• Parents should be able to decide for their children

Parents should be allowed to guide their children into the religion that they follow. If they are not happy, they can always convert afterwards. Usually, a child would be happy as a part of the community of the religion their family follows;it means you have more of a connection with your family.

• Yes children Should be baptised

It's they're own choise to be baptised or not , it's they're choice what religion they want to be in. Every one is different , life would be boring if every one was the same . Children should choose what they want to be and why they want to be that person . Children are the future

• It's Biblical

Acts 2:37-38; 8:12; 18:8

Entire families were baptized in Acts, servants, women, children, INFANTS and all.

In a sense, it's like vaccination. Despite the fact that a child does not understand why a needle is being jabbed into him, or what smallpox is, doesn't mean the parents should not take action. the parents know better than the child, and act on behalf of the child's well-being.

• Yes.

Children should be baptized as a child so their soul does not perish in purgatory if they do die. And if the baptized child chooses to join a different religion, so be it that is their choice. But this is simply my opinion. Everybody's is different, but hey, it makes the world go round.

• Yes.

Children should be baptized. My main argument for this is so the child can grow up and be able to marry in a church with less hassle, if that is their choice. The child needs some spirituality early on in life. It is the parents responsibility to do this much for the children.

• Yes, children should be baptized.

As a parent, I should do all I can to ensure that my children will go to heaven. When they were young,I had them baptized, took them to church with me, read them Bible stories. I understand that when they grew older, they might choose other beliefs and lifestyles, but I know I gave them a solid upbringing and a relationship with God. I think spiritual nurturing is just as important as physical and emotional caregiving.

• Yes, Children Should Be Baptized

Children should be baptized into the religion by which their parents would like them to be influenced. Of course, all things should be fair and equal because people are different, and no parent should be forced to baptize their child. However, if a parent has a firm belief in their religion, and they would like to raise their child with the values of that religion, the parent should definitely baptize his/her child.

• Start of indoctrination

Let them make their own choice when they are old enough to make an informed decision. It is unfair to impose beliefs on a child who is unable to make an informed decision. Some Christian will surely object to this but they really need to take a good hard look in the mirror...

• Mormons inflate it's number of members because it won't allow it's baptized members to be off their attendance. Ever.

I am no longer mormon but an 8 year old mormon child has pretty much no choice but to be baptized with its members telling the child he/she will not go to the highest heaven otherwise. When the child grows older and wants to leave mormonism, either a letter or a crazy intimidating court involving a 'jury' or 18 men is imposed in order to excommunicate. Even still, an excommunicated mormon is STILL counted on it's attendance. It's impossible to fully remove yourself from Mormonism after baptism.

• Religion should be Illegal till you are 21

I personally wish that I had the choice to get baptized. If I had the choice I would have passed. Athiesm is an interesting perspective. When you have the chance to have that perspective, honestly with yourself I think many people would take the Athiests road to freedom. When you are baptized it usually means you have religious parents, and you have 1 frame of mind growing up. Unable to view the world from a godless perspective. You will very likely be the same religion as your parents, and pass the same behavior on to your kids. This is how religion grows, because we were lied to from the get go, as were our parents and our parents parents. This creates an environment where thinking beyond our scripted childhood becomes difficult.

• Authorative way of knowing.

Children -especially infants- are told as a fact that God is real because someone who is in higher power over them e.g. parents, priests have told them explicitly. This is known as an 'authorative' way of knowing. This information in no way has been conceived by the child by intuition, but has been drip- fed and forced upon them. Therefore baptizing a child would be simply enrolling them into something that they have no particular views on.

Comparing it to a vaccination, protecting them in whatever comes in the afterlife is illogical. So, what, is little Timmy over here going to perish in purgatory simply because he was not born in a devoutly religious family? A smallpox -jab is not knowledge and experience. A smallpox -jab is not a religion. A smallpox -jab is an immunisation with rather minimal consequences in most cases. The parents allow this because deciding against it is simply ludicrous (unless you wrongly believe they contribute to autism). However religion is heavily debated, and has many views which the child can pick on their own.

Feed the child knowledge from all walks of life, not just the one that you happen to believe.

• No they should not

Children should not be baptized. If it is such an important part of someone's life or their religion, then I do not believe young children are old enough to make such a decision. Some babies are baptized, but that is completely up to the parents and not the child. Some children are baptized, but that is only because -- if it is even their choice -- parents tell them to do it or tell them how "great" it is to be baptized, and children can be impressionable. So I do not believe people should baptized unless it is entirely their choice.

• Baptism is for Believers

Some denominations baptize children as a symbol of God's grace. Other people believe that only adults or those who are old enough to profess their salvation in Christ should be baptized. I believe that baptism is for professing believers. Most children are too young to make this decision, and infants definitely are too young.

• Religious freedom

A child does not have much knowledge about any religion, and therefore should decide if they want to be baptized later in their life. When a parent is forcing a child to get vaccinated, they know that it is good for the child. However, when a parent forces a child to be baptized, if it is good for the child or not is based on faith and doing so without the agreement of the child harms their religious freedom. However, the child likely does not even know what religion is back then, so they should decide later in life.

• No, Hold Til Older

No, children should not be baptized. The baptism of a child or new born is for the benefit of the parents religious beliefs. That child or new born does not have any clue what is happening or why. A Baptism should be a ritual that is not performed until the person understands the reason for it, and requests it on his or her own, or else it will not have meaning or serve any purpose.

• No

No, they shouldn't be baptized as children because most are not able to grasp the meaning of being baptized. Once children are old enough and understand what it means to be baptized, they should make the decision themselves. It is unfair to the child to force a "way of life" upon them without them realizing it.

• No

Children should not be baptized. Baptism is a symbol of dedicating your life to being in a specific religion. Nobody can make that decision for you, not even your parents. Baptism should occur at an age when the person is ready and willing to make a decision as to their faith. Jesus was not baptized until he was 30 years old by John the baptist. On several other occasions in the bible groups of adults were baptized. There is not one occurance in the bible of a child being baptized.