Should capital punishment be reinstated in Canada?

• The Reward Of A Lifetime In Prison

By the time I finish typing this more than a thousand innocent human beings will be killed. Do you even know who they are? I will answer that for you. NO YOU DON'T. And do you even care? Again...NO YOU DON'T. If we can be so unconcerned about those thousand innocent human beings who were killed, why must we be so concerned about the vermin who killed them? Why is there a need to feed, clothes and shelter the vermin? Whether it's a bullet in the head and a hole in the ground or a humane euthanization of the vermin, the vermin needs to be "removed". The societal rot caused by the existence of the vermin will continue as long as the vermin continues to exist. We will continue to raise our children in a society that has no real penalty for murderers, rapists and child predators but, instead, rewards them with free food, clothing and shelter. We prove only to a newer generation of human beings that we reward the murderers, rapists and child predators among us. Let us respond to the execution of the next thousand murderers in the same way we respond to the last thousand innocent people who were murdered....By not caring.

• Bring it Back!

We spend too much money supporting murderers, rapists pedophiles and terrorists! When we are 100% certain that they are responsible for their crimes (Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka) they should be given the death penalty quickly. No appeals, just do it! Use the time and money to make positive changes for our citizens and our country.

• Yes YES OBVIOUSLY! ASAP!! No debate needed.

Anybody that says no has never had a family member or close friend taken from them by the hands of a monster.
    Monsters need to be destroyed.
    Otherwise those of us that respect the sanctity of life and the well being of our fellow neighbours can never live comfortably and in peace.
    With all of the knowledge, technology and forward thinking in the world you would think me and my family could live somewhere safe. We can't.
    You can't go to sleep without locking your door.... A man stabbed my cousin 58 times and left her in her vehicle in a parking garage. Not a 40 minute drive away from my home. It was obviously premeditated as he bought a knife a week before, faked having cancer (shaved head etc) and broke a restraining order. He manipulated her into meeting him to accomplish this disgusting act.
    Only 13 years 6 months and 29 days after he was granted day parole.
    Goodie goodie gumdrops.
    Somebody that has the capacity to stab a beautiful, caring 21 year old girl 58 times. Is now able to go out and "meet new people".
    After a stay at Canada's prison/hotel. He was allowed conjugal visits. Plenty of freedom.
    So why should he be allowed to live his life and maybe (I can't imagine) have children and a wife one day (if they survive that is).
    Someone in the "no" side please explain why that's ok to me.
    My uncle/aunt and cousins.... Their family has a scar that can never heal. My family has a scar that will never heal. All the people that knew Jessica have a scar that will never heal. That piece of sh*t should not be breathing the same air as the rest of us.

Judge Gail Welch from good ole CANADIAN JUSTICE SYSTEM granted $75,000 bail to a woman being suspected of driving 18 hours to shoot her ex boyfriend. The .22 caliber weapon and the rounds used in the shooting matched her weapon and rounds she was witnessed using weeks before the murder (unfortunatley she did this in the United States and then fled to Canada)
    Soooo our wonderful legal system headed by this air head judge let her go back out in the streets to almost destroy another mans life and worst of all murder her own child and the child of Andrew Bagby (the wonderful man she took from this world).
    Poor little Zachary Andrew Turner. Canada let you down buddy :(
    THE ONLY silver lining in the entire situation was that that crazy b*tch took her own life too. Thanks for doing us a favour.
    You should have done that years earlier and left Andrew alone.

This country grants bail to dangerous criminals.

This country does not properly punish haneous crimes.

Give your head a shake Canada.

Ps. If you said no... Imagine your family dead. It happens

• It's just taking out the trash

What do you do when garbage starts piling up for n your house? You take out the trash. When garbage starts piling up in our society, we need to take it to the dump and bury it in the ground where it belongs. Or burn it and use the energy for electrical generation. And we'll always need more compost.

• It's just taking out the trash

• Yes it should

I think it should be back for rapest murderers people that bomb things big things like that why should the get to live in jail and eat have friends there laughing they are still enjoying life they should die the way that there victims die at least with lethal injection they are put to death nicely hell If it was my choice they should be punished the way they were get a taste of there own medicine but hey that's just my opioion

• Yes it should

• You Kill you die

Murder is illegal ,but everyone forgets that

Bringing back the death penalty may not always deter a person from killing , but , at least that person will not ever do it again. Why do people get to kill and get hardly any penalty for it ? Why are killers lives more important than everybody else's ? You kill ,you die ---plain and simple .

• You Kill you die

• What is right?

I believe certain crimes should carry a consequence that is grave. There's not enough of a deterrent to stop people from doing certain crimes.
    But what does it really matter because our judicial system appears more and more each day as a joke.
    Time and time again, the court further victimizes victims. Judges often make decisions based on what they're feeling. Judges often make decisions based on what they're feeling. The last two times I was in court I personally witnessed this the judge didn't even want to listen to the the lawyers opposing arguments all the judge wanted to do was talk and she did for two hours straight .

• Death to criminals

I feel that most criminals are genetically predisposed to crime. This means that if criminals live and have children then, ultimately, they will give birth to more and more criminals. The only way to remove criminals from the populace is to kill all offenders. What I am saying is that we should commit genocide to improve our society and move humanity forward. A society filled with productive members as opposed to destructive members is obviously the better choice.

• No, the justice system works well.

No, capital punishment should not be reinstated in Canada, because Canadians seem quite happy with their criminal justice system. We do not hear about the incidents of violence and mass murder in Canada that seem to happen frequently in the United States. If the Canadian system is working, there's no reason to change it just to be like others.

• Never Legal To Kill

I do not believe that capital punishment should be reinstated in Canada. I believe the banning of the death penalty in some countries shows that humanity, as a whole, is moving forward and thinking in terms that are more humane than they have been in the past. I believe it is wrong to take a step backwards in this process.

• Capital Punishment Should Not Be Reinstated in Canada

No, capital punishment should not be reinstated in Canada. No matter what sorts of heinous crimes a person may commit, that person still has a natural and inalienable right to life. For the Canadian government to choose to ignore that right to life would be a grave error on its part.

• It should not.

Capital punishment should not be reinstated in Canada. There is a reason that Canada has gotten rid of it, and there is no reason for them to bring it back. In fact, it is much more expensive to put someone to death than it is to keep them alive in prison.

• Studies show capital punishment is more expensive

I would like to believe that capital punishment is acceptable when one has committed a heinous crime on film or otherwise, so that there exists no possibility of innocence. However it just costs too much. Then there is the fact that you can't give back a life once it is taken. If one is put to death and later found innocent, there is no way to give the person their life back. Canada should forget capital punishment for good.

• Who are we to kill them?

I believe the question of reinstating the death penalty is a moral one. If the person who originally committed the crime had no right to do what they did, why do we? Really, eliminating people who have broken the law is playing at God, at we should not get to decide who lives and who dies. Of course, there is the possibility of killing someone wrongly accused, and they will never get their life back. There is also the possibility of reform. Murderers who have decided to follow the law can still contribute to society and achieve their true potential. Just as it is not natural for criminals to kill, it is not natural for law-abiding citizens to end the lives of other human beings.

• Some people would think that it would be cheaper than sentencing someone to imprisonment i beg to differ.

It would actually cost less to imprison someone than it would to enforce capital punishment. A recent study commissioned by the Nevada legislature found that the average death penalty case costs a half a million dollars more then a case where the death penalty is not sought. Therefore it is not worth it.

• No it shouldn't

I know the US is not Canada but they are similar so i am taking my examples from there. It costs taxpayers more and about 4% of the time innocent people are being killed for crimes they did not commit. It's not like i believe we should just let them back out on the streets or anything instead we could give them longer life sentences and no chance of parole or something like that

• No, be kind.

No, because criminals are people too (even though they make stupid decisions) and everyone deserves a second chance even if they did do something really bad. Instead, I would suggest putting them in jail for a infinite amount of time so instead of reducing the population by more than 1000 people, they would learn that they're actions were wrong and regret them.