Should children under 13 be allowed on Facebook?

Asked by: Fanny
  • 100 times yes!

Why not? If you want your child on it then they should be able to get on it! If they know not to look up inappropriate things or to not add people they don't know then they should be able to. I think Facebook should have a test for the parents to give to their kids to show that they can be on it or not.

• Why say no

Children should be allowed on Facebook. I think people are focusing too much on the disadvantages instead of focusing on how to make a it a safer place.
    Saying they shouldn't be allowed is not fair because Facebook can also be helpful and useful to them like the older ones.

• Why say no

• Why not? I say yes.

If your child is mature and they know not to share personal data, cyber bullying or anything else, they should be allowed to use Facebook. Otherwise, it is up to the parents. I think a suitable age range for kids would be from 10 years old. Not any less than that.

Regards, A.

• Yes yes yes

Write a counter_view on the opinion students should be allowed to have a facebook accountwrite a counter_view on the opinion students should be allowed to have a facebook accountwrite a counter_view on the opinion students should be allowed to have a facebook accountwrite a counter_view on the opinion students should be allowed to have a facebook accountwrite a counter_view on the opinion students should be allowed to have a facebook account

• Whats the big deal?

Just let them play the games! Parents can watch over their children's facebook and they can set the settings. I got mine with i was 5 or 7 and I was fine! All i did what play games and laugh at cat videos. Their KIDS you really think their gonna just go on and be friends with perverts and kidnappers? Really?

• Stop tryna be cool!

Children dont need facebook. Go do your homework. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• Stop tryna be cool!

• Hi like you

Just calm down and do some dope weed that is all you need to know and that is how it.Smoke some weed and you will be fine kkkkkkkkkkkkk now lets have this in a real manner you just have rights and that means kids can have facebook you need to calm the ****** down

• Dope my dude

Farther north west is the best way I could have made him the most amazing thing I would do not want a British government or the other grass is not that there are trees and that eats the trees that are many of water trees trees are used for the water color to be a water water color or color of the trees and the grass is not the trees of trees and water trees trees are

• No. Go to KidzWorld

I chose 'No' for my own selfish reasons. Agreeing with many others, children should not be allowed on Facebook for the following reasons:
    -They use it improperly, and they are mainly an annoyance. They use it to be popular and look cool. It's not about connecting with friends for them. It's about having the most friends and it becomes dangerous because you don't know who you're really talking to.
    -They trash their reputation. Talking about how hammered they got last night or who they've slept with, colleges and employers look at this and it is safer to teach them about this BEFORE THEY GO ONLINE. PLEASE.

• Facebook or disgrace book

It is against the law. Cyber bullying is just a whole another topic about Facebook. It is most likely for your child to also get cyber bullied and you will regret your life if your child commits suicide.
    Children also should not be allowed on Facebook one reason for this is that children just aren't ready for this freedom.

• Kids shouldn't be allowed on Facebook

One reason for this is that is that kids just aren't ready for this freedom on the internet. Now I agree that some kids are more mature and are ready for it but, some would just abuse the power. Cyber bulling is a whole another topic that I don't care to get in to. As a kid my parents didn't allow me to get on Facebook, at the time I thought it was because they didn't trust me. However now I realize that it was the internet they didn't trust and I am glad because they did. Thank you for listening!

• Irresponsible and Innocent

Children are too innocent to know better than friend any one who follows them. They trust people too much, and are the perfect victims to child abusers and paedophiles. I myself am not even on Facebook yet, and I am several years older than thirteen. I am almost eighteen, and I do not think I will ever get on Facebook. Facebook, though owned by a great man, has become an abused online website, one that targets many young children and one of the biggest connecting links to criminal activity. In 2011 alone, over 12,000 criminal cases were linked to the site. Could we be putting children in danger by letting them on the site as well to be mixed up with murderers and paedophiles?
    GermanyR.

• For my own experience i am 17 and i hate facebook.

Face book is not a good site for kids under like 15 15 years old your kids should not have a facebook like so youge just please listen to me facebook is not a good sit for bulling and all them reasons facebook should not be allowed for 13 all the way to like 15 16 years old facebook is the worts thing you can put your kids on and anyway thank you but face book sucks in the world you dont need ant friends just buy a phone and activate it for your kid put all the numbers he is allowed on id phone and tell hi you can only have thid people on your phone that is all you got to do yes facebook is free but just get them a phone like i did anyway thank you again byebye e facebook just can create alot of problems.

• Bjhsbfwerfuylbvyurhuigbvtrbfuybvuyhurhfb fvbultrhguufwehgiuwrehgihwrgiuhgtrurhtguirhtiuthrheuihuilehtuehuit5hn vgtue yiilutuitrhiler

Guyv 8th ory8t hy8 gth thg ytgo h yguio iuo rhgoighiuoer h herio giu gtiou guiogioghiuer houer teh hiuoh pih ht tipu utiou uiogtr iugiuoh piutg hh gih giu trgiog hoiurt ghoigtr hiourth ghtiu igtioh trg hgiu iouh i i hbvjh bj bvjh g jhv irvhvhviov5hiltrhliuevjhiulbhklr hlrt huilgtr hjvh rvhtv rv