• Yes they are

Not all Celebrities are entertainers. People like Albert Einstein, Martin Luther KIng Junior and Nelson Mandela and many more. Most of those people have changed the world in a positive way and many people look up to them, those people have turned out fine. Celebrities aren't always bad they have changed the world we live in for the better. I rest my case.

• Positive influences as being a good role model

Teens who idolize a celebrity who doesn't give into such pressures as weight and drugs will likely benefit from their obsession. For example, if you choose someone who gives to charity, dresses appropriately, is on television or the news because of the celebrity's good deed and doesn't get caught drunk in public, the influence on you is probably positive. The celebrity might motivate and inspire you to give back to to your community.

• Yes, they should

Yes, they should. Celebrities need to be seen as individual people, and not as one whole group. I have read about and see interviews about many celebrities that go out and plant trees with the community, or will go to other countries to help the children with schools, and help people with housing. Those celebrities should absolutely be role models. They do so much good.

• Yes, they should

A lot of celebrities donate to charities and that can encourage people to donate to charities and help out where they can. They can also inspire people by their songs and the messages that they give. One example of this is justin bieber. And it can also inspire people to do good things such as not get in trouble. So they should absolutly be role models

• Yes, they should.

Celebrities need to be seen as individual people, and not as one whole group. I have read about and see interviews about many celebrities that go out and plant trees with the community, or will go to other countries to help the children with schools, and help people with housing. Those celebrities should absolutely be role models. They do so much good.

• Yes they should be!!!!!!!!!!!

I think they should because they already have like a thousand people looking up to them like kids that live in the street and the ones that follow them on face book or other sites so why not. This is why I believe that we should look at them like role models I mean look at Miley she was very popular and now even more so they should be role models.!

• Not all celebrities are bad.

Celebrities should definitely be role models. Yes, they often do take advantage of their fame, but for every "bad" celebrity out there, there are three good ones. I know that I have been influenced by celebrities in a positive way, and I really look up to them for influencing me. However, I feel that this topic is broad. A role model is someone that is admired, and I feel that many people admire celebrities that have a negative impact on them. I think that celebrities should be considered role models because they are people that have the advantage of fame and money to change the world.

• Definitely!! They can be great role models!

Celebrities inspire some people! They can send a positive message to people through what they do. For example, some shows have a moral to them like.. Don't lie, be yourself, don't bully and lots more!! Some say that celebs are terrible role models but it just depends who you decide to look up to. I must admit some celebs go a little to far and take drugs and alcohol, these are the people that maybe aren't such a great choice especially for younger children but if you don't want them seeing it, don't let them! Just be careful who you pick :)

• Yah huh! Why not?

They should be role models. If a teen or any regular person idolizes a celebrity, this action may depict and represent a positive influence. For an example, if a teen idolizes Jennifer Lawrence and she doesn't take or overdose drugs, a teen won't be that pressured to take drugs or dress appropriately. If they think Miley Cyrus as a role model, that's a problem. Parents should keep her away from their child.

• Not at all.

Often celebrities only let the public see their facade. This means us as an audience member does not get to see what they are really like, creating disillusionment. I think the best role models are real people who possess qualities we admire, like passion or determination. Just because someone is famous, rich and in the public eye it does not mean they have done something worthy of being there. You don't know what they are like when the camera stops rolling or what they say when they aren't scripted. I'm not saying that celebrities aren't nice, decent people, I'm questioning just how much of what we see is actually real.

• No Way Jose'

Celebrities are not above anybody to the point were we should idolize them. They are human beings that have an exceptional talent like singing or acting. A majority of these stars doing charity work is a publicity stunt, do not get me wrong there are true causes that celebrities take heart to but most are stunts. A majority of the stars are pompous a-holes that do not care about anything but themselves and their bank accounts. Do you or your children want to look up to them, if so take a deep look into yourselves and reassess your beliefs because you are shallow.

• Celebrities should not be role models

I think they shouldn't be our role models because its just a attraction that one has to their glamorous lifestyle.People are attracted towards them as they are popular in entertainment and appear in movies,TV,etc. Even if their outfit or lifestyle may be attracting , but their behavior,habits and respect towards others may be very bad. Most of the celebrities have a very absurd vision towards their fans and they think that fans are just useless. But they often forget that it is because of fans whom they are. So according to me celebrities should not be our role models.

• They should not be role models.

A lot of celebrities do lots of drugs to get rid of stress of all of their fans looking up to them all the time. When the public finds out, the teens- who are inspired by the celebrity will probably start doing those same drugs. No parent will want to have their own child doing drugs because of a celebrity. -

• NO, They should not be.

No, they should not. Celebrities can be role models to some people, but that does not mean they should be. It should depend on what exactly the person is looking for in a role model and the kind of behavior they are going to pick up on. Some celebrities do really awesome charity events, and help the community, but others might not do that. They are all still people so it depends on the individuals involved and less on the general.

• Fame raising today's youth?

Celebrities are too closely scrutinized and don't live realistic lives. They are mainly known for their mistakes and scandals. Do we really want kids to look up to these people who are doing drugs and stick thin? I know I don't. Their perfect image causes teens to take drastic measures to mimic their "idol" and often times they end up hurting themselves in the process. How they act not only reflects them but now how the kids act. No one ever corrects them when they make a mistake instead they get the front cover. Because of this kids see that getting attention is good especially if you get it in a bad way. Since they were never corrected how are the kids supposed to know that its wrong? They won't they'll see it as acceptable because no one ever corrected the celebrity. Celebrities are used as a way to hype up attention for anything. They are not real, they don't think that the law applies to them, and they think they can do whatever they want just because of who they are. They can be very impressionable especially on the younger children who haven't figured out their beliefs and values. In society everyone wants to feel accepted and sometimes what society wants is not what's always best for you. Celebrities are brought in to show people that they need to adhere to what society wants. Their little endorsement deals can also be harmful. Alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, clothing etc. The clothing is an issue because most of today's style comes from celebrities. They dress very scantily and inappropriately all because they want to show off what is wanted in society. This leads to kids dressing like strippers and hookers which would cause a rise in sexual activity due to the exposed skin. No respect for their elders because their idol doesn't need to respect anyone, they get the respect. You can't control what celebrities do but you can control what your kids do. Show them its unacceptable when a celebrity does something that catches the headlines in a negative way. The only way we can begin to save the youth of today is starts at the very beginning with their morals, values, and beliefs. Show them what is acceptable and most importantly who they SHOULD look up to. Teach them just because someone else does something that does not meant they are required to do that as well. Celebrities: good entertainers but bad role models.

• This is why

I've said it once I'll say it again celebrities are entertainers not role models. Celebrities are people not robots and they make mistakes just like everyone else. I'm not defending their behavior I am simply stating a fact. Children should not be looking up to then in the first place.

• Celebrities are normal people

The culture that exists in American society is the concept that we have to idolise those that shine. For children who are impressionable yes celebrities do have influence over their naïve minds but the problem is most celebrities are not people that should be things we base our values on. It sucks whenever child celebrities who had clean slates later have terrible and scandalous lives later in adult hood. Those who idolised them now have lost touch of that one person that they drew their values from. Suddenly debate arises that criticises their actions and transgressions. The thing is if a society that pushes for being yourself then why do they force celebrities into something they just aren't. You can't stop them from doing drugs or being the way you are no more than you can tell me that I should change. The responsibilities and this forced image we force on them further adds to the idolising of people. Stop trying to make something you once loved and idolised into something you want. We need to find new things to find our values from. What are we as a society that relies on looking up to people to find security. We need to find something to believe in that is positive. If you don't like what celebrities are doing the. Ask yourself this. Why should you care and why do you feel disappointed in these people. You never met them. Responsibility lies in the person to find things to believe in. Stop blaming other people for your poor decisions.

• No, they should not.

Sure some celebrities do some good, but it isn't the sole duty of celebrities to live up to our expectations on how they should act. Afterall they didn't become a celebrity by acting that way in the first place. Although they are highly praised they are still only human. They should have the choice of living their lives just like all of us do. If they choose so, great. If not, it's their life to choose, and not ours. So don't criticize them if they don't follow through with our expectations.

• No, they should not be role models.

I believe someone's role model should poses highly respectable characteristics, or be somewhat of a hero. Idolizing someone just because they are pretty, they have a lot of money or are famous, does not encourage looking up to people who are brave, like a United States soldier for example. They get almost no recognition when they are killed in combat but when a celebrity dies, everyone mourns. This is a sad concept we have here.