• If we're dumb enough to give it to 'em...

Welfare money is functionally identical to actual cash. This means that, in the case of California, where they made it illegal to use EBT cards at casinos, those who are using them can go to the ATM next door and withdraw some money. It would be a ten minute detour, tops. When that money has been laundered, it's hard to tell whether it's from welfare money or a paycheck.
    In short, it would be very hard to enforce.

• We can only do so much, though.

Here's the thing, though: "Welfare money" doesn't look any different than cash money. In California, we've done the only thing possible to limit this happening, by making the use of EBT cards in ATMs at casinos illegal. But all that means is that someone has to get their cash before going to the casino if they're on welfare. It's not perfect, but it's a start.

• No welfare money should not be gambled

No casinos should not accept welfare money. Welfare money is paid by the government to help people who can't support themselves. If they are turning around and wasting the money at the casino then they should not be receiving welfare money to begin with. This is a major problem in our current society.

• Welfare is not gambling

This is a very good question, in my opinion. I do not think casinos should ever consider accepting welfare money. The idea is, people are gambling with the money they have earned from a real job, not from slouching around the house, being lazy, and collecting their monthly checks from the Government.

• Welfare money is for cost of living

No, welfare money should not be accepted at casinos. The government provides this money to help take of the recipient's family, not fund the recipient's gambling habits. There should be a restriction on what this money can be used for. If it is found that the money is being used for recreation such as the casino, then the money should be taken away and they should not be allowed to request assistance again.

• Casinos should not accept welfare money.

Casinos should not accept welfare money. That money should go to providing the necessities such as food and clothing, not gambling. I am not sure why a casino would even want to explore this option. Most people that are on welfare use the credit card and use extra cash on most things. So I would guess they would keep using their extra cash to gamble with.

• No, absolutely not.

The whole concept of a Welfare State is to aid those who cannot afford basic living standards. Surely if one has enough spare money to go gambling, they wouldn't need welfare money? If they do not have spare money, they should be spending it on necessities such as food, clothing and bills, rather than leisure activities such as gambling. Also, since gabling is addictive, accepting a person's welfare money would only encourage them to come back and spend more of the state and tax payers money on pointless activities.

• No, casinos should not accept welfare money.

I believe casinos should not accept welfare money. Often the money is needed to feed hungry children, not feed the addiction of a gambler in a casino. Welfare money needs to be used for basic necessities and not something as frivolous as gambling. There is already too much abuse of welfare, and this would just be another one.

• No, they absolutely shouldn't

Welfare money should not be allowed to be used at casinos. Casinos are part of the reason some people are lacking money as it is. I'm a supporter of the welfare program, but I don't think there is any reason it should be allowed to be used for something like this. Welfare is meant to help those who really need help and while that shouldn't mean they can't have any fun with it, there should be some restrictions and casinos are one of them.

• Why waste government money to gamble when you cant gamble it your self.

Lets get this straight, you are bad with money right? Most likely have a low paying job or none at all. But the best part is that your sucking my money so you can spend it to throw it in the trash! There needs to be no more statements to be made on this ridicules issue.

• That's A Definite No

That money is to help the poor and needy, with things that the poor and needy need, such as food, clothing, and other necessities. I say if you see these kinds of things charged to their welfare, take it away from them. There is absolutely no reason to allow this, at all.