Should children be able to use social media sites?

• Yeah, if they are mature!

I mean why not? So they can talk to their friends after school and on vacation and see what their up to and on some social media sites they can play games together, Just have a parent in control of their account that's all, i don't understand why everyone is so mad about it, just don't friend people on Facebook that are kids, who would you know that is a kid anyways?

• Us parents can protect them

Simply if we say no they won't stop but now Google and all sites have safe search and with all the new tech parents can download Facebook's new app which connects their child and their parents so that they can control the post their are post in .Similarly in whats app parents can control what they text and so the aren't typing inappropriate stuff or if they have a boyfriend

• Us parents can protect them

• No they can’t

I think kids shouldn’t be able to use social media we as parents don’t know what they are looking at and kids even though they look at something inappropriate or bad they find a way to hide so that we can’t see it when I ask for my kids phone and check there history I find nothing inappropriate but me as a mom I know

• I kind of agree, but disagree.

That 11 year old kid has a good point in what you might see, but I kind of think that students should have a phone at least because parents might be gone and kids might need entertainment. I also think that kids should at least have good social media, but not everything in this world is appropriate for kids or even adults to see. I am 13 years of age going on 14 and I don't have a phone or social media because I can see things that I would not like to see and I don't need to have a phone if I don't need it. I also disagree because kids could actually need a phone and social media because not every place in this world is safe, and there's things that could be done.

• I think in my opinion no children should not have a social media account.

Look I am 11 years old and I don't have Instagram, snap chat, Facebook or any one of those social media apps but I know somethings that effected kids like people bullying and people killing them self's just because they are not perfect or because someone say's something about them. Which in my opinion does not sound good at all. Some kids are very sensitive and you might not know that and some people try took look cute and beautiful and try to cover them self just to be like everyone else. One of the reasons why is because some kids are just not mature and sometimes things might pop out of no were and it might be something inappropriate that you saw and you laugh about it when it is not funny.

• Yes they can

Because it can help kids learn from their mistakes and they will learn that it is good or bad for them and take things from there and if that doesn't work then they should try some less social media but still social media they can use educational social media.For them.

• Yes they can

• Yes they can

• Yes they can

• They simply cannot handle it

I myself am only what is considered a child, and I believe that social media websites should not be used by children. Simply put, children cannot handle the responsibility it takes to have these sorts of accounts. I am fourteen, soon to be fifteen, and I myself have been irresponsible with social media. I have advertised myself using tobacco, marijuana, and alcohol to the public which is simply irresponsible. I also know plenty of adults that use social media irresponsibly. Kids do not think when it comes to what they post, what they say, what they like, and just what they do over social networks. They may think that it's just a joke but I have seen many people, including myself, suspended/ expelled from school sports, charged with misdemeanors/ felonies and just simply ruin their lives over social media. The only socialization I feel that children need are extra-curricular activities and then when they become mature enough and show that they are responsible enough to handle social media then they should be allowed to use it.

• No, it ruins their childhood

So you really want to see 7 year old gangs? What the heck! If they use social media, they will be exposed to many inappropriate ideas and language. If you were a parent, would you want your young kid having sex (this might be a little extreme) or discussing the latest Miley Cyrus outfit? Some people think the modern teenage generation is bad, but what if 7 year olds act the same way? Eeek! Underage sex would in fact rise in numbers and popularity. Young children should NOT be exposed to our inappropriate culture.

• Unaproprit things save the kids

There thing kids should not be able to see adolds mack bad dishons asper when they are drunk!I mean do you want your kids seeing and telling there frendsi mean bad parting your kid will not have ane frends becase they always tock about inaprit things they would gro up to be sad and deprstand have no reson to do any fisk acktid and diy short life. Now do you real want that?For us kids you need to put a titer grip on them or you will be living long then them.

• I kind of agree, but disagree.

• Yes they can

• They simply cannot handle it I myself am only what is considered a child, and I b

They simply cannot handle it I myself am only what is considered a child, and I believe that social media websites should not be used by children. Simply put, children cannot handle the responsibility it takes to have these sorts of accounts. I am fourteen, soon to be fifteen, and I myself have been irresponsible with social media. I have advertised myself using tobacco, marijuana, and alcohol to the public which is simply irresponsible. I also know plenty of adults that use social media irresponsibly. Kids do not think when it comes to what they post, what they say, what they like, and just what they do over social networks. They may think that it's just a joke but I have seen many people, including myself, suspended/ expelled from school sports, charged with misdemeanors/ felonies and just simply ruin their lives over social media. The only socialization I feel that children need are extra-curricular activities and then when they become mature enough and show that they are responsible enough to handle social media then they should be allowed to use it.

• Kids should not be able to go on social media.

Kids would get distracted would rush through their work get bad grades it they don't already . It can lead to cyber bullying and suicidal thoughts. I personally know someone who was cyber bullied and didn't want to any thing else but not go any were. In all i think no