• Opinion from a 14 yr old

Well I’m 14 yrs old and I’m not allowed to curse Ik it’s gonna sound like a stupid child saying that we are equal to but my parents are so strict when ever I say shut up damn fudge crap or anything like that it pissed them if I get annoyed and really pissed of. To me Ik that there trying to protect ur but I mean to that extent. When I mentioned a drug they were like how do u know that and I’m like I just do. I think kids should be able to curse but to a extent the shouldn’t be swearing left and right but I mean to show frustration

• Seriously Why Not?

Adults curse all the time, Kids should do it too. Just because they are younger does not mean they should always censor themselves. They are only just words just like any other. I just don't understand why children can't curse. Hopefully my message gets across and more adults hear what i need to say.

• Just a word

I think children should be allowed to curse. Maybe younger children shouldn’t curse in a large public area and everybody should probably stay away from saying the F-word in large public areas, but cursing can help with anger and when you really think about it- it’s really just a word.

• Of course they should

I understand that some words might be disrespectful, but why don't we let them learn? Let them get it off their chest and if we treat words as bad things then they will only want to use them more. If we treat it normal then they probably will say it less.

• We need to stop caring!

The worst that could happen is they speak some English/ whatever other language. And words are just words! People these days are so triggered by a single word! Words people! Words! And everyone who tells a kid to watch their language is just being a hypocrite! And these words are called bad words because a person went out there and said "don't say these words, they are bad!" Who cares what a guy said over 1000 years ago!

• It helps deal with anger

Cussing is a great way for everyone to deal with anger in a non-destructive way. If kids are struggling with home life they could either cuss like shit and get that anger out, or do bad stuff and get arrested or hurt. Adults are such hypocrites when they cuss but get pissed when us kids cuss.

• Of course yes

Children should have freedom of speech. I'm 12 and i don't swear but I want to. Every one should have freedom of speech. Adults do so why cant we? I understand when at school kids do and sometimes it is like a chain reaction. That's why I believe parents should tell their kids not to do it in public and what cuss words they are allowed to say or not.

• Depends on age

I think kids should be able to cuss! I am 10 and I cuss at least 20 times a day! And my parents don't fucking care! But I think you should be at least 10 years of age. But I am lucky because I could cuss since I was 6 years of age! (And I drop f and s bombs every day.)

• Opinion from an 11 child

We should be able to say what ever we want with out judgement its just words and besides I got into trouble for saying SCREW what am I meant to say? Jesus Christ this is so damn annoying we need to express, joke, shout at, etc anyway we want when ever we want.

• The need to vent some how

I think kids should be able to swear. After all they need to vent there feelings some how and another thing if it's alright for adults to swear ( cause after all we as adults are suppose to be examples to the kids in words and deeds.)than it is most definitely ok for kids to swear

• I am 27, and children should not be allowed to swear.

I see a lot of answers saying that curse words are just words. There are many words we don't say because words have meanings. The N word, and certain homophobic terms are off limits because they have meanings. I never swore in front of my parents. I am 27 now, and I still don't swear in front of them. Do I swear? Yes, sometimes in the car or around certain company, but I can turn it on and off very easily. My husband on the other hand was raised were he was allowed to swear. He swears like a sailor, and I have to remind him, especially around kids to use other words. To him it is like any other word, and I don't think that's appropriate in certain situations.

• Please censor your kids!

Some parents may not realize it, but swearing is a big thing to kids. They learn from their parents and think it's okay because they heard it from the people they learned everything from. I remember a long time ago when I first swore, I was playing a game with my parents and brother, I lost and the S word sort of slipped out. My brother, who is four years older than me and was old enough to swear at the time, was laughing along with my parents, but I went bright red and burst into tears. I was traumatized. But that was only because I was raised well. Today I laugh at that story, but I still hardly ever swear. Also, when I became fifteen i got my first job as babysitter and i was babysitting a four year old and he had even more of a foul language then i did. I was greatly shocked and disappointed in the mother. However i did not confront the mother because i knew if i did i would lose my job, instead i told him that dropping F bombs is wrong. Please censor your kids at parks and beaches and in public period. Every time i go to the beach and or park, i hear adults swearing and i think about all of the little kids who could be hearing that and are probably going to repeat them and get in trouble though it is not their fault. I've learned from my mistakes when i was younger, and now i want all of the parents to do the same. Thank you for your consideration.

• Imo i say no

Not a strict no but flexible one meaning i can understand if sometimes it slip out. The reason why i would not let my children cuss is because i feel like it makes them look cheap like someone mentioned before. Plus restricting it shows them discipline and last they will have plenty of time to make that decision when they are on their own but if they are home the no i don't want to hear it.

• The Bible states in Psalms don't let bad language come out of your mouth.

Their is no point in cussing. Many people do it because others do it and it makes them "cool" but truly cussing has nothing to do with popularity your awesomeness is nothing . Cussing is very inappropriate and is no reason for it not even when your mad. That's no excuse.

• Oh heck no

At school I'm so used to kids cussing more than adult it is so shocking.I think kids cuss to be cool but instead they are peer pressured to and when they start saying one cuss word it leads to another and when they keep saying it they will be used to cussing.Kids at school are trying to look cool but I think its effecting society.So no they shouldn't

• Oh heck no

• No, children should not cuss

It mostly all starts around middle school where I am. The first year I was very open up to cussing words when on the bus. Kids would yell the F word and the H word then more people started and towards the end of the school word the back was full of the people a nice kid would not would not want to hang out with. In conclusion, Cussing for any age of kid should not be allowed and more important is a bad influence to good or ok kids. Now that I am heading into my second year of middle school I will be more open to it and much will the other kids it depends on the people we hang out with to know how are future will lead us.

• Not a chance!

In my opinion,I strongly believe that kids should not cuss because it will hurt other peoples' feelings depending on the conversation. I.E "f*** this stupid pie grandma!".If they continue to do this, they will have a high chance of having a bad reputation,and even they're boss won't hire them ever.

• Absolutely Positively Not

Children should not be allowed to curse because it causes a hot temper. This could hurt children as they grow older and can interfere with their job and college. Having a foul mouth and a bad temper can get you kicked out of college and fired on your job. CHILDREN SHOULD ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NOT CURSRE!!!

• Absolutely Positively Not