• The cd should always have a label stating any explicit language and should be rated like movies.

However, I don't think that they should have to censor or remove bad words as long as it was rated. I think that stores shouldn't sell R-rated movies or music to minors. The music company should chose if they want a child audience by producing clean and respectful music. The words shouldn't be changed or blurred out if it is rated as inappropriate for children. So I guess I belive censorship to an extent, but the music should still be able to be produced unaltered as long as it is rated for mature audiences only.

Sorry if this is confusing to read, I was just throwing my opinions out without an order.

Thank you for taking your time to read my response. Have a fantastic day!

• Censorship is stupid

The parents should control what children watch or listen to not the artists the parents should act like parents and the artist should continue to do what he is doing. If a parent doesn't want their children to listen do a song, then don't let them listen to that song instead of trying to censor it

• Music is a freedom of speech to an extent

In the Constitution is clearly states that we have a right of free speech. And, music goes under that. Therefore, music artists should be able to say anything they want and what theme theme they want to talk about. We shouldn't alter or ban what a music artist says. We all understand what they're saying even with the censors. And at the end, swearing words are just words. It's part of every single person's life and we all eventually swear. No reason to censoThere does need to be censorship in music that is mainstream. If someone puts a song out in the local store where anyone can get their hands on it, or on television where anyone can watch it then it needs to be censored. If they just create it for themselves then they should be free of censorship.

• Music is a freedom of speech

In the Constitution is clearly states that we have a right of free speech. And, music goes under that. Therefore, music artists should be able to say anything they want and what theme theme they want to talk about. We shouldn't alter or ban what a music artist says. We all understand what they're saying even with the censors. And at the end, swearing words are just words. It's part of every single person's life and we all eventually swear. No reason to censor.

• Mainstream Music Needs Censorship

There does need to be censorship in music that is mainstream. If someone puts a song out in the local store where anyone can get their hands on it, or on television where anyone can watch it then it needs to be censored. If they just create it for themselves then they should be free of censorship.

• Censorship is stupid

• No to censorship.

The message of song s can get blurred with rap songs bleeping out. I know from personal experience that music can save your life, so why would we want to censor something that can prevent death? I think tbis would be a great diidea for th rest of the world

• No its stupid!!

I don't think music should be censored. For those who think heavy metal and death metal probably haven't given it a chance. Death metal bands are amazing and the people who listen to their songs feel better after it because of the messages these songs put out. Kids relate to these songs and feel better about life and they think it will get better and it usually does. I believe death metal is life saving for some kids. I know many people who listen to death metal. Ive listened to this music before and it made me feel better i felt like a ton of weight was taken off me. I was stress free. Music has always and always will be a way for people to express their self and how they feel. I've related to even a few rap songs believe it or not there is some decent rap songs such as mocking bird and when im gone both by Eminem. Im not biased to any specific genre. But the point is i think people would go crazy if not crazier with out their music. It calms many people down

• Music is artistic nature

I don't agree that censorship should be allowed in music. I mean music is artistic enjoyment not a source of speech. I mean how one feel about something is their own choice, but expressing something steerfull through music is not right. Music can really influence lots of people in lots of ways so it needs to be morally clean.

• Censorship should not be allowed.

As Americans we have freedom of speech. This right is already under attack, as people are less and less able to speak freely. Music is one of the last outlets where people can freely express their feelings. To censor music, unless it is for an age issue, would be wrong in every way.