.

• Clearly it should be

People should get what they deserve. It would make the country safer. I like to eat cheese and it sould be allowed. It used to happen and should continue to happen . It has worked in many countries and britain should follow those example . I like this its fun

• It would reduce crime as well as these ideas.

There are thousands of crimes going on in every country and it is expensive to keep these criminals locked up. I think criminals should have longer sentences in prison for example kidnapping should be a minimum of 20 years and not 5. You can shorten your sentence by generating electricity on an exercise bike which would therefore mean that keeping the criminals would be cheaper. If they commit this crime again then they get killed. Murder and attempted murder should also be a death sentence. Assault that caused permanent damage should be a death sentence. Drug dealers that supply more than $/£500 worth of drugs a week should also be a death sentence. The limit for drink driving should be 0 and if caught drink driving it should be 2 years in prison minimum and you must take the driving test again. Caught doing it again and it will be a death sentence. Tax avoiders should have to pay all the tax that they have not paid + 5%. Anyone caught speeding should have will have to pay double whatever the fine is now. All of this should reduce crime to almost nothing.

• Retribution and deterrence

Real justice require people to suffer for their wrong doing and to suffer in a way appropriate for the crime. By executing convicted murderers, we will deter would be murderers. Crime rate is increasing day by day and our society is being polluted by many criminals and it is a must to get rid of these bandits so as to reduce the criminality rate! #Darshan

• Capital punishment should be legal and fair

Since crime is spread all over the world and killing becomes as easy as we drink water .Capital punishment would reduce it even it's harsh but other people will be aware and they will also as far away as they will not commit any other crime.Therefore , society will be safe and quiet

• I support capital punishment.

People who are against capital punishment say that it is so on "humanitarian grounds." Are Nirbhaya's rapists human beings? Is Ajmal Kasab a human being? Was Afzal Guru a human being?
    Another argument is that "Should we stoop to their level?"-My answer to that is that sometimes, to accomplish human welfare, supposed "inhuman" acts are essential. Do you feel safe knowing that anyone can escape at anytime. Alive, they are threats. "Murder becomes a habit".
    Let's face it, we complain about paying tax which is our duty to a country for the government to develop the country, would you like to pay it for the upkeep of murderers, rapists, pedophiles etc.
    We must try and "reform" them? If you lost somebody close to you and the person responsible was quite happily sitting in prison, eating 3 sq. Meals a day, occupying himself in "hard labour", would you appreciate it?
    Another dirty argument is "the victims don't come back to life do they?" If you're going to go by that argument then why put them in prison.
    Ajmal Kasab, after killing nearly 150 people, demanded biryani in prison. Asked if no one would tie him a rakhi (a symbol of a sister's affection to her brother). You want to reform him? The excuse he gave was his 'poverty'. Let's face it, people have been poorer than him, haven't they.
    Capital punishment is legal and sorry to disappoint you, it is necessary and humanitarian also.
    People say, mercy is the greatest quality of human beings. It's not. Justice is.

• It ought to be legal

Nevertheless, if would-be criminals know undoubtedly that they will be put to death should they murder with premeditation, very many of them are much less inclined to commit murder. Whether or not would-be criminals are wary of committing the worst crime is an important—and probably impossible—question to answer. Murder still happens very frequently. So some criminals disregard this warning for various reasons. But the fact does remain that many criminals who ride the fence on committing murder ultimately decide to spare the victim’s life.

• Basic human rights

Article 3 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, states "everyone has the right to life". The justice system has the right to put people in jail. It does not have the right to kill a person, who might be innocent. Capital punishment brutalizes the society that uses it. It normalizes killing, and is not a good deterrent from crime. States in America where they use capital punishment do not have lower crime rates in comparison to states that don't use capital punishment - in fact, crime rates may be higher. Try to explain capital punishment to yourself. It's this thought that we should kill people who kill people because killing people is wrong." It clearly makes no sense.

• ONE WORD: JUSTICE!

When you put someone to death you are giving them the easy way out! How come the killer doesnt have to live with his actions but the family of the victim does? Its not fair. Putting the killer to death is not a suitable punishment because the killer doesnt have to live with is actions.

• Capital punishment should not be legal.

Why should we kill people who've killed people only to show other people that killing is wrong? It's only messed up. Everyone has right to live, no matter what they've done. It's only basic human rights. It's really just brutal, it isn't human nature to kill people. Where is your humanity?
    People who kill other people without being guilty about it are mentally ill at some point. If we give the killer a second chance, and also a treatment, he/she might actually get well. It is not fair at any circumstances to kill a human being. No matter what.

Capital punishment should not be legalized bacause it might killed innocent. According to bloodshedbooks.Com, Johnny Garrett of Texas was executed February, 1992, for allegedly raping and murdering a nun. In March, 2004, cold-case DNA testing identified Leoncio Rueda as the rapist and murderer of another elderly victim killed four months prior. Immediately following the nun's murder, prosecutors and police were certain the two cases were committed by the same assailant. In both cases, black curly head hairs were found on the victims, linked to Rueda. Previously unidentified fingerprints in the nun's room were matched to Rueda. The flawed case is explored in a 2008 documentary The Last Word. Secondly, human's life is presure. We just have one chance. We have the right to live. We have the right of have a chance to change and to realized our false or to be teached by psycholgists or instructors. Our aim of prison is trying to correct people's personalities. Why are we killing them when we want to change them. Is that rediculous. The medieval philosopher and theologian Thomas Aquinas made this point very clearly: Therefore if any man is dangerous to the community and is subverting it by some sin, the treatment to be commended is his execution in order to preserve the common good... Therefore to kill a man who retains his natural worthiness is intrinsically evil, although it may be justifiable to kill a sinner just as it is to kill a beast, for, as Aristotle points out, an evil man is worse than a beast and more harmful. Therefore, I strongly believe that capital punishment should be legalized.

• "It is better and more satisfactory to acquit a thousand guilty persons than to put a single innocent one to death."

These days, most of the western world has eliminated the death penalty, the only western nation which still holds the death penalty is the United States. Other countries which still use the death penalty include Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, The People's Republic of China, The United Arab Emirates, Egypt, and only a few others.

Additionally, it should be noted that, if freedom comes with a responsibility, then should there be the freedom, and responsibility to repent, rehabilitate, and ultimately be re-accepted into society. By killing someone, we are denying them the chance to repent, much similar to how the killer, killed the victim. It is true that killers these days are being treated like victims, but that is not to say that in replacement of that we should simply act like the killer...

• An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind

When somebody murders another person, and they are sent to death, it's just killing another person. The person who puts the criminal to death is also a criminal for killing him. Then he should get put to death. Then the person that puts him to death is also a killer and should be put to death.

• No it shouldn't happen

For a large portion of my adult life, I was a strong proponent of the death penalty. I believed it was a strong deterrent to crime and a fitting punishment for lousy criminals. But then, I thought to myself, who am I to make the judgment to end another person’s life. It is my belief that the power to end another person’s life resides with God. If I were to judge someone guilty of a crime and sentence them to death, then I am playing the role of God. Even more than that, if I choose to put a person to death for the murder of another person, I am guilty of committing the same offense, just wrapped in a legal blanket.
    There are other mitigating factors to the change of my opinion. The first is that even if a person is sentenced to death, by the time they exhaust all of their appeals; it is 20 years after the fact. How can that be a true crime deterrent? The second is the chance that an innocent person is put to death. There have been numerous examples of prisoners being exonerated after 20 years in prison due to DNA findings. Can we, as a nation founded on Christian principles, take a chance and kill an innocent person? I hope everyone answers a resounding ‘NO’ to that question.

• Capital punishment should not be legal

Capital punishment is meant for people who commit a crime. By killing them, don't we commit a bigger crime? We kill someone for possibly a MISTAKE they did! What if after we kill them, we get to know that we killed an innocent man! We an not take the death penalty back! Moreover, it is better to let a criminal live with his guilt rather than giving him a death penalty.....

• There are other ways

We are the criminals if we kill. There are other ways to punish, life in prison-not just 40 years, LIFE in prison!-and lethal injection costs a fortune. What if the killers have a good family, or they have mental problems? It also show that death is just a quick fix to a hard problem. Like killing is OK!

• No - Capital Punishment should be eliminated