• There is nothing negative about Chess.

I am a high-scholar & actually re-started the chess club. I started the Chess Club because I'm good at it. But, that wouldn't have happened if I wasn't in All Honours Classes. Chess is built on your foundation mostly at school. Different subjects teach different skills. Some important subjects this game promotes is Mathematics, Critical Thinking, Planning Ahead & Strategize. This sport involves a lot of thinking & planning like how we do in real life. This IS a encouraging game, it is not for intimation. Chess is always a game to try out. It is not hard to play! When you start to try anything in life; it IS Hard, but humankind has been able to adapt. IT IS understood some will struggle & need more time, however each single one of you have the SAME potential as long as you put your heart out to do so. In conclusion, do not be discouraged, it is as simple as just trying something out. (If you are a young adult, hear me out) Don't quit if something is hard, NEVER GIVE UP! -Anonymous
    Follow me on Clash of Clans (phone)
    @[ED] DKLL
    Follow me on Tanki Online (PC)

• Teaching chess will encourage kids to think.

I am all for teaching a game that requires critical thinking skills. Chess is different than most games, it focuses purely on strategy and since it is an even playing field with no luck mechanics, the better player will always win. With it being a class, I am going to assume passing will depend how well you do in it. This will encourage students to outsmart others by coming up with new strategies and adapting to better opponents. Developing such critical thinking skills will help them later in life to succeed.

• Chess is Yes.

Unlike the FPS game nowadays (i.E. Call of Duty, Halo, etc.), chess requires strategy. You don't simply aim and press a button. This game of wit might be slow-paced for some, but it can be truly appreciated by people who actually play games to exorcise their minds. (I like Call of Duty, just to be clear. The ultimate purpose of a game is to have fun. But chess combines fun and smartness, which is great.)