Should Child Soldiers Be Given Amnesty In A New Country?

Asked by: BlueTiger1124
  • They dont deserve to go through what they be going through

The should be given amnesty because they are forced to go into the army/military. They have no choice but to kill or be killed . And some of them are drugged and have nothing else to do but kill. Some are sexually abused just to kill. But they could run away, but some are scared to run away.

• They should be given amnesty because they didnt choose there life

They are forced to be child soldiers. They are forced to do drugs and kill. And drugs made people addicted and they are kids so they cant resist it as much as adults do. Theses kids go to be a soldier becuase they starve they need a shelter somewhere to stay somewhere to be. They have no familys they are killed to kill there own familly . Its not there fault . You guys should read the story a long way gone by ishmael beah . Its a memoir .. He shows his life and how it was when he was forced to be a child soldier and his family was killed and he was given a second chance in life he got better hand i s now with his wife he is not kill shooting doing drugs he is asuccesful man because he put his mind to it

• Yes they should.

Its not their fault. I you are drugged and want to save your family and friends you would make the same decision. Some of them have to join or risk putting their love ones in danger. Some more of them have no where to go or are just token from their home.

• Help them out.

I think that they should be given an amnesty and I have a few supporting reasons, one reasons is because they are still children, children learn fast so if they are put in a proper facility they could slowly but surely start to heal. Another reason is, has anyone thought about their parents, anyone's child could be taken during a terrorist attack and forced into being a child soldier, if not dead their parents would probably be hoping that their children return home safe and sound. If your own child was taken and forced to kill then arrested by the police, would you just leave him/her to their fait in prison or even in another country, would you just watch your own child being arrested and say " He/she killed someone, they don't deserve to be saved or pardoned for their actions." So let them have an amnesty, not just for them to start a new, but also for their parents who might be crying and looking for their children.

• Help them out.

• Yes, they should get amnesty.

They are brainwashed and just need to be shown love.

Girls get used and raped.

They get tricked into getting into the rebels' army, they get told they would get money and they end up critically injured.

They also get forced to use drugs and kill innocent people like their family.

• Allow Amnesty Please.

They had a choice protect their community or die Imam take the first choice. I think that most of you would too. The drugs huh without it all that killing would make them go crazy at that age. The thing is It's kill or be killed , so inn that situation I'd kill too. Besides that they can't just runaway they went to the army for protection so why would you be mad at them for doing what the people who protect the community are doing. The army for the us kills so that we don't die that is similar to the case overseas. The only problem is all the adults are already fighting so they need kids to fight too. Charles C. Hay was the youngest person who fought in the civil war with an age of 11 years old. That was as young as what the overseas people were doing. The U.S wouldn't have kids fighting unless it was necessary. You have to think about in their shoes kill or be killed, and drugs or go crazy. If you think about it like that I say kid soldiers deserve amnesty.

• Yes they should

I believe that they were pushed into this life. They had no choice but to fight. Also they were fighting for their country so it's once again not their fault. These child soldiers are the scapegoats of this issue and this needs to stop. Once again child soldiers should be granted amnesty on a new country.

• Because they were not the ones to be forced into this life.

These children are most likely fighting for something that isn't even okay to them. They are forcefully killed, forced to take drugs and forced to fight. These kids should be forgiven while we know that its not their doing for going into the armed forces. They were forced, by their superior so it means i could happen to anyone below them.

• Because they need respect because they worked hard on killing those people

Kids are taking drugs. (and thats not bad because I do to) but they are and there is nothing that we can do to prevent it from happening that means that we need to do something about it. So we need to go and fight the children and make them our slaves ok? Are you with me? LETS GOOOO!!!

• Child Soldiers Should Not Be Granted Amnesty

I see that all the people who are under this argument are not very educated on all the details of child soldiers. All I keep seeing is that they could have run away but in truth that is not all it. The child soldiers that were in Uganda, and Sierra Leone, still show signs of violence even after being granted amnesty. See, when someone has lived with violence for half of their lives, they will continue to do what they were t

• Death can be an option

We should just put them in jail because I agree that I wouldn't want a bunch of trained soldiers ready to kill me at any moment just running around my neighborhood also there are lives at stake people over 1.5 million people are dead because of these soldiers in Africa. And who's fault is that not our fault I know that for sure so why waste our time trying to figure this out when there is a clear answer since America doesn't have a first hand look at this and most other countries don't either so we don't understand them like Africa's government does or Iraq's government does that's why we other countries should stay out of it and lock them away.

• Why would you want killers to be free?

I know you’ve thought at least once about terrorists, but have you ever thought about child terrorists? Believe it or not, there is no way a child soldier has not been through a brainwashing or mind altering experience. Because of this, most have a killer mindset that puts anybody or anyone in danger, even though they are just children. Obviously, if they have a killer mindset, they should not be given political freedom (also, it is very expensive, risky, and takes a very long time to get any child soldier back on their feet). So overall, unless a child soldier is not somehow a threat, they should not be given amnesty. Below are descriptions of why I believe these things.

Firstly, imagine a brainwashed-by-drugs boy killing innocent people or participating in a mass massacre. He survives, and gets caught by the US Army; so the boy wouldn’t kill more. He is still a danger and even though he is just a boy, he has the capacity to kill many more innocents. Why would you give any killer amnesty? Now, although I do believe child soldiers should not be given amnesty, they do get abducted by terrorist groups and are forced to kill. Most of the time, it is also not their wished to do bad things, and they are drugged and sometimes sexually assaulted by commanders. Here is a quote said by Scott Gates and Simon Reichs: “Many child combatants grow up in a world where brutality is the norm. The result is a violent gift that repeatedly

Secondly, not everyone is familiar with the issue of child soldiers, as they are mostly in poor or still evolving countries (usually in Africa and the Middle East). Even though it is a big issue that has just come around, it seems to only be America “taking part” in whether to control or help child soldiers. America does have a lot of history with “helping” other countries regardless if they do not want help, as this is why many countries do not like America. Because Americans are already disliked by doing this, it would be a good idea not to even go into other countries, capture children, and set them free; as this would definitely create conflicts.

My last reasons why I stand on the No Amnesty side is because it’s expensive, risky, takes a very long time to get any child soldier back on their feet.

• These kids have chances to run away

When they are alone they can easily run away, but if it's not my word than look at books made about this stuff. . . .. . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . .. . . . . . .. . . . . .

• These kids have chances to run away

• These kids have chances to run away

• These kids have chances to run away

• Child soldiers should not be granted amnesty

Child soldiers should not be granted amnesty because they will do what ever the person who is in charge says even when to kill people and when to attack there village and they will not listen to anybody but the person who is in charge and they would never betrayer them or they will die.

• Of course not!

Although some children are forced to kill, many of the child soldiers join and kill willingly... . . . . . . . ... .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

DATXDUDE says2015-11-08T19:48:52.387
Does anyone actually disagree with this?
BlueTiger1124 says2015-11-08T21:57:26.737
Yes, there are many people who believe children should be punished for serving in foreign militaries DATXDUDE