Should children be allowed to enter beauty pagents?

• Yes. They Should :)

Yes. I believe that if you want to be in Beauty Pageants, then be in them. Who is to stop you? As a person who actually watches Toddlers and Tiaras it show little girls from ages 4-12 and how they get ready and what they do at pageants. Also, when doing pageants its hard work. You can’t just prance around on stage, there is a lot of preparing and determination to get the crown. Although beauty pageants are expensive, you want your kids happy and if they want to be in pageants you should let them.

Being in beauty pageants isn’t all that bad. It can give you a career in the future like modeling. Even if you are only 6, if you already know what you want to do in life, why should it matter? After all, your age is only a number. Why are people trying it hold back kids from what they love doing? Is it because they are jealous they didn’t get these opportunities when they were kids, so they take it out on us?

I get it, that some people think its wrong that 6 and 7 year olds are wearing thick makeup, fake spray tan, and big hair. But, being in beauty pageants gives them a slice of adulthood, and it eventually it will help out in the future with competition. There are also different categories in Beauty Pageants, there isn’t just prance around the stage and look pretty.

Lots of children compete in Beauty Pageants every year, and to be able to be 5 and say “I won the Overall Grand Supreme Title” is pretty huge for them. Also being in competitions and not winning shows and helps children to be good sports. Also in my research about this topic, people were saying that “They aren’t being modest, and look to old for their age” or “Children beauty pageants are incredibly disturbing on a number of levels.”

• Yes, but only if they choose to.

I have heard of so many cases when children's parents force them to do the pageants. Yet I have about children that love the pageants and simply adore them! They love being all dressed up and feeling older! Then one of my friends cousin is in beauty pageants but she hates it! She is amazing at it but of course she is a tomboy!

• Confidence Booster for the kids

If they enter beauty pageants, kids get a confidence boost if they win. Even from participating they get an adrenaline rush from standing up in front of a crowd and practicing their public speaking. They help children become more confidence and more sure of themselves. Some people may argue that they make children depressed, but it can have the opposite effect

• Yes they should.

Kids should be allowed to enter beauty pageants. If a kid want to enter it then they should have the option to be able to participate in beauty pageants. Parents should not force their kids to enter them, but ask them if they want to enter a beauty pageant or not.

• Beauty pageants are fine, as long as regulated.

I think that children should be allowed to join beauty pageants as long as they are moderated and regulated well. I think that the nature of the pageant is a little superficial but there is nothing dangerous there as long as the parents know how to handle the kid there and do not abuse the situation.

• We sould be allowed

Beauty pageants are fun! Us Girls get to have their dreams of being a princess come true. It's not something that everyone can do, so why try and take that dream away from them? Most people don't get their dreams turned into a reality, but the ones who do, people shouldn't try and take that away from them.

• Children should be allowed to enter pageants only if they want to.

As someone who is horrified by the child pageant shows that are currently being shown on television, I think that a child should still be allowed to compete, but only if they truly want to. Too often we see parents forcing their kids to enter such things, and that's wrong.

• Everybody says that beauty pageants are bad for kids but I think they are wonderfull

I have no idea why some people think is all Beaty pagents ard is just spoiled brats And when I have kids I kids if they would wanna do it I’d say yes it’s ridiculous that some people don’t understand the meaning of beauty pageants that my opinion
    On beauty pageants

• Yes children should be able to enter beauty pageants

I am a 7th grader at Indian mound middle school I believe kids should be able to enter beauty pageants becauseIt helps children overcome stage fright and it's a friendly competition and it helps with child development participating in a beauty pageant helps. Children overcome stage fright.It also gives them an opportunity to showcase their singing dancing and communicating skills and parents often enroll their children into beauty pageants in order to encourage them to dream bigger want and expect more from themselves I hope you respond to me soon

• Why it's good for kids to be in Beauty Pageants.

Childern should be able to enter into Beauty Pageants because, it can help shy kids and build up their confidence and no longer being shy ever. Also, at least the kids are not on their electronics and some kids like mine, like compition, plus, it will make kids happy and excited to do it.

• No! No! No! No!

BEAUTY PAGEANTS ARE STUPID! I seriously dont get the point. And that was going to be the end of my argument but this STUPID computer is telling me to write 20 more words so. . . . . . . . . . .
    BEAUTY PAGEANTS ARE STUPID! And im right so listen to me. Rrrrrrr 4 more words needed.

• It's the inside that counts who cares about the outside

What does it mean to be Beautiful. Does it mean to have the prettiest eyes or the hair with the most volume or even the best clothes or does it mean to be generally a good person. Every year young children are taught in Beauty Pagents that what matters most in on the Outside not the inside. That´s why things need to change. In a society filled with judgement based on looks beauty pagents for children keep encouraging this message. For these reasons I believe Beauty pagents shouldn´t focus on peoples physical appeance but the whole person.

• It effect on their health

Kids at the age of 5 or 6 are actually on diets which is really bad for their health and start to change their perspective of the meaning of beauty they think its all about the makeup the hair the shape the size and stop worrying about whats on the inside instead of the outside that"s why beauty pageants should be banned!

• Strive For Perfection

Putting young children in Beauty Pageants is a cruel, injustice, inhumane action that kids should NOT have to go through. It forces them to strive for perfection, when no human being who has ever, is, and WILL ever walk(ed) this Earth has had an ounce of perfection in them. Also, if a contestant so young loses the Pageant, there is a VERY likely chance that they will feel for the rest of their lives or for a long time that they are not good enough, when there is no reason whatsoever that they are not.

• Destroy kids confidence

If the child doesn't win beauty pageants they may believe that they are not good looking and could give them mental issues such as depression as well as that it could make them insecure which would give them problems in the long run where they will have anxiety which could lead them to a negative life.

• Destroy kids confidence

• They are to young+ doing make up is not good for their skin!

THEY ARE TO YOUNG+ DOING MAKE UP IS NOT GOOD FOR THEIR SKIN!
    These are the reason WHY they shouldn't be allowed to enter beauty pagents:
    1. They are too young!
    2. Doing make up is not good for their skin!
    3. Their parents won't be happy after the beauty pagents!

• Do you really think it is a good idea?

A little bit of competition is great for children, but not if the competition is who is the prettiest? Imagine the 20 little girls that didn't win! They will feel so upset with themselves, and will spend all their time worrying about how they look. Losing will destroy their self-esteem. Children are supposed to be able to be children, not being caked in expensive makeup and fake tan

• I completely disagree

I say that kids under 13 should not be able to enter beauty paents. You would not want your kid prancing on stage to please someone else for her looks. I would want kids to feel pleased for who they are and not having to put on a lot of makeup to make others pleased. Did you know entering a single beauty paget can cost from 3,00 to 5,00 on average. That money could be used for college or having a successful career. One of the last reasons is it lowers their self confidence. If they don't win they would start wonder like, am I pretty enough or should I just quit. There is a difference between healthy competition ad being put into a pressured situation. Most the time the parents force their child to be in pagents. As you can see beauty pageants can ruin a kids life.

• No no noooo

Young girls shouldn't be put through the stress and frustration of beauty pageants. Also, they put a bad image in young kids heads to think it's what's on the outside the matters and not what's on the inside. This makes kids believe that they need to be skinny, wear tons of makeup and wear the best outfits. To me a kid shouldn't be put through that, they should just be a kid.