Should celebrities be regarded as role models for teenagers?

Asked by: pages123
  • Yes they should

I know not all celebrities are good, they take drugs, swear, etc. But just because a few of them are like that doesn't mean we should generalize and say that they shouldn't. Some people look up to celebrities that help charity, support same sex marriage ( eg. Angelina Jolie ), help orphanages, etc.

• Some Celebrities are Good Role Models

Celebrities are good role models because they are good. Some celebrities follow the law, they don't do bad drugs. Another reason celebrities are good role models is because they help others such as helping the hurricane victims and helping poor people around the holidays. The last reason some celebrities are good role models is they send out positive messages to use kind words. I think Ellen Degeneres is a good role model because she fits the above.

• Celebrities are good role models

I think that some celebrities are good role models. For example, some are motivational speakers and others donate to charity and others just donate to charity and motivate students/kids to try harder in their life. Not like the other celebrities who drink and do drugs for attention or even alter their body so they could be a celebrity. So, these celebrities are good role models just because they want kids to look up to theme and not to be like Niki manage or Kim Kardashian.

• Celebrities are good role models

• Celebrities are good role models

• According to the Dictionary Definition, Absolutely

Meriam-Webster defines celebrities as "a person who is famous". These are some of the most well-known businesspeople, politicians, scientists and so on. People become famous by working hard at their goals and the fame tends to be connected to fortune. So in that sense, being inspired by Britney Spears is horrific, but being inspired by the likes of Steve Jobs is a wonderful thing. Having a mentor, both in-person and in popular culture can each give some form of auditing for lessons.

• Celebrities are good role models

• The Jenner's are bad role models.

Some Celebrities are not good role models.
    Because they do bad thangs like let's take the Jenner family for an example. They go out and drink and drive their cars. In reality, you cannot do the stuff they do. The Jenners have no respect for others. They are spoiled brats.

• I believe celebrities are not good role models because they think they`re better then everyone.

1 I don`t think celebrities are good role models because they think they can do whatever just because they are famous.

2 I think celebrities are not good role models because some celebs do drugs and do bad things.

3 I think celebrities are not good role models because they think life is hard because they have to deal with paparazzi.

• No Way, No How

Celebrities should not be regarded as role models for teenagers. In a perfect world, everyone who is "celebrated" would be a wonderful role model. But our celebrities are not! So many celebrities engage in irresponsible behavior that is deemed entertaining--drug use, promiscuity, and unhealthy lifestyles. Unfortunately, teenagers are still going to look up to celebrities. But it is our responsibility, as the adults in their lives, to show them what it really means to be a good person.

• There is no good role model

In a traditional moral view, no human is a good role model, other than Jesus, if he existed. Celebrities are only people who have done whatever they could to become popular. In most cases, they have broken many moral rules in doing so, and still break them to keep their fame. I'm not saying that celebrities are worse than the general public, I'm simply saying that they aren't morally good.

• Celebrities do bad things and are not happy themselves. There are better people to look up to.

Everywhere on the news, there are new reports of celebrity scandals. They take drugs, wear inappropriate clothing, and do many other bad things. Besides, celebrities do very little good for others and are not happy themselves. Look at all the celebs who committed suicide (Robin Williams). They appear happy to us but deep down, they're not. Instead of these celebrities, we should be looking up to scientists and innovators, or people who actually help others and make a difference in the world.