Should celebrity/professional endorsers of products prove that they actually use the products they endorse and its effectiveness ?

Asked by: 2cents4change
  • Celebrity/professional endorsers are PAID to project an IMAGE in order to add influence to a products worth.

Celebrity/professional endorsers are presenting a half truth or even a false truth. They present one product as cleaning their skin, erasing crows feet, whitening their teeth, ect ect, as an end all product when in fact they use OTHER PRODUCTS/TREATMENTS AS WELL and usually more HIGH END PRODUCTS or use high end products and treatments exclusively to achieve the result they are attributing to a lower end product promoted to the masses in never-ending commercials and paper advertisements. Proof is in interview in style magazines that when asked how they achieved their glowing skin or white teeth the celebrity endorsers states they use dentist office laser whitening while promoting at home gel strip to consumers as the product they use to achieve their results, they state booking high end spa treatments regularly while endorsing at home skin cream as how they get their glowing skin. As such I consider it fraud and should be prosecuted as a criminal crime against the company and the endorsers. The beauty industry is is most fraudulent but other products and treatments do the same. Even if they put in tenny tinny legal jargon at the very bottom of the screen, because it is so small and complicated to where a consumer can not make a reasonable judgement it should not deny them legal responsibility, especially when the endorser scripts are written promoting a false belief in the product/treatment. People expect MORE from their celebrities/professionals both occupational and athletic and so lead more credence to their words/opinions, and views.

• No not necessarily.

I think the responsibility of consumer shopping needs to be shifted more on to the consumer. If you buy a product expecting a result solely based on the recommendation of a celebrity, and can expect that the result should be met, then why can't a celebrity make a recommendation based solely off of the opinion of someone THEY know and trust, also expecting the result to be met. Consumer and celebrity endorsements are great, and can be very helpful, but since the legal obligation to deliver promised results lies with the manufacturer, I think it's wrong to try and shift that responsibility somewhere else.

I don't really see a valid way to enforce a law like that anyways. Morally, you should never recommend something to anyone that you are not experienced in, but legally I don't see how it's possible. People shouldn't cling to their celebrities as much as they often do. A think David Tennant makes a great "Doctor Who" and he has blessed many a Friday night in my household, but that's about where his bearing in my life ends.

He really was a great actor for that role in my opinion. What a guy.