Should children be allowed to watch TV during school weeks?

• I say yes yes yes!

I am a 6th grade student and even I need a break. Adults think we can't have a break on school nights just because of the way they were raised. They think we're supposed to be raised the way they were. I mean like really, I can understand not watching TV on certain weekdays but come on, not at all, no that's stupid. I am supporting this because parents don't think we need to be crazy and watch dumb things at times to make us laugh after a long day. That's my opinion.

• We are awesome.

Am I the only one who thinks that elementary school was easy? I watched television when I was young. I think I studied or brought homework home about two times between kindergarten and 6th grade. I am an A student and the top 10% of my class. If you don't let kids have a break, they aren't kids any more. Obviously teach them to be responsible and whatnot. Make sure that if there is any work they need to do, that it eventually gets done. You also have to keep in mind that this is elementary and middle school we're talking about. These things should not be hard for kids. It shouldn't take from 3:30-10 every day for a kid to do his or her homework

• Children are awesome.

TV for kids on school days! I think kids should be allowed to watch TV on a school day because they will finish homework faster because they will be happy to finish the homework so they can watch TV. I think they should be 9 years or older to be responsible to do homework well and can watch TV.

• TV for kids on school days!

I think kids should be allowed to watch TV on a school day because they will finish homework faster
    because they will be happy to finish the homework so they can watch TV. I think they should be 9 years or older to be responsible to do homework well and can watch TV.

• It relieves stress.

Students should be allowed to watch TV because they will want to because of the stressful day they had just came from. Students that play sports would be training and would be so tired. Kids that play instruments should watch TV because of all the movement and covering them they would be so tired and stressed.

• Kids should have a break!

I always work really hard to keep my grades at a good position, but I need a break. I am not like other kids who watch shows like Good Luck Charlie or A.N.T. Farm. Those are episodes that are not educational. I only watch things like How the World was Made or scientific movies that are nonfiction. I like science and I think I should be able to watch these programs. It is fair for me because I can learn from these movies. I also watch movies like The Bourne Legacy, but you don't always spend time with work. You should have at least 12 hours of free time.

• I believe that if children keep up with their required school and home chores, then television is not a detriment to them.

I believe that by allowing children to watch TV there can be more things learned and more family interaction than if you disallow it. It seems to be punishing the child without the child having done anything wrong.

Posted by: JazzyGilberto99
  • Am I the only one who thinks that elementary school was easy?

I watched television when I was young. I think I studied or brought homework home about two times between kindergarten and 6th grade. I am an A student and the top 10% of my class. If you don't let kids have a break, they aren't kids any more. Obviously teach them to be responsible and whatnot. Make sure that if there is any work they need to do, that it eventually gets done. You also have to keep in mind that this is elementary and middle school we're talking about. These things should not be hard for kids. It shouldn't take from 3:30-10 every day for a kid to do his or her homework.

• I think children should be allowed to watch TV during the school week, with guidelines.

The privilege of watching television during the school week, can be used as a reward for those children who have difficulty being motivated to complete homework assignments, or carrying out responsibilities assigned to them in the home. Parental supervision should be used to make sure the programs their children are watching are age appropriate.

Posted by: DesertedBrent
  • Children should be allowed to watch TV during school weeks.

Children should be allowed to watch TV during school weeks because television is a valuable teaching tool. There are a number of educational channels which can be used to augment classroom materials and give students a view that may be different from that of their teachers. Finally, television is also an entertainment medium, and children should be entertained.

Posted by: JamieM
  • too much tubes

No,students should not watch tv on schooldays because it you cannot laern anything if you are siting and watching tv.Anoter reason studuents should not watch tv on schooldays is that if they don't watch tv they would learn and get Aplus on their test.Also another reason one reason students should not watch tv on schooldays is to read always read.you should not play video games,computer games,and tv.You see if you watch tv all day long you can fail your test its impotant to study and get an Aplus

• It will improve in education

Instead of watching tv the child can read books which will help in education and he will improve his reading skill and during the school weeks they should not see tv it will harm their concentration skill also so I will say that child should not see tv in school weeks

• Children Shouldent Watch TV the School Week

I think that kids shouldnt watch tv during the school week. First of all it messes up their thinking process. It has a negative impact on their life no matter what they say. They dont do their homework and then their grades drop. When they dont do their homework when they get home thay have to stay up late and finish it and then they dont get enough sleep to function properly.

• Children Nor Adults Should Be Allowed To Watch TV On Any Day Of The Week Unless They Are Absolutely Alone

I know that children should not be allowed to watch TV on school weeks. I know that TV is a terrible influence on people and people should try to avoid as much as they can. I have always hated TV. I never watch TV. However, my stupid father is obsessed with his damn TV and watches it every single day in the afternoon and night. He has bought 4 very expensive LCD TVs. What a freaking waste of money and space?!!!! Who the hell needs 4 damn TVs in one house?!! Not to mention that he uses only one TV most of the time when he is busy disturbing us. I am fine if that idiot wants to waste his life watching TV shows, but he disturbs me as well as everyone else by watching TV as loud as possible to make sure he gets a "cinematic experience" when he watches movies and stupid TV shows the whole afternoon until he takes gets tired somehow from just staring at a stupid screen and listening to loud audio. I think the Internet would be much better than a TV if he is bored. That is why I use the Internet instead of watching TV. In fact, he always has access to the Internet unlike me becuase he has an iPhone with him all the time. I am using my mother's iPhone to access this website right now. I do not have access to the Internet always and I still do not resort to turning on a TV. I want to turn off his damn TV every time, but I am afraid he will yell at me for it. As I am typing this message right now, I hear him watching TV downstairs very loudly. I try my best to avoid TV, but it is hard to escape from something that surrounds you. I am helplessly subjected to the TV against my own will. He forces me to be subjected to that crap. He also watches very grim shows that not only distract me when I am trying to study and do my homework, but depress me. He is very obstinate and arrogant. He watches TV and does not care if I get disturbed by it or not. Despite the fact that I keep getting disturbed every day by him watching TV, he still watches TV regardless of what anybody else tells him. My mother and brother also hate it, but they are also too scared to turn it off. I want to raise awareness about the problems of watching TV and curb this habit in everybody else. I am glad I got to share this problem of mine with anybody on this website who may come across this debate. I hope you read this post.

• Less TV Makes Happier Kids

I'm learning that if you reduce the amount of time children watch television, it allows for more time to communicate with them, teach them, and spend quality time with them. They appreciate the time and attention. It also helps them to understand how important it is to spend time with each other and value family and time together.

• No But Neither Should Adults

Nobody should watch TV on school weeks not just kids. Stop mentioning kids when discussing TV. Kids are not the main people who watch too much TV. In fact, men are, especially fathers. I never watch TV, but my dad watches TV all night and it disturbs me. He is the biggest TV addict in my house. I have always hated it and tried to persuade him not to disturb me by watching TV. Nevertheless, he disregards my thoughts and does whatever he pleases. Men are probably more blameworthy when it comes to TV obsession. I am offended by your mentioning of children in this debate as it sounds like you are prejudiced against children. We are just trying to live comfortably in this world and have freedom like everybody else. Instead, we get dominated and controlled by everybody else who deny our liberty and freedom.

• Watching Television Cause Heart Problems!

If you watch television during school weeks, they will be not studying. They will just watch television and become fat and do you know that if you watch television for more than 2 hours every day, cause heart problems like heart attack. Any proof? Yes, according from The Guardian, watching television cause heart problems.

• Kids need to learn.

If kids don't learn they will be so crazy. So kids need homework during the week. Even if they are kids the need to get in a good school for a good job. So that is why I think no television during the week. I hope that everyone thinks that I am right.

• We should not watch it.

We shouldn`t because than the kids wouldn't be able to get grades and the kids wouldn't be able to pass the grade and also they would not be able to talk to there when they flunked a grade. So rather than watching tv we should just do more homework and learn.

• It is USELESS!

It is not so good for children to watch TV because it ruins children's eyes then they will have to wear glasses for their whole life. It will put useless stories and ideas to children's brains then they might get crazy or lazy. That will happen to adults too if they watch too much on TV. VOTE for NO everyone!