Should children be hit in school as a punishment?

• Yes.

I'm 12 years old and I think students need corporal punishment. My school deosn't hit so my freinds thinks that teachers are weak. They will think that evn though they make a problem teachers won't hit them so he or she will make more big problems. Do you know why teachers hit students long time ago? Because they wanted to make their students more clever and teachers love all of the students. But thesedays teachers can't hit the students. Think about it. If you are a teacher and your students always yell at you and break your favorite vase and spill water on your shirt. You will want to hit him or her. But, you can't. For the students, to be a clever and smart, teachers are very important. So I think teachers should hit their students, for their students life.

• Yes it is correct

Of course the punishment should be given to the students.But before it atleast 3 warnings should be given.If then also the students didn't follow the words of their teacher or parents then they should definitely get punishment.It should not be too violentic, a restication letter,make them stand on bench,stick can work ...After that before doing anything they will think over it

Posted by: ipk
  • Boys should get caning as they are aggressive

Boys can be effectively disciplined by caning and spanking. Boys and young men should get regular spanking sessions from schools and home. This is time tested. This can bring down major problems the society is facing today. Alcohol, drug abuse, violence, atrocities against women etc can be effectively managed by making young men disciplined.

• Punishments have consequences and this is one of them.

I'm 14. I don't necessarily think spanking is a great thing to do..However, if I had the choice to either do my work and be respectful or get a paddling and have have stinging bum I would definitely choose to be good. YES! It will hurt childrens bottoms for a few minutes but the next time they do something crazy maybe they will think twice about what their doing.

• I say yes

I am in my 40's and we got paddles at school both by teachers and principle. Then got it again when we got home. I have no psychological issues. My son was in middle school and got sent to the office for throwing spitballs in the class room. I told the principle to paddle him and was informed that they could not do that. I think the problem with todays generation is lack of discipline and spanking your child is a ok punishment. Now, spanking is on the bottom not legs arms or slapping just a good ole spanking.

• Lessons must be learned.

Kids these days have trouble with a few lessons.
    1. Sometimes life is not fair and there is nothing you can do about it.
    2. Every action has a consequence.
    3. Enduring stress and pain.

A good spanking can help with all three. My parents smacked me as a child and I am about to graduate with my bachelors in Computer Science and with no criminal record. I doubt I turned into the monster some people say corporal punishment creates.

• Students lack respect

Not to be sexest but the majority of incidents the boys disrupt the class and even swear and mock the teacher. However there are many sensible students who want to study and the inability of teachers to desipline their students properly is depriving students the right to learn. It's simply not fair to the other students.

• Punks need a good smack.

Punks need a good smack now and again. So many arrogant blokes running around my school, insulting and bullying students, even the seeing-eye dog my one friend is training. I've overhead many conversations that make my blood boil and wish I could smack the kid and tell them what monsters they are. (I'm 17, just for reference).

• They have to be

Out and about in town nowadays it is impossible not to notice the violent behavior of children. As a part-time job I often act as the company mascot. On many occasions children try to kick, punch and verbally abuse me. In my opinion, they lack respect for people. They believe nothing can happen to them no matter what they do. To a vast degree they are right. In schools also, teachers are abused on a daily basis but they are unable to employ and sort of discipline that would actually make the children realize what they did was wrong and give them sufficient reason not to do so again. Unless the laws are changed to allow teachers, as well as parents to discipline their children through a physical punishment the problems will just become worse as they will not learn any different. The ability to hit a child can be abused and there are also many occasions where a child can be seriously injured. There must be defined limits to what is legal of course, I'm not saying people should be allowed to severely injure children as that is plain wrong, but not doing anything makes children become disrespectful and abusive to any member of society. Perhaps if children were disciplined in a physical way in the classroom as well as at home, there would not be as much violence amongst the youth of today.

• I'm a kid who agrees

I'm 16 yrs old, and throughout my life I have been firm believer of discipline enforced with a good couple of hits. Today in many average schools or even higher have students with arrogance, ego and cheek. Some students thing they are big enough to abuse their teachers with swear words. They may slam the doors and stomp off and be stupid; throw a fit like a baby. Many students have grown into a horrific stage and fight back at the teacher and even parents may fight back (if abused). I think most people are against it because they know it its a real punishment that actually can get kids to quiver. Beats should not be given maliciously nor too lightly and always with parents knowledge before hand. Also students must be told before a hit that they can't do anything. Cameras must be in the room and they should be hit no more than five times only with hands. They used to use whips made of Birch and they hurt. I think no significant damage should be done to the child however, the child must learn and if detentions and phone calls are working, you should beat them until they are obedient. Preferably when below age of 10 because after that is when people face first stages of puberty and begin to develop. Furthermore if you hit them at an early stage the child will think it is normal and not retaliate, making them respect who should be respected, even if they dislike the teacher. If you beat them up when young they learn to act like a young adult, the sooner they think like an adult rather than teenager the sooner they act and become and adult. With a couple hits (with a valid reason and parents knowledge) from only a senior member of staff hits should be allowed. I have witnessed a very unpleasant attitude in many students and I know personally beatings do work. Where and how exactly they should be beaten should be left to the scientists. I feel like beating up kids who smoke, love drugs, care less about life, hate school and education, rely on benefits and disrespect elders and teachers who should be seen as role models.

• NO!!!

Teachers Shouldnt be allowed to spank children at all.Hiting aid isnt going tohange how they act at all if it's allowed kid will start to drop out to school because they will be scared to go to school.the only people that allowed to put a hand on there kids are the parents

• THAT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!!

Even though the kid needs to learn disapline doesnt mean the school can spank them! That has gone too far. Whats worse is that parents actually say "yes". What kind of parent would let some stranger woop their kid? TELL ME! Thats just wrong. Its like leaving your kid with someone you dont even know. Just because its a school doesnt mean that they will be easy on them. Once you say yes they will spank them harder. Now my kid gotten trouble at school i wouldve taken care of it myself not some strangers.

• Out Of Line! Not Right!

No one wants to be hit with a paddle. Thats just making things worst for the kids. Teachers should not be allowed to because they should not have the right to hit someones child. I think that is way out of line. Who wants their child to come home with a scar on their face or body because a teacher beat them. Its not right. How would the teacher like it if she was hit with the paddle. I understand in some countrys it is legal but how can you hit someone children

• NO WAY!

Why should children be put in a place where they suffer in pain.They might grow up to do the same to thier kids. Children can feel things as well as adults so what gives them the right to hit children. Children do not hit parents as a punishment therefor adults should not be allowed to hit children.

• While some children are deserving of beatings

I really, really, really would never trust the school to fairly administer punishment to my children (if I had any). I really distrust schools in all matters of everything, after I found out that my old school board was run by racists and dealt out completely unequal punishments to people depending on their affluence and race. Since schools are so untrustworthy, I would never trust them with the power to hit children.

• Absolutely not.

We should never give teachers the permission to abuse children. For one, it's unethical, and will likely escalate into more serious abuse if it is allowed. How would society regulate it? Where would we draw the line? How would we know how hard/often teachers should be able to hit children? It's wrong. An adult should never hit a child, as it will never, EVER fix the problem at hand. I can't believe anyone would think otherwise.

• That's just idiotic.

In the real world, when you commit a crime or do something wrong, you spend time in jail or do community service. A judge isn't going to smack you for your parking ticket. That's just ridiculous. Why would anyone ever think hitting someone for a punishment is ok? If anyone did that to me, that'd just reinforce the idea that this person isn't to be respected. If they can't prove their point and vindicate theirself through words, then they must be hitting you because they're incompetent.

• NO. NEVER.

This was a very ugly practice that used to be openly done in Asian countries. It has been eradicated in most parts today, yet continues in tiny backward villages. ANYONE other than the child's parents have NO RIGHT to TOUCH the child. NO ONE DARE hit a child that isn't theirs, and that too, for EDUCATION. For SCHOOL WORK. This is retarded trash. At least one good thing about North America is that this practice is unheard of. "Punishment" in school can range from making the kid go on time out or stand in the hall way (sit). NO WAY should ANY hitting occur on someone else's child.

• Hitting children should not be acceptable punishment anywhere.

I think that hitting children teaches them violence as a solution to problems. Corporal punishment may elicit the desired behavior but it is through fear, not a real understanding of right and wrong. Children need discipline, but corporal punishment is not discipline...it's just violence against a child at the hands of someone who is supposed to care for and protect them.

• It teaches children that hitting is okay as long as it is done by someone in a position of authority

Children look to teachers as an example for life, if teachers hit them they will think it is ok to hit others younger and smaller. Schools need to improve on discipline but our society as a whole need to learn better ways to implement it.

Anonymous says2013-03-03T09:07:52.643
Teacher have rights to give punishment that does not means that teacher should give punishment every time