• Like it or Not Cher Belongs in the Hall of Fame.

Cher whether you like or dislike has made a name in the music industry. It would be a hard fight to say that she hasn't changed Rock and Roll in some for or another. Therefore, I believe that because of her contribution to the industry she does belong in the hall of fame. It should be for those that make an impact not just for those that everyone really likes.

• Cher is a maverick

Cher may not be the greatest singer of all time or sold the most albums but she is a maverick and an icon in her own right. She started from nothing and built an empire through hard work and determination. She did not allow herself to be placed in a box, but instead branched out into the field of acting to garner thought provoking roles. She is a rock and roll star who took the road less traveled and for this I believe she should be honored in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

• The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is for legendary performers.

When thinking of legendary rock and roll performers, Cher may be one of the first artists that come to mind. She's been on the music scene since the 1960s and since then, has always remained fresh and original. She deserves to be elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

• Yes I agree

Absolutely Cher should be elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! Whether you like her music or not, I think her contribution to the music industry is undeniable. She is a strong woman and a great role model. I look forward to watching her get inducted - hoping that will come true.