Should Child Soldiers Be Given Amnesty In A New Country?

Asked by: BlueTiger1124
  • Yes, They should be given amnesty.

What if you were in these children places. What if your own child or family member were in the shoes of these children. A innocent child, living life just like everyone else, is getting dragged into a war they have nothing to do with. They are victims of a war that started way before their time. A lot of people are saying they shouldn't have amnesty but these are children at the end of the day following an adult with his or her own reasons. They are also being drugged and beaten to do these horrible acts. But, if they don't they die. These children have lost their families, their lives, childhoods, and morals.

• Desensitization and instincts

Even if they do kill people they were being exposed to harsh enviroments drugs and deaths being told that its ok some are told to go to the military if they're parents are killed and others are forced they follow the oficials blindely because they are adults i rest my case

• Most of them don't even know what they are doing.

When child soldiers come into the camps they are given drugs and they are brainwashed so many child soldiers don't know what they are doing. When people say they don't want child soldiers to be granted amnesty I get what they are saying; people do think that child soldiers should be locked up for life because they killed many people, but they don't really know what they are doing so we should give child soldiers a chance to do good

• Votes yes for those that have already suffered.

Any and every child should be granted amnesty. If this were your child I'm sure you would want them to be helped not locked away. A child does as they are told and that's not there fault for only doing what kept them alive. They have suffered enough so vote yes.

• Yes, they should be granted amnesty,

These are just children and believe it or not, they deserve a second chance at life. It is to my understanding that these kids are forced into non-imaginable things that take control of their mental state and can ruin one's life especially for children at a younger age. If you really think about it this world is a painful place and these children have been through enough.

• They should be granted amnesty.

Child soldiers should be granted amnesty because they are quite often under the influence of drugs like cocaine. They are also always under the pressure of there commanders forcing them to kill and commit these crimes and they have no input. These child soldiers should be pardoned and excused so they can start over.

• They should be granted amnesty.

• Yes they should

Child soldiers around the world are being forced and manipulated by their commanders to kill their families and friends. Child soldiers don't have the chance to act on their free own will. They are being manipulated by taking drugs and it is the commanders fault for taking action to kill people.

• Yes they should

Their life is being controlled by others and they don't have a chance to make their own decision. These child soldiers around the world are being forced and manipulated by using drugs. Kids don't have the chance to act on their own free will. So yes, child soldiers should be given amnesty.

• No amnesty TO THEM

Why would you want killers to be free? I know you’ve thought at least once about terrorists, but have you ever thought about child terrorists? Believe it or not, there is no way a child soldier has not been through a brainwashing or mind altering experience. Because of this, most have a killer mindset that puts anybody or anyone in danger, even though they are just children. Obviously, if they have a killer mindset, they should not be given political freedom (also, it is very expensive, risky, and takes a very long time to get any child soldier back on their feet). So overall, unless a child soldier is not somehow a threat, they should not be given amnesty. Below are descriptions of why I believe these things.

Firstly, imagine a brainwashed-by-drugs boy killing innocent people or participating in a mass massacre. He survives, and gets caught by the US Army; so the boy wouldn’t kill more. He is still a danger and even though he is just a boy, he has the capacity to kill many more innocents. Why would you give any killer amnesty? Now, although I do believe child soldiers should not be given amnesty, they do get abducted by terrorist groups and are forced to kill. Most of the time, it is also not their wished to do bad things, and they are drugged and sometimes sexually assaulted by commanders. Here is a quote said by Scott Gates and Simon Reichs: “Many child combatants grow up in a world where brutality is the norm. The result is a violent gift that repeatedly

Secondly, not everyone is familiar with the issue of child soldiers, as they are mostly in poor or still evolving countries (usually in Africa and the Middle East). Even though it is a big issue that has just come around, it seems to only be America “taking part” in whether to control or help child soldiers. America does have a lot of history with “helping” other countries regardless if they do not want help, as this is why many countries do not like America. Because Americans are already disliked by doing this, it would be a good idea not to even go into other countries, capture children, and set them free; as this would definitely create conflicts.

My last reasons why I stand on the No Amnesty side is because it’s expensive, risky, takes a very long time to get any child soldier back on their feet.

• No amnesty TO THEM

• They are still criminals

As long as a person has a weapon and evil intent they can be classified as dangerous. In Sierra Leone child soldiers committed acts of rape, mutilation and mass killings of civilians. Why should charges put against adult criminals be different against children who have been responsible for mass killings and the death of many innocent people? Many children also are victims of the war themselves and have experienced more trauma, fear, and intense emotions than most adults have. Many child soldiers are also put on drugs, their arms are cut open and the commanders rub in a drug called Brown-brown, a mix of cocaine with smokeless gunpowder. These experiences leave children traumatized and mentally unstable. Children can’t grow up like this and leave them unable to live a relatively normal life.

• Even if they are children they are still criminals

• Child Soldiers Should Not Be Granted Amnesty

I see that all the people who are under this argument are not very educated on all the details of child soldiers. All I keep seeing is that they could have run away but in truth that is not all it. The child soldiers that were in Uganda, and Sierra Leone, still show signs of violence even after being granted amnesty. See, when someone has lived with violence for half of their lives, they will continue to do what they were t

• Death can be an option

We should just put them in jail because I agree that I wouldn't want a bunch of trained soldiers ready to kill me at any moment just running around my neighborhood also there are lives at stake people over 1.5 million people are dead because of these soldiers in Africa. And who's fault is that not our fault I know that for sure so why waste our time trying to figure this out when there is a clear answer since America doesn't have a first hand look at this and most other countries don't either so we don't understand them like Africa's government does or Iraq's government does that's why we other countries should stay out of it and lock them away.

• Why would you want killers to be free?

I know you’ve thought at least once about terrorists, but have you ever thought about child terrorists? Believe it or not, there is no way a child soldier has not been through a brainwashing or mind altering experience. Because of this, most have a killer mindset that puts anybody or anyone in danger, even though they are just children. Obviously, if they have a killer mindset, they should not be given political freedom (also, it is very expensive, risky, and takes a very long time to get any child soldier back on their feet). So overall, unless a child soldier is not somehow a threat, they should not be given amnesty. Below are descriptions of why I believe these things.

• These kids have chances to run away

When they are alone they can easily run away, but if it's not my word than look at books made about this stuff. . . .. . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . .. . . . . . .. . . . . .

• These kids have chances to run away

• These kids have chances to run away

DATXDUDE says2015-11-08T19:48:52.387
Does anyone actually disagree with this?
BlueTiger1124 says2015-11-08T21:57:26.737
Yes, there are many people who believe children should be punished for serving in foreign militaries DATXDUDE