• Cheerleading is not all Pom-Poms

Cheerleading is actually a very dangerous activity if not done properly. Just as a footaball player can get a concussion on the field, a cheerleader can fall from the top of a pyramid, or get hurt just by simply falling incorrectly from a jump. If cheerleading is not a sport, than neither is gymnastics or acrobatics.

• It is a sport

Dance is considered a sport in a way, and cheerleading is exactly the same. You have to learn routines, you have to be agile and certainly not everyone can do it.
    People say that it is only for 'bimbos' and 'dumb blondes' but a lot of people cannot dance at all and a lot of cheerleading requires a lot of training and some knowledge of gymnastics.

• Without a doubt.

To excel in this activity, a person must be physically fit and have considerable endurance. Many of those who participate in this sport, spend as much if not more time working out, then the team players they often cheer for. Anyone who has ever participated or watched cheer competitions at any level, knows that this is a sport or athletic activity.

• Cheerleading is indeed a sport.

Cheerleading may have emerged as a promotion for other sports players, but today, it is no different than synchronized swimming or marching band in terms of athletics. If you've seen professional cheerleaders, you'll see that what they do is not just chant rhymes or wave pom-pons. They are serious dancers and gymnasts. They deserve as much dignity and respect as any other kind of performer.

• Cheerleading is a sport!

A sport is something that requires physical activity and competition. There is this thing called "Allstar Cheerleading" and it is competitive, in fact, they go all the way to WORLD competitions! Cheerleading has an element of gymnastics, with all the flips and handsprings that they do. Also, cheerleaders do stunting, which involves throwing people up into the air! That requires lots of skill.

• Of course cheer is a sport!

Cheer is just like other accepted sports - for example, having practices that are hours long, representing schools at competitive events, and risking injury are all characteristics typical of cheer that make it a sport. It requires the exact amount of dedication of drive to be a cheerleader as it does to be, say, a basketball or football player. Obviously, cheerleading is a sport!

• Cheerleading Is A Sport

Cheerleading is an intense physical activity in which involves many dangerous stunts. Cheerleaders are often expected to work out at practice (i.E. Running, etc.) 3-4 times a week to stay in best physical condition before weekly games. Also, many people consider bowling and golfing to be a sport (when a person in a wheelchair can do such things), so why not consider cheerleading being one?

• As a main cheerleader i believe that cheer is very much a sport

Imaging having to spend 5 hours a day,6 days a week,putting your heart and soul into something you love,then having it be discriminating against. When most people think of cheerleading, they think of giggling, peppy girls but in reality,Cheerleaders are a group of hardworking students that get good grades and are learning how to bond and trust each other.Some people believe that cheerleading may not be a sport,They disregard it because it's usually something that's showin as an additional sport to basketball or football but I beg to differ because the same amount of hard work goes into cheerleading as it does to basketball or football.

• Cheer is a sport.

120 pound girls are thrown about 20 feet in the air doing flips and then rely on the four girls underneath her to catch her. Football players, for example, throw a 2 ounce ball and most of the time, aren't even caught. People who say cheer isn't a sport think about the stereotypical cheerleaders; idiots who wave pom poms around. Although, we are so much more than that.

• I am a cheerleader and there is much more to it then people really think

No one can say cheerleading is not a sport because even though the main purpose is to cheer on the crowd and the second purpose is competition in the second purpose you are cheering on the croud with is using the main purpose in a different way but just competing

• No of course not

Cheerleading is not a sport. There is no competition. No talent. Skimpy outfits. Waste of time. Just another excuse to let your daughters parade around in skimpy short tight fitting spandex. Exposing her to the world to be stared at by perverted. So you who say yes need to become responsible parents.

• Cheerleading is not a sport

You only cheer for other team. You put on makeup ,you do not get points and there are no rule. If cheer leading is a sport then football teams and other sport teams should NOT have cheer leaders.I will agree that it involves physical activity, but that alone does not make it a sport. I agree they work hard but how hard is it to jump and scream not very hard

• You can't score cheer

No not a sport no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• Not a Sport

The verb to sport meant to have fun at first. Following this definition, anything that is fun would be considered "sport". However, by modern standards I do not believe that cheerleading should be considered a sport. I will agree that it involves physical activity, but that alone does not make it a sport. Games such as "tag" or "capture the flag" involve physical activity. Also, all sports have a certain goal in mind to achieve victory. The only point of cheerleading is to do flips and cheer, which is not a real goal in my opinion.

• Cheerleading isn't a sport

Because cheerleading is not always competitive but all other sports actually are competitive. If cheerleading were a sport, less people would do it because the only reason people do it is because its not competitive. It takes different physical needs that are not exactly competitive "skills". Not everyone knows how to play basketball naturly but it doesn't take much to be able to do a split.

• Cannot be Compared

Cheerleading does involve physical activity, but can it really be compared to sports such as water polo or rugby? It should not be put in the same catagory as these sports that have an actual objective, whereas cheerleading does not. Sad to say it, but their routines are almost equivalent to that of a strippers when they are not doing stunts. I can shake my butt too, but I don't go around calling it a sport. I play water polo and I can definitely say that my practices are 100 times harder than theirs and I am not worried about looking cute during one of my games.

• Cheerleading originates from "cheering on" men's athletics.

At best it is a niche sport. But certainly won't ever be any kind of mainstream sport.

Also, there is a reason that women have their own division in every popular sport they compete in... The vast majority of Men are simply bigger, stronger, and faster than their female counterparts.

• I'm kinda on the fence with this one...

I know their is such a thing as competitive cheer leading. So really it should be considered a sport, I just don't like the fact that most people do consider it a sport. If cheer leading is a sport then football teams and other sport teams should NOT have cheer leaders. People are their to watch the other more interesting sport not see you scream and jump around.

• Cheer? Not a sport.

Depending on the type of cheer . I agree they work hard but how hard is it to jump and scream not very hard . I admit that competitive cheer is hard , but if it was a sport , how come the government said it wasn't. Cheer leading overall isn't a sport but id say competitive cheer has the possibility to become a sport

• No drink bleach

Just cause its not a sport femeinsts just drink leach plz i beg you do us a favor already sorry but you are not equal to men ok just under stand this you dumb femeinist bye hope you understand remember drink bleach you dumb feminist im serious really. Ok just do it