• Kids should because they can move at their own pace

M m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m mmmmm m m m m m m mm m m m mm m mmmm mm m mm m m mm m m mm m m mm m

• Public school doesn't help you

Kids only go to public school because they must. They do not even learn or they just daydream or just play with their pencils or pens, Homeschooling is better cause children can easily learn by being homeschooled, Plus school gives you a bunch a useless trivia which doesn't help you with your job.

• Homeschooling is a great idea!

I'm homeschooled myself, and I'm VERY thankful for my superb parents! No matter what anybody says (or does) public schools just aren't giving American kids superior educations (there's a reason that North Korean children have the highest college graduate level in the world.) Some people say that homeschoolers aren't very social. That's not true, at least for me. I attend a Classical Conversations Challenge group every Monday. I get to spend the day learning with a Christian tutor, and I love getting to see my friends. I also interact with other kids several times a week, at gymnastics, dance, and church. I also like being homeschooled because I can learn at my own pace- as fast or slow as I want to- and my mom doesn't have to share herself with 20 other kids.

• Yes, i think it should be allowed

Homeschooling is allowed in this country, many people think though that this law should be banned. I personally think that it should be a law, as its people’s own right
    In this country, you can teach your child at home, full or part-time Before you can do this though, your house is checked by an official officer to see if it is a suitable learning environment. As a parent, you must make sure your child receives a full-time education from the age of 5 but you don’t have to follow the national curriculum if you are homeschooling them. From time to time, the council will send someone out to see if your child has learnt everything it is meant to know.

There are a few reasons to why I think homeschooling should be allowed and not banned. First of all, if a child was struggling in classes at school, he or she wouldn’t be able to keep up with the rest of the class, as the teacher can’t wait for one child to grasp a concept. This would mean that there is a high chance of them failing their exams

Secondly, if they were constantly being bullied at school, they would hate going to school, which means that they wouldn’t be able to work as they would constantly be worrying about what is going to happen at the end of the lesson. As homeschooling is an option, they can do that instead, but if it was banned, they would end up with severe depression and would have to end up staying at home, instead of going to school.

Also, if their best learning environment is at home, then they should be allowed to do that. As i have already said, they would be checked on regularly to see if they are learning the right things, so if it doesn’t work out, they can always be sent back to school.

People who are against homeschooling will say that homeschooling is antisocial and there is no chance to make friends. In fact, it is the quite the opposite. Research shows that homeschooled children are more sociable as they have more time to join clubs and the like. Aso, there are homeschooling groups parents and children can join. Some even do their own lessons together
    finally, home schooled children tend to have better test results. Research has shown that on average they get 30% higher marks at times. This ifs because of the one on one attention that they are always getting.
    There is not a one size fits all in education. Agency based education is key to successful and happy citizens. How would you like someone else to choose your profession, family size, or how you dress? No one likes to be told what to do. We should be allowed choices and accept the consequences of them. No one should be forced to home school. No one should be forced to attend public school. Everyone should be given options for an education.

• Yes they should

I think that they should be allowed to be homeschooled. 1. It is their right
    2. If their best learning environment is at home, then let them learn at home! 3. If a child is struggling at school, the teacher can't wait for them to understand a concept. 4. If they don't understand what they are 'learning' they would fail their exams, as they wouldn't understand anything. 5. If they are constantly being bullied then they wouldn't want to go into school, instead they might bunk of (and fail their exams) but if they could be homeschooled, they could learn at home instead. 6. Although you say that they would be lonely, sometime a group of children that want to be homeschooled will get together and they will do lessons together. Btw I am doing this for school speech and essay

• They can study what they want to study.

They have the flexibility and time that they wouldn't have if they went to school. Not going to school frees up at least 40 hours per week that could be used to study coursework that would actually apply to the field in which a child intends to work, when they leave home.

• Tons of Socialization available

In reading the negative comments it is evident that many people are making a serious false assumption regarding homeschooling. The term "homeschool" does NOT IN ANY WAY mean that the child or teen literally sits at home all day. QUITE THE OPPOSITE. Many homeschoolers are MORE active in community organizations, sports programs, etc. than their traditionally schooled peers. They may also participate in co-ops that may have at least as many children in them as some private schools. My own kids participate in co-ops two days a week, play on a competitive soccer team, play on a private school soccer team, go away to camp, sing in a large youth choir, go on summer mission trips and volunteer with children and at the local library. They are constantly being invited to birthday parties and other functions. While I am sure there are exceptions, the "lack of socialization" argument is simply NOT valid with the vast majority of homeschoolers I have known, nor is the idea that they never get to know anyone of different ethnicity, etc.

• Absolutely, homeschooling is the best! :)

I do not know where to start, however I am not going to fill this up with my own opinions or suggestions. However, I am going to say what research studies have already indicated. Firstly, we all hear so much about social interactions as one of the main reasons to place our children in school. However, research suggest that home school children are better socialized than their counter parts. Now, if we think about this, it makes sense. At work, where many of you are at right now :) , if you look around you are surrounded by many people; some older, younger, different races, genders so on and so forth. However, in school, many students are surrounded by people that in most cases are just like them (age/race/ideas). Thats very different from society. While home schooled children spend a majority of their time either with siblings of different ages/education/gender and when out in the real world surround by and interact with a variety of people. Additionally, if and when the child becomes active in sports the social environment that they are exposed to is positive and supervised. However, this cannot be said about all social environments in the school setting which is why bullying is so prominent.

Now with that out of the way focusing on the main reason our children go to school, education! But this is a no brainer, studies show that home schooled children have a 30 pt advantage across all subjects relative to their school taught counterparts. This advantage can grow as much as 50 percentage points if we were to be highlighting african american children. Now once again, this makes sense, at home the student has the opportunity for one on one. Because the student is in a comfortable environment he/she is okay to ask questions. If the child doesn't grasp the information quickly enough, its okay they can spend as much time as needed. This is mainly because (as many teachers will tell you) in the school environment there is usually only about 2 hours of active instructional learning going on. However, even so teachers cannot spend all day waiting for a single student or two to grasp the concepts of whats going on.

I really could go on, but I will leave it at this, research has suggest that home schooled kids out perform their counterparts in just about every single way, and they are more likely to go on to college and further succeed and out perform them. Even better, all of these results were not impacted by the education of the parent, the amount of money they made, or the amount of money they spent in educating them.

• Yes!! Home schooling is the best.

I was in public almost all my life except highschool. I always believed in life you needpte
    Friends. I failed 2 classes in eighth grade and in high school it began dropping
    More. I was pulled out and homeschooled. It was amazing how my 60s and no help to 100 with extra help turned out. I could care less if I have no friends now but I do from groups. I'm going to graduate early and get a scholar ship. That's better than dropping out. I'm not saying homeschool is for everyone but some children need some more help and it makes it worthit.
    I strongly recommend homeschooling. It changed my
    LIFE and I'm proud of myself more
    Than ever.

• Yes, if it is right for your child

• Homeschooling should not be allowed

I believe that homeschooling does not let the kids be social and interact with other kids. Also, some parents do not get the required education to homeschool therefore not giving the best education to the kid. The kids also miss out on important events such as school dances, sports, and extracurricular activities.

• No

Homeschooling does not only lead to dozens of social issues but also a lack in sympathy for different people and conformity to a parent's beliefs, rather than creating their own.
    If a child were to be taught in their home, they would never meet other children who may have different sets of views. Therefore, they never learn to understand someone else's actions or lifestyles. If a white kid, with racist parents, never went to school in the South (which has a huge Black population) he would never learn tolerance or love for the other race because that child would never experience what the black children are like.
    It should be a must for children to be publicly or privately schooled.

• I don't think so

Ultimately, it is the parents decision whether or not their child gets homeschooled. However, I feel that children should not be homeschooled, especially not their whole lives. It's an important process in growth for children to make friends outside of the home, in order to help them find their place in the world. They need to be socialized and gain life experience. I don't feel they can do this by being homeschooled all of their lives.

• no

I don't think children should be home schooled because it keeps them from the social life of school. School it's a great experience for children. They get to have their first experiences with the outside world, if we cave our children at home they will become more fearful of the outside world. I do understand that there are some cases in which the kid is not cut out for school, in that case I approve home schooling because no child should be left behind, disregarding their disabilities or problems if they want to succeed they will have the opportunity.

• No more homeschooling

• Children should not be home schooled

As being home schooled don't give children an environment that is needed to study and also not give them a feeling of competition which could help them for doing well. So i want to say that children should not be home schooled. But its all about the decision of their parents

• Children should not be home schooled

• Children should not be home schooled

• Form of brainwash

I was recently watching a show where this family had nine children sleeping between two rooms and they were being homeschooled. I don't agree with the parents decision of having children homeschool because not only in this situation at least the kids were all crammed together they had no privacy they had no time to themselves they were being taught everything by their parents who in this case the dad was a pastor. I personally feel that the parents that want their children to go to school because he didn't want them to learn or be educated buy anything else other than religion and while I understand why the parents would want that I don't agree that their children shouldn't be allowed to have the ability to learn about other subjects

• No friends anymore

No no no no non no no no no no no no no no no no no no n o no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no friends .

AnneGregor says2014-09-08T10:30:53.907
While homeschooling can be very hard when starting out in the younger years, it will become easier as your children grow older and are more self managed. But with all the advantages it gives, it is a win win all around.

AnneG
http://HomeschoolingOption.Com/