Should Charlie Rangel be held accountable for calling the Tea Party a group of "white crackers" and comparing them to Racial Segregationalists?

Asked by: natertig
  • I agree that Charlie Rangel should be held accountable.

While I believe the Charlie Rangel can speak his mind, I don't agree with the statement he made and believe it can be perceived as an offensive statement to a group of people. I don't think however that a statement like that should lead to anything like someone losing a job over it. The statement may be offensive but he also may have the right to say what he thinks.

• Its largely useless

It makes little sense why, after so much time has gone by, Rangel should be held accountable for this of all things. Rangel has had a number of ethical allegations brought up against him in the recent past, and its somewhat amusing that of everything, a racial comment has elicited large controversy.