Should children with disabilities be taught in separate schools?

• They should be taught separately

Even if they'll be taught together with normal children they will mostly be discriminated by others. And this can really harm the disabled child mentally and sometimes physically. My personal view is that they should be taught in separate schools in order to avoid this bad condition. They will better should be taught in seperate schools with similar children and study better than to study in that kind of condition.

• Some parents are in denial and they cannot accept the fact that their child needs a special attention and approach

They deny that their child is not mentally challenged so they just cover it up by enrolling them in normal schools. For me as a teenager i see the fact that doing this without diagnosis from an expert might just make their situation worse and ruin their life.. There is nothing wrong with special schools

• People in regular schools are mean.

My best friend and I are autistic and get bullied by all of the "normal" kids. But the other kids with disabilities are nice to us, talk to us, and don't tease us. The only "normal" kids who are "nice" to us are just saying nice things to us because they pity people like us. I asked one girl who said she was my best friend if she wanted to come over for a sleepover sometime, and she said, "no thank you" every time I ask her! Versus my friend with autism who comes over almost every weekend to play and hangs out with me, because she thinks I'm cool. We're in high school now, and I'm graduating this upcoming year, so it's too late for us. But if the two of us went to a school with only disabled kids, I think our lives would've been a lot friendlier. "Normal" kids see people with autism, downs syndrome, cerebral palsy, etc., as weird and abnormal, and think it's fun to make fun of us. A group of girls who wait for me and my friend in the hallway after lunch tell us to make weird faces and take pictures of us. They also record us sometimes. My friend says she's seen pictures of her and I on snap chat and things like that. I never liked these "normal" kids. They pick on kids with disabilities that range from high-functioning autism, to severe down syndrome. It's not fair!

• I'm a Special Edu. Teacher

I have taught in both settings. I can see both sides of the argument. In a typical school setting it is great for the students with disabilities to see appropriate social interactions and make typical peer friends. It also benefits non-disabled students to better understand students with disabilities. Sadly though, many typical school Principals and teachers wanted nothing to do with the special needs classes. Having support and a team around you is a must in special education and many just do not want to deal with these types of students. I now currently work at a public separate school and love it. We are able to meet their needs more intensively. Also, the High School aged group gets to go out to many community based workplaces and work on functional activities they can do in the future. Also, we have physical therapists, speech therapists and occupational Therapists onsite everyday. You don't get that at many places. So yes, I can see both sides of the argument. This is not a black and white issue, there are many gray areas. Just like our students, they are all different and we must find the most appropriate setting to meet their needs.

• It's not discrimination if you're thinking of their education

Students with disabilities won't learn as well in public schools for a few reasons. Not all teachers are trained to teach the students with disabilities, which would make teaching difficult. Students with disabilities also take more of the teacher's time, which isn't a bad thing, but with 30 other students the teacher's time is already limited. In a school meant for children with disabilities, teachers would be trained, knowing just what their students need. Students would also find more teachers, ready to give help whenever they need it.
    Separating disabled children is not discrimination, when you have their education in mind.

• They can become a distraction

School is a place where kids learn. Not to be bothered or have a constant distraction while doing their work. Same goes for the kid with disabilities. They might have a better time not being judged and still have a normal life at school with kids like them, both people can benefit this way.

• They should be taught in separate schools

When I was a volunteer, I had to see that 30% of children in the same class that have serious problems, such as attention problems and hyperactivity. These children, unconsciously, is very distracting other students; the teacher is distracted from the lesson by giving them dozens of comments. For these children need to repeat information several times, so they need a different approach of teaching.

• Special schools allow those with learning difficulties to achieve their full potential.

From personal experience with my sister we have found that special schools have benefited her hugely. She was in mainstream and moved to a special secondary school. Since the move she has improved so much and because she is at a special school she can be independent. If she had gone to a state school she would of had to been educated in class of her own, because of her academic ability, and would require two adults to supervise her at all times. For some children, especially those with just physical needs, mainstream may be the right option. However there has to be an alternative to make sure children with special educational needs get the most out of the educational system.

• They can be a danger to the other children.

No doubt you have all heard about the "No child left behind" bill passed several years ago. While i can understand the goals behind this bill, the way it is being put into effect is wrong. There have been numerous attacks on other peers in school by special care children. I know this is true because my sister was a victim of one of these attacks. If a special care child is a legitimate threat to others. It is unsafe to include them in the classroom.

• Better Needs Provided For Those Who Need It Most

It is my opinion that mentally disabled students be taught in separate schools to be given the attention and resources they need. Nothing makes me more sad then watching them roll a student who can't move or speak into a classroom on a board when he can't actively participate in class. I also had a disabled student in my shop class who was unable to do the assignments. I feel like a separate school would be able to teach these students the life skills and knowledge they need in a more open space (our school has one spec ed room) with more teachers trained to teach these students (some teachers -such as biology- don't have an alternate course plan) which would also open up more jobs. Finally my school has had a genuinely disruptive disabled student who would knock on the door outside of my bio room, if we ignored the student he would run to the other bio door and knock there, where we would ignore him again. He did this every day for over a week. When the teacher asked if they could avoid taking him on walks through the hall or somehow prevent him not to disrupt us (eg. Telling him no and getting him to continue on) the response was "the only way to stop him is physical restraint which we don't do". The supervisors were unwilling to change his route and he is known for yelling in the hall and disrupting classes. Over all a separate school would enable special needs students to learn at a pace that doesn't put them behind in their classes. It would open jobs for more teachers with special training. Bullying would not happen as much. Finally, special needs students could have courses that integrate their own abilities and skills where as putting them in high school courses could frustrate them and cause them to feel inadequate to their classmates.

• Why are you differing them

The children will feel happy if they are in normal school they will think that they are common to do any work why to differ them in their personal matter to critisise them who are we to make them think that they are not normal then if it happens to us then it values

• No they should not

Why they have to go in different school the children of that class are good then they would help the children suffering from disability why we are differing them we all equal in the eyes of god no body is different all are equal we should always help them yes.

• Why there is deferences

This is not good to separate in this world all children are equal we should not separate the disabled one and non disabled we should be equal the god had made them like this who are we to separate them. Everyone has the right to study in normal school .

• No they need to be in separate class

Because they can disturb those students who don't have disability if they were in same class as regular student's so if they have problem with speaking and they try to speak and they like keep shouting weird things so that disturb those students who don't have disabilities this is my opinion

• Children with special needs should be taught in Mainstream Schools.

Being a former special needs student myself I can relate to the topic, having dyslexia and ADHD school was no picnic and yes I struggled but now knowing that just because I have a disability doesn't mean I should have went to a special needs school. I am currently one third of the way through a bachelors degree in nursing, getting credits might I add. So in conclusion based on my own experience I would say that going to a mainstream school gave me the opportunity to succeed in my academic life as well as in my social life.

• I don't entirely disagree but I don't entirely agree either

From my perspective, currently a student hoping to do Primary school teaching at uni, through work experience I have seen special needs children both in a mainstream school and special school both deal with similar problems involving bullying or being picked on to day to day chores that we do everyday such as cutting up food or walking down stairs. I think that we cannot bunch all disabilities together into one category as I think it is unfair on both people that have those disabilities and the schools that teach them. I think it mainly depends on the child's ability and what they prefer, since the child that has gone to a mainstream school, loves the school and has got over being bullied and has used it as a driving force for her skiing career. However, the child that went to a special school also has gotten over being picked on by other people who have special needs. I don't think it is a case of basing it on what struggles they are going to face in either mainstream or special school due to the fact that children in general whether they have a disability or not will all face similar issues on different scales. However, if a child has severe special needs and needs extra attention a way round to not fully exclude them is to put them with other children that have similar issues and needs in which they can be tackled together but still interact with other children. However, I understand that through talking with many special needs children they just want to be seen as being normal like other children who don't have special needs. Although I understand that for some children there needs to be alternative because at the end of the day school should be a place where children go to learn and are able to attain their optimum whether they have special needs or not.

• No NO NO

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• No NO NO

• No NO NO

• Jdbgfvhrrrrv hfuvcm ,cm xhvfn cjnvc

Rbfvhcn xnfv cmvcnj xv njncm xbhfv ndm cnjcv nfd vcn fdc nbvc nv cnvcn mcvn bfv bb b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b bb b nhcsjzvnjcv b b b b b b b b bbvcsbhzbvhjds v