• Any Inappropriate or non-educational graphic novels, especially manga.

I think educational graphic novels or comic books should definitely be allowed in schools because they get kids interested in social issues, historical events, science, ect. There are a ton of great educational comic books for students.

But the problem is that way too many schools feature "anime" and "manga" in their libraries, where kids can read them any time. Manga is hardly ever educational, and is almost always inappropriate in some way. A vast majority of these "books" contain profane, disgusting or just plain ridiculous images and themes that in no way should be allowed in schools, especially middle and elementary schools. Schools are supposed to be about learning. The only (good) thing you learn from anime or manga is... Well, absolutely nothing. At my school we are petitioning to the school board to ban them.

• Some Books Should Be Banned

A big reason that some books should be banned is that of racial issues. Some books my encourage racism towards groups of people. Another reason is because not all books are appropriate for certain groups of people. Small children should not be exposed to books with dirty language or books with sexual context. I know in my experience that there are some books that are "unchristian" and people should not be exposed to those type of things.

• Knowledge is dangerous

Some books, like the Hitman's Guide to Contract Killing, should be banned because people can use the book to execute a crime. There was also a book about how to build an atomic bomb. The counter-argument was that getting the supplies is hard, but that still make me profoundly uneasy.

• Most books should be banned.

Books contain violence, drug use and bad words. There are many more books to choose from in libraries. There could be presence of witch-craft. Political reasons. Not appropriate pictures for high school and middle school students. There could be many signs of racism for the book to be banned. Many middle school and high school students shouldn't be exposed to those things at such a young age.

• Getting rid of Explicit Books

The Library would be the last place an explicit person would go. An explicit person's hobby would least likely be reading. Normal, kind, good people read, but only normal, kind, and good books. You will probably see no one searching for explicit books, cause the word explicit itself means that it is bad.

• Some books should be banned from Certain libraries i.E. Elementary school and middle schools

As a kid I read a lot. Sometimes I had nothing better to do after school while waiting for the bus so I would go to the library and just look for cool books. If I had read a book such as 50 shades of grey before I turned 8 then I feel that I would have been very much changed at such an age, and not in a good way.

• Banning inapropriate books

Explicit books should not be displayed randomly in front of a childs eyes. It is nothing for them to see, and be scarred for life. Some books are racist and offend people, and some books are depressing and suicidal, and some are sexual, all of which should not be for a child to see ever.

• Yes to banning books.

Some books can have inappropriate language which is available to any teen or child at a school or public library. Also, the content of the book may not be suitable for the age group it has access too. Lastly, the book may be insulting, making fun of or joking about a culture or a country.

• Don't infringe upon free speech, but...

Libraries are funded by public money. As such, the books that they have should be books that are considered to be in the best interest of the public. This refers only to what the library chooses to stock based on the public interest-- I don't think any publisher should be barred from publishing a certain book or the like. However if certain libraries choose not to stock the book because it's objectionable, that's their choice.

• Censorship can be beneficial

Some books may not be appropriate for certain situations. 50 Shades of Gray is not an appropriate book for a high school library. Also, a book about witchcraft is probably not acceptable to a library in a catholic school. Therefore, banning books should be a case-by-case scenario in every library.

• Most books should be banned.

• This Isn't fair

I am a teenager and there is all this talk among parents about whether their teens should be able to read this or that. By the time your child is a teenager, he or she is exploring the world and coming across all kinds of controversial topics. As a parent, you need to accept the fact that NO MATTER WHAT, your child will one day learn about all of these topics, after all, you know about them. Prolonging the period of ignorance and naive innocence will do nothing for kids in the long run. These topics are discussed in many classes and by sheltering children, you are restricting their knowledge and which could constitute as abridging the freedom of speech. Once your child is mature enough to not be so easily influenced by these "inappropriate" books, there should not be an issue. Just because your child is not mature enough to read some books does not mean that you have any right at all to restrict the reading of many other students who are mature enough. It is completely impractical to try and control the environment that children live in. If it means that much to you that your child is not exposed to any kind of controversial, influential or opinionated material for many years to come, I would suggest dealing with it personally between you and your family. You have no right to take away valuable reading material from other students who simply want to learn from these stories and take away knowledge about the world as it is now or how it once was in the past. All the violent or challenged things in this world will come to light for everyone and pretending they are not there or trying to erase them instead of embracing them and learning from them to look forward for a better future is not the answer. Our opinions shape our actions. Some of the greatest people on this earth have looked at their environment and formed their own opinions against society. To be our OWN individual people, we must expose ourselves to these things and think for ourselves. We must face the things that scare us and instead of hiding from them rising up to defeat them. This is what I believe.

• Censorship is ludicrous.

Nearly every country places bans on books they believe to be obscene in some manner. Governments have been known to censor books that they believe embarrass, criticize, or threaten them. Throughout history, religious scriptures have been banned or censored in several cities and countries. This practice has somewhat diminished in democratic civilizations, but literature is still threatened.

• For those who agree, have your opinion but don't take away other peoples' freedom.

I believe books possess amazing ideas. One of the greatest gifts my parents gave me is the gift of books and the ability to read whatever I like. Kids should be able to be open-minded to all books. No book deserves to be silenced. Even if it is, that won't stop us. We'll buy the banned book at a bookshop. People who ban books are like people on diets who get mad at someone for eating a doughnut. It doesn't affet you. If you don't like it, don't read it but do NOT take the freedom of reading away from people who love to read.

• Banning books is banning ideas

The only reason people want books banned is because they are afraid of the ideas expressed in them! Books are a chance for your mind to wander and for you to try and accept a new idea, if only for a little while, so when people want to ban books like Slaughterhouse-Five or Harry Potter, they want to make sure their children wouldn't go thinking these "un-Christian" thoughts. If you're looking for a book to ban, how about the Bible?! It has tons of killing and sex and violence!

• Are you kidding me?

Banning books is typically a method to protect youth's innocence, but really it's just protective parents awkwardly avoiding their kids' accost to matters that make them uncomfortable. Not only is it selfish, but it also jeopardizes their overall education. Homosexuality and other controversial issues is a part of everyday life, and for someone to attempt to censor such subjects from younger society is absolutely ridiculous. These issues are anything but monstrous and censoring them only shows lack of respect and prejudice. Just because one group of people feels uncomfortable with a certain subject does not in any way mean it should be restricted from everyone else.

• No Banning! Definitely not!

You shouldn't protect people from reality. Just because someone else has a different opinion than you doesn't mean you can throw out their idea. People should learn to be more open-minded! Also, books are our best teachers. They teach us history, compassion, social skills, vocabulary, new ways of thinking, and a million more things to be mentioned. Books say things humanity needs to hear. They make a point, teach a moral, and inspire us. You can't ban books. It would be about the worst thing ever!

• No Banning! Definitely not!

• These books can get non-readers interested.

Many kids do not enjoy reading and only read if they are forced to, however, they take delight in other types of books or series. As for instance, the "Percy Jackson" series will capture many readers attention, due to combat in the book. However, this combat will still not be enough to hook some readers. Many comic/manga/anime books hook a massive amount of people. If a book gets a person who does not like to read, reading, then so be it. Kids should be able to read what they want. Some content may be inappropriate for some ages, but not for others, it is not fair to take away these books for the more mature/older kids. I also often feel that kids maturity is incredibly underestimated by both society and parents. Many would classify all kids of an age equal in maturity, but the truth is, all kids have different maturity levels. Another thing is that many people consider the maturity of a 5 or 6 year old that of an 11 or 12 year old thinking that "of their just kids, there's no difference" but there is. So one maturity level will be different from the rest, meaning that they may be able to read these more mature books. Just so you know, I'm 12 and I'm writing this letter. In yo face!

• Should certain books be banned from libraries

No sjfjfjffjf f fj s jj ff s fa fia af eifh e f fsdjzf fnvvn n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n nn n n n f.