• School is for learning, not for fashion.

Uniforms are less distracting than regular clothes, and cause fewer distractions. In addition, they eliminate dress code discussions and interpretations. The child is either in uniform, or not, period. It allows teachers to spend more time teaching and less time policing what their students are wearing. They also make mornings much easier on the child and the parents. There is no angst over what to wear each day.

• School uniforms promote discipline on kids.

School uniforms are a way for kids to implement manners and discipline on students. Its important for kids to learn how to properly dress accordingly to an occasion, rather than just wearing what they want to whenever they want. Plus a school looks way more organized with uniforms, not mentioning the economic favor to the parents. Kids always want to war new clothes to school and that sometimes can be an argument starter on tough times.

• Yes, if the school considers it appropriate to their situation.

School situations and cultures vary, and there is no one way that is right for all of them. But a school uniform avoids many problems of indecent dress, gang symbols, etc, which might be difficult to manage with only a dress code. It need not restrain individuality; the child only wears it a few hours a day. Setting a clear expectation that certain clothing is appropriate for certain occasions can also help prepare students for a professional environment. Of course, it goes without saying that the uniform should be tasteful and comfortable.

• Yes, we should wear uniforms to school.

Children should wear school uniform to school because, it's to represent the school and if you get lost then your teacher will start looking for you because you don't have your badge, and if you did have your badge, then they could look at your badge and see what school you are in. So that is 1 reason why children should wear uniform to school.

• No they. Shouldn't be allowed

School uniforms should not be allowed because it shouldn't. Because I don't like it children can't express there selves they might be having trouble at home and want to express there selves if they are having trouble at home or somewhere else school uniform shouldn't be allowed its wrong they got to express there selves.

• Yes I don't see the problem!!!!

When I get home I never take my school uniform off. My school uniform is a white shirt and tie and blazer and black pants. I have my tie loosen all the time I find my blazer handy and warm. It's not just me who does this my best friend stays in his school uniform. If we go out after school somewhere we always go in our school uniforms there is no point going home to get changed. I find my school uniform comfortable. I where a clean sirt everyday and I where clean pants every other day and my blazer gets washed every other weekend so I am not a dirty person!!!

• Uniforms promote better behavior.

Requiring uniforms takes the peer pressure off the table regarding clothes. This ends all the arguments at home about what to wear and inappropriate choices. It also promotes pride in one's school. When out after school you can readily identify those kids from your school by their uniform. And I think kids take pride in this. It promotes discipline because of the uniformity. Less distraction due to clothes. Plus it is easier on the budget for families.

• NO they should not wear uniforms

It blocks children's way to express themselves and be themselves. No one should be forced to wear something they don't want to wear. Wearing your own clothes allows you to be yourself and show who you are in a different way then talking. Everyone has there own style and should be able to show it.

• Children should not wear uniforms to school...

The uniform might be too small or too big for some children, and poor families will not be able to afford the uniforms as it may be expensive, and they may express their feelings with what their wearing, for example,
    a child who is feeling sad will wear brown or black clothes to school.

• My personal appearance

I am personally a goth but with school uniform I can't be who I want to be and that is pretty annoying. Also I feel uncomfortable in school uniform as it can get really tight and itchy. My friends also don't know what I like because of what I have to wear to school and new I have a big box full of birthday presents from my friends and personally... I HATE THEM ALL!

• No just no

They strip individuality. Kids should get to wear what they want. Some families might not be able to afford these uniforms. And it might get unorganized having to wash them every night before bed. Uniforms them self are uncomfortable and very irritating and itchy. Kids shouldn't grow up wearing uniforms

• Children should be expressive

Fashion is a form of expression and this expression should never be curbed in an educational setting. So much of schooling is dedicated to learning social interaction, and forcing students to wear uniforms will discourage the idea that people should be expressive and non-conformist. Uniforms are a formalistic, dare I say fascistic, concept that go against the entire idea of freedom.

• Of course no!!!!!!!!!!!

Kids should not wear uniforms to school because if they do it will ruin all their creativity on getting dressed. E.G.. If someone says I am going to wear my favourite t-shirt tomorrow and the next day they don't, they just wear the SAME OLD uniform to school with out having fun.

• Students can't express themselves.

Should students wear uniforms to school? In my opinion, they shouldn't wear uniforms to school because they can't express themselves in a way they want to. Just think about it. Every single day of the school year, spring, winter, fall, summer, they are required to wear a uniform. What if someone was a tomboy, or was goth? Or maybe they were going through something, and was wanting to express it through their clothing. School uniforms shouldn't be allowed.

• Individuality stripped away.

I feel that schools should be lees worried about what the children are wearing and more focused on what they are learning. The schools in the U.S. are so far behind. I feel like that is the leading cause to our countries debt. The people are not educated enough to obtain high paying positions. I stay in a small town bordered by several other small towns and it is hard to find uniform when everyone else is grabbing for them too. They should be more concerned with safety and security.

• School Uniforms Inhibits Child Individuality

School Uniforms Inhibit child individuality because it puts children in a box so to speak. What a child chooses to wear is a reflection of who they are and their personal preference. Making children wear school uniforms takes their individuality and option to be different away.The most important factor is that children come to school ready to learn and are dressed appropriately.