Should children's allowances depend on the house chores they do?

• Bhjuyuhuihgyhhyjhyghghh no no

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• Yes, Children should learn economic insentives.

Children are smart and will learn that if they do chores they will be rewarded. If they are rewarded without any work, then children grow up with a sense of entitlement with a poor work ethic. Children should have positive behavior reinforcement from an early age and not expect free things in life.

• Children's allowances should depend on the house chores they do.

Children should be required to perform chores in order to receive an allowance from their parents. These duties can help kids learn responsibility. They will be less likely to waste money if they have to work to earn it. Also, kids should help around the house because their parents are often busy.

• Yes, money means more when you earn it

I believe that children's allowances should depend on the chores they do around the house. Let them learn early to connect productivity with profit. Money means more to you when you earn it. I used to love playing video games at the local arcade, and after I got my first job, I realized that these video games would eat up hours of my pay in mere minutes. When I thought of the work I did to get those quarters, I wasn't so quick to spend them anymore. Similarly, working for their allowance can teach children valuable lessons about the value of money.

• Yes, they should.

Children's allowances should definitely depend on the chores they do, and how well they do them. For example, if a child does a chore and the chooses to do another chore that he didn't have to, he should be subject to a "raise" much like the real world works. It builds character.

• Children should not be paid to do chores

Doing chores should be an expectation for all members of the family. Part of being in a family unit. They help out or they don't eat.

Allowances are important to teach kids about money but their amount should reflect what the child is expected to buy. And not what they do.

• Children's allowance should also depend on outside work they may perform

Children's allowance should not be only limited to house chores. In fact, house chores should be mandatory regardless if they get paid or not. Outside work they may perform with their guardians or neighbors is more beneficial to their maturity and will teach them the value of doing things outside their homes. It will encourage children later on to do things outside their homes more when they grow up.