• Tobacco Use Should Be Reduced

I believe China should take steps toward reducing tobacco use. In particular, tobacco use should be reduced in public places and around children. Inhaling second-hand smoke is detrimental to the health of others. Second-hand smoke can exacerbate health problems, such as allergies, COPD, and asthma. Moreover, inhaling second-hand smoke is not generally a health choice by the persons inhaling it.

• No, I don't really think so.

No, I don't really think that China should take steps towards quelling tobacco use because no matter what people are addicted and will do whatever they can to get their hands on that stuff. Yes, It would be very good if they did but I am disagreeing because I just don't think it would be very successful.

• They have enough rules already

China may be the single most populated nation on earth and may have the largest number of pollutants, but that does not mean that the people should not enjoy what they do. I have personally been to China and if you were to ban tobacco there, I promise you will see the most populated nation on earth protest and shake our planet.

• No, China should not take steps to curb tobacco use.

It has long been a subject of debate in the Western world whether the government has any business taking efforts to control what its citizens do to their own bodies in terms of how it relates to public health. Here in the US, we have mostly taken the position that the government cannot dictate what it is that we do as private citizens, given that we are not breaking the law. Given the huge population of China, it's simply impractical for the government to try and control its citizens this way. Rather, they should take the position that the government bears no responsibility for the medical treatment of health issues that stem from tobacco use, and be done with it.