• Yes, we should spank

Look at our society today, are we better off now than we were 20 years ago? No we are not! Our schools are a war zone because parents refuse to let the school paddle their kids when they are out of control. Kids are getting away with murder because parents didn't spank their child and let them know right from wrong. My parents spanked me and their parents before them did the same. Did they have the problems in society that we do today? Once again no they didn't because parents taught their kids to behave or else there would be severe consequences. Wake up people! Take a stand and take back control of your kids. Its legal to spank those out of control kids. Do it now before our country is in ruin.

• Yes

As a child that was spanked, I say spanking is completely acceptable. To a certain degree a parent should be free to discipline their children as they see fit. I do believe, however, that spanking should never be done out of anger. It should be done when the parent is in a completely emotion-free state of mind and it should be stressed to the child that it is being done for their own good and not out of anger.

• yes

I think that spanking is not hurting. It helps to keep the child under control. If a kid gets spanked they know not to do what they just did. Words do not always work. Look at the world now most kids do not listen to words, there needs to be a lot of spanking done in my book. It helps the child to understand its pain not to do it again or I will get spanked.

• Discipline is a Personal Choice

Parents have the right to discipline their children as they see fit. Spanking is a form of physical discipline. Its effectiveness is a matter for another debate. Spanking is not abusive in and of itself. The lessons learned by kids from their parents may be harsh thanks to spanking, but the method makes a clear statement. I don't like seeing kids spanked in public as much as anyone else, but parents have the right to do so.

• Using reason doesn't always work.

Discipline and abuse are two very different things: ABUSE is meant to degrade a person and assert dominance, while DISCIPLINE is used to teach understanding. I can say that both my sister and I were spanked as children, and it was the spanking that taught us about our behavior and consequences. Some children understand and will listen to reason, and if that works with your child, then by all means, go ahead and use reason with your child. However, I will say that children are selfish and want what they think is best for them. If they don't see any consequences connected to their bad behavior, they will act according to their own wants. (Using an example here) Telling a child that they cannot have a cookie because they already had one will make sense to some children, but most won't care. They'll think "Yes, I know I've had a cookie today, but I want another and see no reason why I shouldn't have one." Because their actions don't have consequences, they'll do as they wish. Spanking tells a child that their actions have consequences, and they can't always do what they want. Children understand and fear pain, so if they connect bad behavior with pain, they'll avoid bad behavior by thinking "Yes, I want another cookie, but if I take another one, I'll be spanked. Spanking is painful." Spanking may be used when necessary (such as when a child is repeatedly disobeying orders), but it should NOT be used for every minor misdemeanor.

• Hello its me

A b c d e f g h I j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 qw e r t y7 u u j k k k k g g g f f

• Hello its me

• Hello its me

• Jsjsjjsjsjsj js js jsjs

S sj sj sjjs jsj s sjsj s sjs js js sjj sj sj js jsj sjjs js j sjs jsjs jjs js j sj sj jsjs sjs js jsjsj js jsjs jsjs js js sjjsjjs s js jsj j s sjs jsjsj sj jsjsj j sj js jj sj

• Jsjsjjsjsjsj js js jsjs

• Should be no more spanking

Psychological and Social Consequences I grew up in an elementary school where teachers were allowed to spank students this occurred from pre-k to 5th grade. My own parents wouldn't beat me because I already knew the difference between right and wrong from age 6, but because it was a Christian school they were allowed to beat me with a wooden ruler. I saw students get spanked for the most frivolous things from missing school when approved by a parent, and not memorizing a review question. What was even worse was the spanking for one bad apple's decision. The only way out was to tell on the other student(which was the road I took). I was so afraid when this happen that always would be the one, and soon people would stop trusting me and I would try to stay away from them and become shy

• Harder jobs for parents

There are plenty of better methods to discipline a child rather than spanking them. It causes depression anxiety and social problems by the way it's a fact after reading that what sort of person would spank a child. No child should be hurt in any way. Spanking a child is abuse and if it's verbal or non verbal it's wrong. If a parents spanks a child it isn't teaching the kid a lesson it's proved that it makes them more aggressive. It will just make the parents life harder.

• Different child different methods.

Different kids have have different personalities. So basically I believe some kids are able to be reason with but not all kids can be. Just like doing science experiment we can't expect the same results with different components using the same method every time. Not every kid wants to do the right thing, they can understand the concept but some simply just don't care. Some kids are scare of getting their toys taken away, some are scare of time out and while some are just scare of getting spank.

• Spanking is harmful to a child's health.

Spanking a child causes fear, not understanding. It only teaches the child to avoid the punisher- not what they did wrong. Spanking is damaging to the long-term mental health of children as well. Studies show that children who were spanked are more likely to develop depression and anxiety, as well as more likely to become aggressive and anti-social. I was spanked when I was younger, and I can say that today, I have regular anxiety attacks and don't enjoy being in environments where I'm expected to socialize. There are other ways to discipline your child that won't harm their physical and psychological health. Kids shouldn't be expected to learn by being hurt. It's unacceptable to hit our spouses; we don't hit in the military; why is it acceptable to do so to our children?

• Kids should never be spanked

It is really wrong to spank kids because kids begin to fear parents and that is wrong. Parents should love their kids and if they do something wrong it's better to talk to them and make them feel good. Hitting only makes it worse and if you spank children they feel not loved and usually parents regret doing it
    and if you say sorry they won't listen to you and you will feel bad so in conclusion Kids should not be spanked EVER.

• Defenetly not.Period. It.S physical abuse

If you hit an animal or wife, you will be frowned upon. But if you hit a child aparently, thar"s fine. NO IT.S NOT! Spanking, aka hitting, is a serious and insidious problem. Just look at all the studies you won,t find one that states spanking has positive effects. We are in a much peceful and safer society thanks to people that stand up for what,s right. More than 30 countrys have banned scorporeal punishment, now it,s our turn. COME ON WE CAN DO IT!

• Inflicting pain does not teach the right lesson

It is simple: read the research. Corporal punishment (i.E. Spanking) does NOT work as well as other, non-violent methods of discipline. In fact, it has been shown to decrease a child's self-esteem and increase the likelihood of mental and emotional issues. Children who are spanked are TWICE as likely to resort to aggression to solve problems in later years. All of the people on the pro side of this issue who are blaming problems in schools/society on the lack of spanking need to realize that those troublemakers/ bad kids more than likely were spanked, which is why they see violence as an appropriate response. It is an inferior parenting technique that has been opposed by the American Academy of Pediatrics, UNESCO, and Save the Children (Christian charity) to name a few. It is also banned in 46 countries and has been internationally condemned by the United Nations in their Conventions on the Rights of the Child.

• Why should you

When you spank your children it leaves them to feel like a failure but when you have a better way to deal with them it will sure be a better way according to Eric P. Slade, assistant professor at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and co-author of a study appearing in this month's issue of Pediatrics he says "Spanking children under the age of 2 puts those children into a higher risk group for behavioral problems later,". And i have to agree coming from a spanking world there is NO NEED FOR SUCH VIOLENCE ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE MAD.

• We should spank kids!

Spanking isn't meaning to hut them but it's to scare them so they don't do the same thing again, now if it gets to where there are hand marks and brusies then that's just crossing the line. But, we need spanking it's what thatches kids wrong from right and if we don't spank them to teatches them who knows how the world will end up, who knows what we'll do. We are the future and what we do counts. If we just do nothing to stop kids from doing what they do our world could be destroyed because of parents not be able to spank children.

• Discipline, Not Punishment

You can teach children right from wrong without physically harming them. The "spankings," that went on way back when are considered child abuse nowadays when we look back on it. Yet so many parents continue to think it necessary to spank and swat and hit their kids. Strict parents have always made for sneaky children. Do we need history to keep repeating itself, people? Meanwhile, children that are raised in homes where tools other than spankings are used often end up becoming great individuals. I do find it funny that people on the "Yes," side call the "No's," soft. Just because you grew up with spankings does not mean that needs to be mirrored in the next generation. Do not bring up a generation using the methods used in the previous generation; each are raised for a different time.