Should children be allowed to choose whether or not they attend school?

• School is stupid

Well going to school is just waste of a kid's childhood.I myself am 19 and I chose to quit school after my high school and pursue my dream.If a child wants to become let's say a painter or an actor, going to school won't help him/her much.Instead let the child join a painting class or an acting course.Thats all.

• School lowers self esteem

School can ruin a childes life. Sure they learn but they don't have time to bond with there family's. Kids are perfectly fine when they are home schooled. Also kids miss out the fun in witch life throws at them. If we force kids to go to school they feel like slaves. Kids should be able to chose whether ore not to go to school

• School is dangerous

I think kids should be able to choose to go to school because half of the kids get bullied and then don't even want to go to school and lots of kids get strep and the flu and other deadly sickness. Also schools have P.E where they play dodge ball and baseball and lots of kids get heart Ouch. I highly think that kids should get the choice to go to school.

• School is a way to condition people to be slaves or slave owners.

Yes a kid should choose. What the hells the point of having free will that god gave us? What does school teach more then anything? It teaches you to listen to authority, stay in line, ask to do something, act how they tell you to, dress how they say, speak only when they say its ok. And if you dont you get in trouble. Now i know why im scared of doing things even tho i know theres no victim from what im doing. You even get in trouble as an adult for not wearing a seat belt, for smoking pot, for jay walking, for letting your grass get to long, for raising chickens for eggs inside city limits. Big business and gov love us going to school to learn how to be good slaves to the rich. And we work just to eat and to have shelter, and if we pay a house off we still have to be a slave so we can pay taxesor our house will be took from us even tho we own it. Bamm suck on that its the truth.

• Yes, children should have the choice to stay with their parents and not go to school.

I am 16 and school has really ruined my life. My life, I would say, was the 100% best when I was 4 years old right before I had to go to school. Also the summer vacations were absolutely awesome!
    Kids should at least experience school for a year and if they don't like it, they stay home.

Most of my life has been in school and is separating me from my parents and my brothers. I wish so much I could be with them for my entire childhood. I wish we were able choose whether we wanted to go to school, because my life would have been better by 100000% or even way higher.

• Yes, Children Should Have A Say In Their Education

We expect so much maturity and responsibility from children, yet adults do not like to accept that children are not pets, but rather humans capable of logical thought.

Whereas education is vital to children, it does not necessarily have to be attained in a traditional school setting. Thousands of children have flourished in home school and un-schooled environments. They have gone on to achieve great success in college and in careers. Similarly, children for centuries have received excellent education from tutors.

Many children enjoy home schooling because it need not have the rigid structuring and scheduling of traditional school. Having this extra free time allows for more healthy exercise while still meeting and often exceeding all the educational goals and milestones.

Children should not be able to choose to never be educated, but they should be allowed to have a choice in which type of school environment they would prefer, and good parents should encourage them in this self-assertion, rather than forcing them into subservient roles.

• Schools help with anything

I've spend 11 years in high school and i say kids should have the choice to go to school or home not to be force to attend bullshit community. Good moments in a kids may happen at school with their friends, but the best moments usually happen out of school with family and friends they just ruin kids dreams and future they make kids weak. Parents are the strength not some fuckin weak ass school and i say once i graduate from high school getting the fuck out of here for good cuz i dont have time for some pety ass bullshit from teachers

• No need in High School

As a 16 yr old i have so much stress with grades and all of that. I feel like it is important to know basic math, how to read, and other basic stuff to survive when an adult. But since im in high school everything i learn i forget a month or so later. It is not fair for teens and children to be forced to do something that will be useless in the future. I dont want to learn biology and i dont want to learn algebra and most importantly when will any1 use these things unless it is specifically for teaching or science. What im trying to say is that children are forced to do everything adults and powerful people want them to do without any choice. I hate high school because the teachers force us to do stuff teens dont want to do and if they dont do it or do well with it they get a bad grade which then affects getting a job that definitly has nothing to do with cells and what different cultures are like. Everyone who went through highschool knows that they were forced to do a subject they were not going to use in whatever career they wanted to be in. P.S. Sorry for the (really stupid subject) grammar mistakes.

• Sometimes its a personal reason.

When you think about it, In the school description on the Neenah Joint School District website, it states "We are a community of approximately 950 energetic and exceptional 7th and 8th grade learners." If you look at it in a statistically way, 1 in 5 children (20%) have mental health. If your school has around 950 kids then that means that at least 190 kids in Shattuck have mental health. 5.13 percent of these children have depression. If these kids were suicidal or were weighed down by their mental health, are you telling me you would still make them go to school? 6.65 of these students have anxiety, 0.95 percent of Shattuck kids have some form of an eating disorder (I am one of which) 35.15 percent of these kids have a mood disorder, 81.7 percent have ADHD, 9.5 have dysthymia, 10.45 percent of Shattuck kids have autism, 26.6 of your students have smoked and have cigarette dependence in the past month, 125.97 percent out of 950 children commit suicide, 33.33 percent of kids self harm. If any children in these statistics asked for a mental health day because they need it, would you say no? By saying no to any of these children who need a mental health day, you could be making it worse. Only 480.7 ask for help per year. By saying yes to a child who needs a mental health break, you could literally be saving a life. Of course, with these problems with bullying, problems at home and other personal problems as addition, we shod be able to decide what we do with our life. Yes, school can help you but if we are so 'free' why can't we TRULY and COMPLETELY decide our life?

• Kids Have Choice!

Kids should have the choice to attend school or not because school was mainly created for people to learn to read, and now it's depersing! They get bullied, and most of the things they learn they are going to forget! They should learn by parents, and reading books for future!

• School is good

Hey you people we need to go to school to get a good eduction with out this we could not have all the jobs we have .This whole world could not be happing without an education because we would not have are doctors. Thank you people for reading this. Thanks

• Children should not be allowed to choose whether or not to attend school.

Whether to attend school or not is an important decision to make. Adults, whose brains are more developed, would consider the matter more prudently. Children, on the other hand, would not give the matter of school more thought. Almost nine out of ten students would decide to drop out of school because it cuts into their free time. Nonetheless, school is not that a simple decision to be made. Attending school or not requires serious thought, and children would not know the advantages of school. They would only keep thinking that school cuts into their play time, has them studying nearly all the time, and that teachers may punish children. For that reason, adults must make the decision whether the child would go to school or not. Also, not many children would agree to go to school right away. Many would choose to opt out of school. However, that would unbalance the society’s education. Due to the lack of students, many teachers would lose their jobs. Many schools would have to close. Due to the lack of competition, the society would be less civilized. More wrongdoings and crimes would appear do to the lack of teaching between right and wrong. Books, inventions, and new discoveries would not be found easily, and the world would likely become filled with dim-witted people.

• The amazment of school

You know on ceartan days how school is boring but you still pay attention. You will nead that education someday to feed your faimly.Do you want to be poor and be asking random people for reasors you need to survie. You sould tell you kids to go to school. Thanks

• No, children should not be allowed an option about going to school.

Children are required to go to school until a certain age; in high school they are allowed to decide. Even then, it's sad that any choose to drop out of school. An education is very important for getting a job, and the higher the level of education, the better job and more income a person will make over his or her lifetime.

• Must Attend Shool

Going to school is healthy for the potato bro i am writing this because of Mr Potato's Behalf So pretty much that Mr Potato is very smart and he is the leader of the Bros and the Bros are people that are too awesome for words to even describe so YOLO

• Failed Economies Interrelated to Failed Education

Children are not capable of making this kind of a decision. Ensuring that we have an educated youth is key to any country's future. An educated child, is a later to be employed individual. An employed individual, is one who contributes to society and does not live off of others. Education also fosters tolerance of others.

• No, they should all go to school!

The only thing the children will have a say in is what school they can go to. They shouldn't be able to choose whether or not they can attend school. Education is important for children at a young age. A child with no education may not receive the necessary skills to simply live life. That's my 2 cents.

• Not up to Them

Children should be given the choice on whether or not to attend school. That decision should be left up to the parents. A child has no idea how an education will benefit their future and most won't realize it until adulthood, it at all. It's important for all of us to receive an education from a young age.

• Children Should Not Be Allowed To Choose Whether or Not They Attend School

Children should not be given the choice as to whether or not they attend school because they do not have the life experience to make such an important decision. Assuming that the requirement to attend school is for children 15 years and younger, it is absolutely necessary for all children to attend school. The school environment provides rudimentary, necessary educational skills that foster brain development and the ability to function in a society where reading and mathematics are crucial. Additionally, the school environment helps children develop much needed social skills that will assist them throughout life. School provides children with structure, academic learning and challenges, and the tools to navigate society throughout their various stages of life. Given the chance to opt out of attending school, I know of at least one six year-old that would not want to go anymore because, as she puts it, "I don't like school because it cuts into my play time."

• Just no !!!!

I know that school can be a pain for kids but I still think they should go to school. Trust me I'm still in school. It will help kids get better Jobs. And yes actors and artist still need to go to school. Now I know everyone has there own way to think about this topic , but could you try Just thinking the way we do ? Plus kids make friends and learn about the real world all in 13 years !!! How about that !!