Should children start school later so they don't have to wake up early? And end at the same hour as usual

Asked by: isarica_2001
  • Well, why not?

There ahould be a limit of 2 homework per day, like my school does, but the homework help to lesrn and understand thing pa that kids don't understand, but I think there ahoukd be a program that help students to do their homework at school and ask teachers if they don't understand something. Homework helps preparing for exams. Using this method, students will also have free time to realize their activities and as I said, limit of two homework per day

• A healthy breakfast

Sometimes the children wake up late or their parents don't have or don't set an alarm. This makes it hard for them to have a healthy breakfast, but if we were to push the time that school starts further in the day, they will always have a healthy breakfast which gives them the energy they need. This also decreases students sleeping in class by a ton!

• Yes I agree

There should* be a limit of 2 homework' (what are the words '2 homework' supposed to mean, could you plz tell me if u ment 2 subjects?) 'per day, like my school does', Students should just be given less homework so that there is no reason to stay up and getting less sleep as the amount of hours required daily for sleep. So it isn’t the school hours that's the problem, it’s the amount of homework students like myself get. Especially on top of assessments and extra curricular activities students want to complete and enjoy without the stress of other things like homework and no sleep.

• Yes I agree

• Yes I agree

• Yes I agree

• Yes I agree

• Yes I agree

• Students sleeping in class.

Students are falling asleep in class because they don't get enough sleep because of school being so early for them & they need some more sleep time so they don't fall asleep in class or during tests, like the K-PREP or the ACT tests, so they should let students sleep longer.

• It is called a Bedtime.

The problem is not that school is starting too early for them, the problem is that they are not getting enough sleep because they stay up too late. Our schools are failing to teach necessary skills as it is, we don't need to cut even more instructional time which will just make the problem worse.

• Less School, More Homework

Everything has some sort of consequence. For example, if you think that getting shorter school days is a good idea, think about this. Less Time means less information given to the students. Less information = more homework, = less time then with normal school days. Also, less information given = more school days to make up for it, = shorter summer vacation. Oh, and grades wouldn't be as good.
    Hope this helps!
    -Random Person in the universe

• No. Time management is the problem

School does not to start later. Children needs to be taught time management and parents need to set straight guidelines. First and foremost, children needs to LISTEN and LEARN while in school. This will make doing homework much more efficient. Second, no playing, tv until all homework and studying is done.

• It's the homework that is the problem

As isarica_2001 has just stated that 'There should* be a limit of 2 homework' (what are the words '2 homework' supposed to mean, could you plz tell me if u ment 2 subjects?) 'per day, like my school does', Students should just be given less homework so that there is no reason to stay up and getting less sleep as the amount of hours required daily for sleep. So it isn’t the school hours that's the problem, it’s the amount of homework students like myself get. Especially on top of assessments and extra curricular activities students want to complete and enjoy without the stress of other things like homework and no sleep.

• There should just be less homework

As isarica_2001 has just stated that 'There should* be a limit of 2 homework' (what are the words '2 homework' supposed to mean, copuld you plz tell me if u ment 2 subjects?) 'per day, like my school does', instead of students staying up and getting less sleep as the amount of hours required daily for sleep. So it isnt the school hours thats the problem, its the amount of homework students like myself get. Especially on top of assessments and extra ciriculum activitesstudents want to complete and enjoy without the stress of other things like homework and no sleep.