Should car companies like Tesla be allowed to sell directly to consumers?

• It's their choice.

Yes, companies like Tesla and other car companies should be allowed to sell directly to consumers, because consumers are capable of making good choices. Consumers do not need the government to hold their hand and decide what is good for them. Funny that it is freedom-loving Texas that has banned Tesla.

• Tesla should be allowed to sell directly to the consumers.

Tesla should be allowed to sell directly to the consumers. It should be up to them and them alone if they want to sell directly to the consumer. It might be easier for them to profit if they do not do this but this should be a decision for the company.

• Yes They Should

As a consumer, I love to look at car lots, they're fun to drive through and see what is available. The buying process is something I absolutely hate. The sales people are pushy and the credit options are poor and generally forced upon the buyer. I believe companies should be allowed to sell directly over the Internet. As a consumer, I would be far more interested in purchasing a car this way, than in the traditional manner.

• Car companies like Tesla should be allow to sell directly to consumers

In a true free market, car sellers like Tesla should be free to sell their car directly to consumers. They must abide by the same safety standards as other vehicle manufactures, so there is no reason they shouldn't be allow to market their merchandise in the way they feel is best for their business model.